Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Add iOS Notes Shortcut Icons to Your Home Screen

Default [Review] Add iOS Notes Shortcut Icons to Your Home Screen

Want to make Notes shortcut icons on your SpringBoard to remind you of stuff?

If you're an avid user of the Notes application on iOS, how often do you actually remember that you left a note for yourself there? In the introduction of iOS 5, Apple did away with that problem by introducing the Reminders application which allows you to alert yourself of something specific at a certain time - but what about if you're not on iOS 5 yet? You're left out in the dark aren't you? Well... not really - at least not anymore.

Thanks to developer Ryan Coffman you can now add shortcuts to your SpringBoard based on a note that you left yourself in the Notes application directly on your SpringBoard. The tweak is free in Cydia and it has been dubbed SBStickyNotes. When you do so, the result is the picture above. The name of the icon will be whatever your note was and the icon will be a stickypad-like picture which appears to not have support for the retina display just yet. Making a sticky note on your SpringBoard is easy:

As you can see by the red bounding box in the screenshot above, a new button is added to the Notes application which allows you to build a SpringBoard sticky note out of the note that you just left yourself in the Notes application. After you tap on that button your result will be the first image in this review. The only difference will be that the icon will be named whatever your note was instead of what mine is named. The icon will still be the same. There are some settings that you can configure:

In the Settings application you'll find the above settings for SBStickyNotes and they're really simple. One is a slider that adjusts the animation speeds of the tweak, the other lets you actually change the color of the top bar of the sticky note. After you tap on the shortcut on your SpringBoard, you'll see the top bar in whatever color you choose. In this instance, I chose to make the top bar a light blue color:

The SBStickyNotes tweak is really cool. It doesn't simply make a shortcut but it makes its own little sub-application that links back to the Notes application. You have the ability to configure the color of those sticky notes to your liking but unfortunately you can't change the color of the sticky note icons that are created. I think that this tweak has some potential and it's a pretty nifty little tweak to check out especially since it's free. It works on all iOS 5 devices and it hasn't been tested on iOS 4 or lower so let us know how it works in the comments!

Name: SBStickyNotes
    Price: FREE
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ryan Coffman (Fr0zen Sun)
    Version: 1.0
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: Ryan Coffman

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well that's pretty clever. I like it

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

I like that too, I use notes more than reminders, expecially on the iPad.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Weird, I was just wondering if someone could make a tweak like this yesterday....Thanks!

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

This is what I'm talking about! A great USEFUL tweak for free! Kudos to the dev and Anthony you are fantastic advertiser.