+ Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w Updated to Version 0.9.10b3

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by david_77598modmy Hi Some One Out There !!! I have 2 iPhone4-32Gb iOS 5.0.1 Baseband 04.11.08. and 1 Baseband 04.10.01. and 1 iPhone3Gs-16Gb Baseband 05.16.05.. Before Jailbreak every
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by david_77598modmy View Post
    Hi Some One Out There !!! I have 2 iPhone4-32Gb iOS 5.0.1 Baseband 04.11.08. and 1 Baseband 04.10.01. and 1 iPhone3Gs-16Gb
    Baseband 05.16.05.. Before Jailbreak every things work fine, But affter i jailbreak some of the items not working,like ibook and newstand not worked at all,it not 1 phone but this 3 phones they all the same problems !!! i don't know what to do ???
    Some One Please Help Me !!!
    First, relax Chief. If you haven't noticed A LOT of people are having the iBooks issue. I can't tell where to get but google what repo you can iBooksfix 2 from. That worked for me for iBooks. It doesn't seem to be working for everyone though. About newstand......I don't know what to tell you, I never use it, don't have the issue, and I haven't heard of it but if you go to the forums and search it somebody might have a fix. You have to realize that this untethered exploit took a long time and I'm sure as difficult as it was there are a lot of links to be worked out. Look, redsn0w is already on b3 and that was after about 3 days of a release. The devs I'm sure are working on making the exploit as stable as they can but Apple has made it much harder so it's going to take more time. Relax. Remember, it could worse. You could have NO jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Poe, that's a gamble you know? I'm sharing how that worked for me, it's up to you to decide to give it a whirl. If it wouldn't undo a lot of work and time you put to get it where it is, I would try if iBooks is a big deal right now. That was my case and that's how it worked for me. Just saying...
    Thanks metaserph. Yes I do have a lot of time on getting my phone setup. I'm untethering my fiances i4 tomorrow and I'll see if it fixes her iBooks before I go and do all that.

I just thought about something. I hope they get animate to work for this jailbreak. I installed animate fix for 4.x and it actually works but after it boots then you get these really weird graphics lines for a bit. And the boot logo is extremely laggy.
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 12-30-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks

I have been having trouble with my iphone 4 untethered jailbreak and I hope someone can help me. I used b1 on the day it came out and yesterday I started installing all cydia tweaks and apps and halfway through after installing a tweak and restarting springboard, my phone got stuck at the black screen with the circular sign. I've tried restarting the phone, rejailbreaking, plugging it into my computer and starting itunes and nothing works and it is just stuck at the apple logo screen. after trying to put it in dfu mode I guess I did something wrong and got the itunes logo and connector screen and was able to restore it. After that everything was working fine and I jailbroke it using b3. Again, halfway through installing cydia tweaks and apps the samething happens and I'm stuck. Has this happen to anyone and is there anyway of getting out of it other than having to restore it again?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Woke up this mornin & now Safari won't open up, does anyone have this problem?

Thanks in Advance

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

Racosta. After restoring and jailbreaking and before you start installing all your tweaks, open Cydia and re-install MobileSubstrate. Respring. Reboot. Open Cydia, if there is an update for MobileSubstrate, if there is install it. Repring. Reboot.Then go on installing the stuff you want. See if that helps.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjuni View Post
    Woke up this mornin & now Safari won't open up, does anyone have this problem?

Thanks in Advance
    If you have safari download manager installed, go into mobile substrate and turn it off. Seems it doesn't cooperate with 5.0.1 right now. That's what I did when Safari wouldn't open.

Now, the problem I have is that my phone will not respring. Anytime I respring from anywhere (cydia, sbsettings, winterboard, etc) it just gets stuck and I have to hard reboot. Anyone have a clue?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I rejailbroke (sp lol)with this latest version of redsnow and by the end of all the scrolling messages, it said: couldnt find firmware after 60000 mins, giving up (or something similar) and then it rebooted jailbroken.
    How can I now know if its been jailbroken with the latest version of redsnow or its still the b1?? where can I check?

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

I noticed that my volume buttons don't work when using the camera. Anyone have this issue?

This is what I have installed on my phone.
    SBSettings
    Lockinfo
    3G unrestrictor
    Five Icon Dock
    Winterboard
    Dreamboard
    Call Bar
    Infinifolders
    Cydelete
    Compass for maps
    Super Music - which is currently turned off.
    Last edited by The Guz; 01-01-2012 at 02:37 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph
    I posted how mine got working iBooks. Run redsn0w b3 on top of the one you have. Reboot. Open Cydia, upgrade MobileSubstrate. Respring. Reboot.(Yes, first respring, THEN reboot right after). Then install a fresh copy of iBooks. Reboot. Then open iBooks, see if it works. This is how it worked for me.
    I tried this method. iBooks launches... at first. But any attempt to actually download a book from the iBook Store, and you get the "configuration error" dialog that tells you to reinstall the app. Without any books, the app is pretty useless. So, metaserph, are you actually able to download and/or sync over books, as well as open and read them with this method?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I could use some help. I have tried to jailbreak an ipod touch 4th gen and my iphone 3gs both on 5.0.1 and redsnow just stops at the exploiting with limerain stage. I have left it run for almost an hour now so any help would be great.

-------------------------------------UPDATE--------------------------------------------------------

I now tried running it on a desktop and it worked. not sure why it wouldent work on my laptop (Dell inspiron 15r) if anyone knows please tell me.
    Last edited by AndrewP15; 01-01-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: update

Thanks
    Thanked 15,189 Times in 6,972 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP15 View Post
    I could use some help. I have tried to jailbreak an ipod touch 4th gen and my iphone 3gs both on 5.0.1 and redsnow just stops at the exploiting with limerain stage. I have left it run for almost an hour now so any help would be great.
    Running redsnow on windows 7?

Thanks

I get the same configuration error but I suspect my problem is I have 2 iPhones, my iPhone 4 Jb and my iPhone 4S which is activated, my iPhone 4 is not. Not sure if this has something to do with it. Try deleting iBooks and reinstalling.
    EDIT: Google iBooks Fix for iOS5, follow it at your own risk. It works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
    I tried this method. iBooks launches... at first. But any attempt to actually download a book from the iBook Store, and you get the "configuration error" dialog that tells you to reinstall the app. Without any books, the app is pretty useless. So, metaserph, are you actually able to download and/or sync over books, as well as open and read them with this method?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Redsn0w Updated to Version 0.9.10b3-img_0006.png   Redsn0w Updated to Version 0.9.10b3-img_0005.png   Redsn0w Updated to Version 0.9.10b3-img_0004.png  
    Last edited by metaserph; 01-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

ok so I have a question, I Jailbroke my phone to computer and no longer have that computer. I downloaded Itunes on my new computer but it wont let me add music to it...and when I put manage music manually it tells me to sync my phone to my computer...Will this clear out my Jailbreak for IOS 5.0.1? and if it does will I be able to rejailbreak my phone?

Thanks

@purpose1814: Syncing iTunes does not break jailbreaks, fyi.
    @Metaserph

Thanks

@Metaserph: cool so I can sync my phone computer and all it'll do is clear out my apps & media but keep my jailbreak

Thanks

A sync just backs everything up. A restore wipes the apps and data. A sync won't hurt a jailbreak but a restore wipes the jailbreak completely. Meaning you start from scratch again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have an issue as well, not sure where else to find an answer...
    My iPod Touch 3G is currently JB tethered with redsn0w..I thought I had seen that you can run the new Redsn0w over top of the tethered to make it untethered, but everytime I run this new redsn0w, it stays tethered and gives me a message saying so as well. I UNcheck Install Cydia before I go through with it...what am I doing wrong? I'm just trying to get my tethered iPod UNtethered without having to restore. HELP!?

EDIT: I'm also only on 5.0, NOT 5.0.1, so I'm assuming I am unable to use the Corona Untether.
    Last edited by TheBaddestiPod; 01-02-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Thanks

You will have to restore to 5.0.1 I believe first.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You will have to restore to 5.0.1 I believe first.
    Ok, if that's the case, my second question is What happens if you update software on an already jailbroken device? Is that safe, or do I NEED to do a restore to update?

Thanks

update is generally ok as long as you arent experiencing problems. It will wipe anything jailbreak related though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I found an answer from other forum to fix a Cydia crash problem: if you got the add sources or when search within Cydia it crash!
    I found out Cydia crashes when it try to bring up the virtual keyboard and the other user with nickname HK360 I think he got such nickname should be because he is living in Hong Kong like me.

So I try to change the international Setting from "Hong Kong" to "United States" and Cydia can successfully bring up the keyboard to add source now!! WOO HA!