+ Reply
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w Updated to Version 0.9.10b3

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Here's to another great redsn0w update! We all know by now that the redsn0w 0.9.10 series is the version capable of providing us with an untethered jailbreak (compliments of pod2g
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Redsn0w Updated to Version 0.9.10b3

Here's to another great redsn0w update!

We all know by now that the redsn0w 0.9.10 series is the version capable of providing us with an untethered jailbreak (compliments of pod2g) for our iOS 5.0.1 non-A5 devices. It's one of the two methods of gaining the untethered ability – the other being the Corona untether package. Since redsn0w 0.9.10b2 was released yesterday fixing the 'launchctl' problem that caused many dependent applications not to work; IntelliScreenX and OpenSSH to name a couple, many people used it to fix the problem and were plagued with a new problem. The problem was that after running redsn0w over the already untethered jailbreak achieved by redsn0w 0.9.10b1, all of the tweaks installed on the device would disappear causing many to either reinstall all of them or restore the device and rejailbreak. Of course, this was a huge inconvenience with all of the repositories being slow and unresponsive.

To fix the issue, the iPhone-Dev team has released a new version of redsn0w dubbed redsn0w 0.9.10b3 which can be used to safely run redsn0w over the existing untethered jailbreak without removing all of your tweaks and causing a MobileSubstrate glitch. This morning, you will notice that there is a MobileSubstrate update in Cydia. The glitch from yesterday could be fixed easily by simply reinstalling MobileSubstrate after running the redsn0w overlay, but it seems impractical to have to do that. The new redsn0w will keep you from needing to that.

The iPhone-Dev team posted this on their blog to summarize the updated redsn0w:
    Update #3: The b3 version of redsn0w fixes a problem where re-running redsn0w over an existing jailbreak would cause MobileSubstrate-based apps to stop running until MS was installed again. Now you can re-run the redsn0w jailbreak step without worrying about that (but still remember to de-select the “Install Cydia” option if it’s already installed).

TIP: If auto-detection fails and redsn0w tells you no identifying data was found, you can always pre-select the appropriate 5.0.1 IPSW using “Extras->Select IPSW”.
    If you are still having repository errors when reloading, keep in mind that this isn't a jailbreak problem or a Cydia problem, the host servers are simply being overloaded by the volume of people who are jailbreaking and installing things from the repositories. This means that you won't find a jailbreak fix for it and that even tethered jailbreak users are having the problem because they work off of the same repositories as you are. The only fix for it is to wait until traffic dies down a little - I was able to get full successful reloads yesterday which means traffic is easing up.

This version of redsn0w has been dubbed safe for running over your current jailbreak. Once again jailbreakers rejoice at Apple being Pwned on their brand new operating system. Keep in mind that this jailbreak does not support the iPhone 4S or the iPad 2 yet - but soon, it will.

Here are the redsn0w 0.9.10b3 download links:
    redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for Mac
    redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for Windows

Sources: Dev-Team Blog

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

taxi2u (12-31-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just run the latest redsn0w, but ibook keeps crashing with configuration error!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by didithu View Post
    Just run the latest redsn0w, but ibook keeps crashing with configuration error!
    There are fixes for it.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

So many updates..

Thanks

+1
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Successfully ran over my 10b2 without issues. All good..

Thanks

Not really news, as we are still waiting for an A5 Jailbreak, still cant believe Pod2g concentrated on a non A5 untethered jailbreak rathar than one for the iphone 4s or ipad2....What a joke!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricroc911 View Post
    Not really news, as we are still waiting for an A5 Jailbreak, still cant believe Pod2g concentrated on a non A5 untethered jailbreak rathar than one for the iphone 4s or ipad2....What a joke!!!!
    Why don't you do it then

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puissance000 For This Useful Post:

Aerocare (12-29-2011), MYPHONEI (12-29-2011)

Thanks

So I don't have to restore and re jailbreak with this update if I installed the previous jailbreak on a fresh 5.0.1?

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes,, I have the ibooks error to on my iphone4 what to do what to do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yesterday I updated to beta 2 and I lost all my tweaks, to fix that, I reinstalled MobileSubstrate and rebooted my device.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What what a mod edit: removed (language) comment, if it's so important why dont you do it?
    Last edited by Simon; 12-29-2011 at 12:05 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcgee_jr For This Useful Post:

Aerocare (12-29-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatalcrixer View Post
    So I don't have to restore and re jailbreak with this update if I installed the previous jailbreak on a fresh 5.0.1?
    Just open redsn0w and de-select Install Cydia, you don't have to restore.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually he is "concentrating" on a A5 jailbreak, that's why he gave the A4 jailbreak to the dev team to finish up, so he could work on the A5 jailbreak.....So ungrateful.
    El Zurdo

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iLoveWindows&iPhone For This Useful Post:

Aerocare (12-29-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgee_jr View Post
    What what a mod edit: removed (language)comment, if it's so important why dont you do it?
    After the amount of donations they get???? I dont think so matey.....Most of them dev's will never have to work again...They just need to pull their finger out their mod edit: removed (language)
    Last edited by Simon; 12-29-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Lol we waited 2 months for a 4s jailbreak is another week or month really gonna hurt you that much more? When the A5 jb comes out itll be that much more appreciated hahahah

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Lolwut? You're not the only one that needs a jailbreak. Us non A5's need one too. And it's progress towards the A5 jailbreak when you think of it.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

It kinda is news... because it's a NEW version of redsn0w.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If I jailbroke from 5.01 using redsn0w b2, am I correct in thinking I wouldn't have this problem since I didn't re-jailbreak b1 using b2?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    There are fixes for it.
    no warez on MMi

SORRY MMi! Won't do it again!

There is a fix from iH8sn0w (PROPS!) in Cydia to get the latest version but I've heard it doesn't work for everyone but does for most.

YouTube is your friend...
    Last edited by iSteveO; 12-30-2011 at 10:32 PM.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast