Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w Updated to Version 0.9.10b3

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The only fix right now for iBooks is a '.deb' file - and it breaks iTunes syncing. Install through SSH.

Link.
    Package Link

That link will open a package in Cydia if you have a certain repo installed. Search Google and you will find the repo.

Ok. Sorry I this was already discussed. I jailbroke with b2 last night. It was fresh. Not over any other version. Do I need to update to b3 ? If so, why? Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The only fix right now for iBooks is a '.deb' file - and it breaks iTunes syncing. Install through SSH.

Link.
    Can I run this over the 0.9.9d tethered JB?

anyone? My music appears unrecoverable...cannot see it in iFUNBOX, Xillsoft, or anything else..... I want to rejailbreak, but I want my music off there first...ideas??

I am finally trying this beta and I learned this... iPhone 4 GSM and it worked flawlessly... BUT if you install Spire after you do all this and don't have a 4S key and proxy server setup that it breaks all app store apps.

Crash report: Incident Identifier: 65E3A275-1951-4C7B-A226-AF8F074ADCFC CrashReporter Key: c7 - Pastebin.com

Going to find somewhere to post this...

There are three jb's in a row, boom boom boom, because as people use them with various tweaks and various devices many more issues appear than a few beta testers could find. We (WE) are the beta testers now. I for one am happy to do so, as I know that the devs are actively working to improve my iPhone experience, not just sitting back and resting on their laurels. And this one (c) went really easily- I had already dl'd the mobile substrate upgrade this afternoon, and just ran this. No issues at all so far, unlike b, in which I had to reinstall WinterBoard to get things working again.

Oh, and " Originally Posted by ricroc911
    After the amount of donations they get???? I dont think so matey.....Most of them dev's will never have to work again...They just need to pull their finger out their "?

I doubt that my 20 euros ($26) is going to allow anyone that kind of luxury. I'd be surprised if more than a few thousand dollars "poured into" their coffers. Even if is was 10-20K, not really f-you kind of money, is it?

Thanks

It's funny reading all the posts about the a5. This jailbreak requires limera1n (bootrom exploit) for the injection vector and pod2g exploit to untether. Now the problem with the a5 is they don't have an injection vector exploit so this jailbreak won't work without it. They need a bootrom exploit or userland injection point to use pod2g untether. The a5 jb has a long way to go yet before the public sees it. They have a5 devices jail broke but they can't distribute it because they use apple code to achieve this jailbreak.

So everyone hoping for a quick release of the a5 jailbreak it's probably not going to happen. Don't get me wrong it could happen tomorrow but by the looks of things it gonna be a while still.

I also wanted to say that this jailbreak has fewer issues than most. We on 3rd version of redsn0w and corona which is pretty good and things seem stable. I remember numerous releases that where 4th update or higher within hours due to bugs. So a couple bugs here and there and only 3 updates in 3 days. All I got to say is Good job pod2g and the rest of the dev teams. Thanks for all your hard work.

Can we stop saying "untethered for non-A5..." and just say untethered for obsoleted hardware :-)

I have now tried rejailbreaking on v.1 2 and 3 and my Cydia won't function. If I try to add a source it crashes. If I try to search for anything it crashes. Trying changes I am getting
    GPG error: http://apt.modmyi.com stable Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidensocal View Post
    Can we stop saying "untethered for non-A5..." and just say untethered for obsoleted hardware :-)
    How is an a4 obsolete? It's not that big of a jump to an a5. Theres nothing an a5 can do that an a4 can't. Think about it I'm right. To those that will say Siri an a4 can run siri just fine apple won't allow it so it's not a architecture issue but a manufacturer issue.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aznboii View Post
    Need help. I was tethered jailbroken on 5.0 and cannot restore through iTunes. All I get is error 21. I wanna do a fresh update to 5.0.1 and the untethered jailbreak. Should i update through the phone ??? Any suggestions
    It's most likely your HOSTS file. Edit it, and remove any Apple addresses. To do so: go to windows, system32, drivers, etc (I think, not in front of my computer).
    Make a copy of your HOSTS file

Open the copied hosts file by renaming it HOSTS.txt.

Delete anything with the word Apple.

Save this file as HOSTS to overwrite the original (always save a backup of original).

Try again, should fix it.
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Will this jailbreak allow me to hactivate both my iPhione 3Gs and 4 GSM models after I restore to iOS 5.0.1?

I'm waiting for beta 4. It should be out in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1........

Thanks
    hey guys in cydia how can you tell which jailbreak you have? thanks

When is the A5 jailbreak coming out

Question:: iPhone 4. Running 5.0
    I'm trying to update to 5.0.1 through my phone but it won't update; it says to connect to iTunes. But the new iTunes software is 5.0.2 ( the newer one) I'm still tethered.. Any suggestions????

really? really? 0_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsean View Post
    When is the A5 jailbreak coming out
    Quote Originally Posted by samhfoley View Post
    anyone? My music appears unrecoverable...cannot see it in iFUNBOX, Xillsoft, or anything else..... I want to rejailbreak, but I want my music off there first...ideas??
    IF you synced with iTunes before your upgrading and jailbreaking the phone, your music is saved in the iTunes library. If you didn't sync, your music was deleted from the phone with no way to retrieve. You can see your music in iTunes, the SSH clients cannot see the music in the iPhone since it was erased. After jailbreaking the phone, you need to re-sync to get the music back. If I understood you correctly...
    Last edited by metaserph; 12-29-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

What the hell....Jailbreak v. 1 was working yesterday, upgraded to v. 2 and then 3 without installing Cydiaa and things began breaking down. Now I have wiped my iphone and done a complete rejailbreak with v. 1 again and Cydia is completely worthless. Cannot add sources (crashes) cannot search (crashes) No clue. I have tried fresh installs with each version now and get the same result with Cydia. Can someone point me in the right direction...if there is one

Ever since I jb my phone none of my apps will open anymore. Anyone else havin this problem?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast