Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Developers Outsmart Apple Get "Lock Screen Weather App" Into App Store

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post
    Absolutely nothing new about this. There is an app I just downloaded for Free called "Weather Lock Screen Free". There are other ones too if you look for "lock screen weather" on the search page.
    This App is not the same as the others listed when I search in the App Store. The others just create images that are set as wallpaper. This App puts live weather info on the lockscreen. That is very much "new" in terms of Apps working "outside the box" of iOS.

I think it's funny how people who say Apple copies Android fail to see that Android copied anything from iOS.

Thanks

Did you change iPhone's recently? I got the same message when I changed my 4 to the 4S.

Quote Originally Posted by dxe View Post
    App works great - in settings you can turn off the music so battery drain is not a concern..

One thing I noticed is that I got an email from apple after the purchase:

Dear YourNameHere

Your Apple ID, myid.apple.com, was just used to purchase Lock Screen Weather from the App Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID.

If you made this purchase, you can disregard this email. It was only sent to alert you in case you did not make the purchase yourself.

If you did not make this purchase, we recommend that you go to iforgot.apple.com to change your password, then see Apple ID: Tips for protecting the security of your account for further assistance.

Regards,
    Apple

Only issue I have with this is the music... not for the battery drain but because I use the iPod/music app every day on the way too/from work if they update with the option to not have music playing I would grab it for sure

Just wait. Now apple will make this as a new feature in their next release or iphone 5 and then will pull down this app from the app store claiming their own idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    Just wait. Now apple will make this as a new feature in their next release or iphone 5 and then will pull down this app from the app store claiming their own idea.
    You make it sound like this app was the first person, company, developer, whatever to make a lockscreen weather app.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12