+ Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w Updated to Version 0.9.10b3

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by tony1477 i am having problems with removed , is there a problem with source? Ask them. We're not allowed to talk about piracy sources like that.
    Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tony1477 View Post
    i am having problems with removed , is there a problem with source?
    Ask them. We're not allowed to talk about piracy sources like that.
    Last edited by Simon; 12-29-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,160 Times in 6,963 Posts

Not something we can help with here as that is a known warez repo

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not something we can help with here as that is a known warez repo
    Ick. Get those warez out of here, they're starting to smell.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Repo missing
    Just go to there site and they have a temp repo up. All the new Cydia action was to much strain on the old server.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricroc911 View Post
    Not really news, as we are still waiting for an A5 Jailbreak, still cant believe Pod2g concentrated on a non A5 untethered jailbreak rathar than one for the iphone 4s or ipad2....What a joke!!!!
    Wow you're like a great example of what's wrong with the world.

Not everyone can afford the new iPhone 4S or iPad 2. Not everyone is rich like you probably are, not everyone is willing to use credit card debt to get a new device. Many people still have to settle for previous devices for several reasons. You having a newer device does not, I repeat, does NOT entitle you to any sort of priority regarding jailbreaks.

There are many reasons why jailbreaks for older devices must be done first. For instance, many developers create amazing apps and tweaks for the jailbreak community, many of these are paid which makes developing them an important source of income, maybe even their primary income. If hackers (which, need I remind you, develop jailbreaks for FREE) were to concentrate on the new, still unknown devices, there would be a LOT MORE people waiting, and a LOT LESS income for developers. If developers can get an income from their paid apps, or donations, they can continue to work on jailbreaks, apps and tweaks and not have to put a stop on that to get other office jobs.

If you need the 4S jailbreak so much, if you're such an ungrateful person, why don't you just hire your own personal hacker so you can actually be entitled to nag and pressure him for a jailbreak ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    So many updates..
    True but that is a good thing. Hopefully we will have anothe update that supports A5 devices. ;-).

On a side note---Thanks to all that continue to develop theses JB's. I hope that some of the paid app dev's hosting in Cydia are kicking you all some $kickback$...

k3u
    Thanks

My iPhone 4 is stuck on the black screen when redsn0w is jailbreaking it... it says Error, no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k3u View Post
    My iPhone 4 is stuck on the black screen when redsn0w is jailbreaking it... it says Error, no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up..
    same as for me

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Not really news, as we are still waiting for an A5 Jailbreak, still cant believe Pod2g concentrated on a non A5 untethered jailbreak rathar than one for the iphone 4s or ipad2....What a joke!!!!
    Not news for you but for many.

If you bought a device expecting a free jailbreak than that's a joke. Kinda like being upset at someone else for your own mistakes in life. Be Greatfull if and when we get one, or...

1. Learn the trade and JB it yourself,
    2. Sell the device and get something that suits ya,
    3. Invent your own device and perhaps call it "me me me selfish phone 1.1"

Just relax they are working hard and have reasons for what they do, plus try to out whit Apl at the same time.
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 12-29-2011 at 01:11 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertoc7 View Post
    Wow you're like a great example of what's wrong with the world.

Not everyone can afford the new iPhone 4S or iPad 2. Not everyone is rich like you probably are, not everyone is willing to use credit card debt to get a new device. Many people still have to settle for previous devices for several reasons. You having a newer device does not, I repeat, does NOT entitle you to any sort of priority regarding jailbreaks.

There are many reasons why jailbreaks for older devices must be done first. For instance, many developers create amazing apps and tweaks for the jailbreak community, many of these are paid which makes developing them an important source of income, maybe even their primary income. If hackers (which, need I remind you, develop jailbreaks for FREE) were to concentrate on the new, still unknown devices, there would be a LOT MORE people waiting, and a LOT LESS income for developers. If developers can get an income from their paid apps, or donations, they can continue to work on jailbreaks, apps and tweaks and not have to put a stop on that to get other office jobs.

If you need the 4S jailbreak so much, if you're such an ungrateful person, why don't you just hire your own personal hacker so you can actually be entitled to nag and pressure him for a jailbreak ?
    Well put robertoc7!! I've been waiting for this 5.0.1 untethered since 5.0.1 release, but I would never compline that it took to long or what a waste of time it was to blah, blah, blah.... I'm very grateful to all who create the Jailbreaks and continue to update them year after year! Thanks goes out to them for all there hard work as well as Thanks also to all for the information in these posts it is very handy and will help me make a hopefully seemingless updgrade to 5.0.1 from 4.0.1.

k3u
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DreamAce View Post
    same as for me
    That's weird, I just turned my phone back on and it works I don't know if I should re-run over the re-run of the b1 jailbreak. They should have just sorted out all the bugs before releasing it.

EDIT : Okay, success. I just ran the b3 update over the b1 update even though it froze the first time with an error.
    Last edited by k3u; 12-29-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks

After the amount of donations they get???? I dont think so matey.....Most of them dev's will never have to work again...They just need to pull their finger out their mod edit: removed (language)
    Your the same guy who's been abusing pod2g on his blog, yes?

Grow up and stop being an ungrateful *******.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 754 Posts

That's weird, I just turned my phone back on and it works I don't know if I should re-run over the re-run of the b1 jailbreak. They should have just sorted out all the bugs before releasing it.

EDIT : Okay, success. I just ran the b3 update over the b1 update even though it froze the first time with an error.
    Do a controlled re-jailbreak. Fully turn off the iPhone and run the redsn0w application following the screen instructions instead of entering DFU mode before-hand.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Need help. I was tethered jailbroken on 5.0 and cannot restore through iTunes. All I get is error 21. I wanna do a fresh update to 5.0.1 and the untethered jailbreak. Any suggestions

Thanks

My b1 works fine...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

everytime i encounter the error screen, it freezes on me. i'll try it agian..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Need help. I was tethered jailbroken on 5.0 and cannot restore through iTunes. All I get is error 21. I wanna do a fresh update to 5.0.1 and the untethered jailbreak. Should i update through the phone ??? Any suggestions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aznboii View Post
    Need help. I was tethered jailbroken on 5.0 and cannot restore through iTunes. All I get is error 21. I wanna do a fresh update to 5.0.1 and the untethered jailbreak. Should i update through the phone ??? Any suggestions
    back up ur iphone then do a restore and update then run redsnow. u should be fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    tried that still no luck

cant even update through settings->software update still does not work

Quote Originally Posted by DreamAce View Post
    back up ur iphone then do a restore and update then run redsnow. u should be fine.
    Last edited by aznboii; 12-29-2011 at 01:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aznboii View Post
    tried that still no luck
    check this one FIX 1013 error when restoring iPhone - YouTube

i was on 4.1 on my ip4 then had errors updating to itunes. this solved my problem..gl