Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w Updated to Version 0.9.10b3

I didn't update from b2 to b3 but I don't want to because I already had to restore twice from this jailbreak. Not that I must restore, I don't want to risk restoring again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had JB'd with the b2 update. Everything worked fine until I used PKGBackup to reinstall my apps and tweaks. My phone kept going into Safe Mode, until I removed Backgrounder. Then everything worked fine until when I used respring on SB Settings, it going into a long looping respring, and would not come out of it. (I had to hold the power and center button at the same time for 10 seconds to come out of it. So I had to uninstall and reinstall SB Settings. Now everything seems fine. I did not reinstall Backgrounder though. All my other apps and tweaks works fine.

I just upgraded from 5.0.0 with semi-tether to 5.0.1 untethered with redsn0w b3. Everything went fine except my battery life got MUCH MUCH worse than it already was. I pulled my phone from the charger at 6pm yesterday with a 100% charge and woke up this morning at 9am with 11% remaining. There was no activity at all overnight. This sucks. Any suggestions? I already have many of the location services turned off including the infamous "setting time zone"... crap now I'm down to 5% in less than another hour of inactivity!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moveandstore View Post
    I had JB'd with the b2 update. Everything worked fine until I used PKGBackup to reinstall my apps and tweaks. My phone kept going into Safe Mode, until I removed Backgrounder. Then everything worked fine until when I used respring on SB Settings, it going into a long looping respring, and would not come out of it. (I had to hold the power and center button at the same time for 10 seconds to come out of it. So I had to uninstall and reinstall SB Settings. Now everything seems fine. I did not reinstall Backgrounder though. All my other apps and tweaks works fine.
    So it would be safe to say that backgrounder isn't iOS 5 compatible?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snarkster View Post
    I just upgraded from 5.0.0 with semi-tether to 5.0.1 untethered with redsn0w b3. Everything went fine except my battery life got MUCH MUCH worse than it already was. I pulled my phone from the charger at 6pm yesterday with a 100% charge and woke up this morning at 9am with 11% remaining. There was no activity at all overnight. This sucks. Any suggestions? I already have many of the location services turned off including the infamous "setting time zone"... crap now I'm down to 5% in less than another hour of inactivity!!!
    When you restored to 5.0.1 did you set your phone up as new or from a backup? If from a backup restore again and set up as new. Pkgbackup really causes more issues than anything. Your better off to reinstall your tweaks one by one and find the package causing the issue your having that way.

Quote Originally Posted by VerizonIphone4_help View Post
    I have a cydia problem I jailbroke with v 9.10.b1 then fresh restored to apple fireware then broke with v 9.10.b2 same issue, just did a fresh restore to apple firmware 5.0.1 and broke again using v 9.10.b3.

I still have the same problem, a blank Cydia home page, blank package pages (no description or anything, just the background) and only THREE packages in cydia when it i first open it. I CAN download and use tweaks successfully but these problems I just can't work with.

can anyone please help?!

here's the picture of the three packages that cydia has when i open it. there is usually about a dozen which i think help cydia run.

Attachment 558944

here's my cydia home page:

Attachment 558945
    Fixed my own problem

sweet moses don't ever use the restore for your iphone BEFORE you jailbreak. All i had to do to get cydia working right is fresh restore, then set up as a new iphone (not in itunes just in the iphone), then jailbreak - THEN and only THEN restore using your backup on itunes.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goofball2k View Post
    I don't have this problem with Iphone 4 and 5.0.1. Running jb'ed after using b1, then b2 over top, then b3 over top again.
    I went from stock 5.0.1 and only JB with the b3 Red Snow.

Default Thanks and Two Questions
    First of all, my thanks again to all the volunteers who contributed to this untethered jailbreak effort.

I have two questions.

I updated with the first two Redsnow versions, but not the third. I have updated corona and other items from Cydia.

Is there a reason to use the latest Redsnow update? I fear I might break something that seems to be (largely) working.

The only item not current working quite properly is....big surprise...iBooks.

I tried ibooksfix and ibooksfix2; but neither seemed to work properly for me.

What does work in a non-optimal way is to move ibook files usinig iFile to a different directory. But then one can't easily import books into iBooks using iTunes.

So I am wondering if an official fix for iBooks is coming.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Lunky; 12-30-2011 at 04:07 PM.

My answer/decline/end buttons are clear i can only see the words, anyone got any ideas???

@Lunky. I posted how mine got working iBooks. Run redsn0w b3 on top of the one you have. Reboot. Open Cydia, upgrade MobileSubstrate. Respring. Reboot.(Yes, first respring, THEN reboot right after). Then install a fresh copy of iBooks. Reboot. Then open iBooks, see if it works. This is how it worked for me.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

metaserph;

Perhaps it was because I was already up to date with mobile substrate and corona....but I can not get the latest version of redsnow to run properly. Errors are being registered (tried twice). The phone does reboot as jailbroken.

Needless to say, I tried your ideas out. But ibooks remain unhappy with its current state of affairs, even after following your procedures. But of course it is fair to point out that the latest jailbreak could not be viewed as fully successful (even though the device is in fact jailbroken).

Sorry to hear that it didn't work. I'd try delete iBooks, respring. Reboot. Then re-install iBooks, reboot. Then launch iBooks. Hope an update to the fix shows up, but mine is working. Odd.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

how do you uncheck install cydia? I cant seem to find where to uncheck it lol

Shorty, select jailbreak and after it starts the jailbreak it will come to that section, you uncheck it.
    @Metaserph

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Sorry to hear that it didn't work. I'd try delete iBooks, respring. Reboot. Then re-install iBooks, reboot. Then launch iBooks. Hope an update to the fix shows up, but mine is working. Odd.
    iBooksfix 2 worked for me but then you're obviously stuck with the ugly iOS stock iBooks icon. It doesn't change with your theme anymore because it moves it to a different directory. Btw, how has all the server traffic gotten? Is it much better? Is BigBoss running good?

Repos are running fine for me, of course the once in a while glitch. On my end, iBooks is themed.
    @Metaserph

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Repos are running fine for me, of course the once in a while glitch. On my end, iBooks is themed.
    See when I jb using b1 BigBoss wouldn't work at all but 25 min after I restored, Rejb with 0.9.9d9d tethered and then used corona and all my repos worked perfectly. So you think if I restore again and jb with b3 untethered my iBooks should work?

Thanks

I updated essentials in Cydia ...i think the update was red snow or ultra snow a few others?? Now my phone is stuck on apple logo with wheel....what happened? ughhhh

TIA

iPHONE THEMER (in training) X VINTAGE BOOMBOX COLLECTOR.

(looking for Goldline theme and mods)

Poe, that's a gamble you know? I'm sharing how that worked for me, it's up to you to decide to give it a whirl. If it wouldn't undo a lot of work and time you put to get it where it is, I would try if iBooks is a big deal right now. That was my case and that's how it worked for me. Just saying...
    @Metaserph

Hi Some One Out There !!! I have 2 iPhone4-32Gb iOS 5.0.1 Baseband 04.11.08. and 1 Baseband 04.10.01. and 1 iPhone3Gs-16Gb
    Baseband 05.16.05.. Before Jailbreak every things work fine, But affter i jailbreak some of the items not working,like ibook and newstand not worked at all,it not 1 phone but this 3 phones they all the same problems !!! i don't know what to do ???
    Some One Please Help Me !!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast