+ Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Redsn0w Updated to Version 0.9.10b2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by thuwun Yes there is def still something wrong with the jailbreak, or some incompatible tweaks, but my springboard now looks like it is in a permanent safe
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thuwun View Post
    Yes there is def still something wrong with the jailbreak, or some incompatible tweaks, but my springboard now looks like it is in a permanent safe mode, and most if not all my tweaks are disabled. and none of the tweaks on in the settings app anymore they have all been pushed to the springboard and are not functioning. I really don't want to restore my phone all over again so I am continuing to try and rejailbreak w redsn0w 0.9.10b2 hoping it will eventually go back to normal... or until someone figures out what is going wrong.

AGAIN: If there is nothing wrong w your phone as is. DO NOT JAILBREAK over the beta1... it may actually break your jailbreak! I will post screenshots later.
    I fear it's too late my friend... the damage is done! (You are numero 4 to the **** list )

I've just restored... I'm gonna install my IntelliScreenX and see if it works as expected (to see if the launchctl prob is at least fixed correctly)

Do'h
    do'h

Thanks

I ran corona(both updates) over my tethered 5.0.1 and I have had no issues what so ever. I feel like my phone runs smoother. Probably just in my head though. Everything works like a charm. Just my experience. I feel like most people who post are the ones with problems which might deter some noobs to the wonderful world of jail breaking iOS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after redoing the jb with the latest release all cydia plugins like Barrel etc are failing to work even after uninstallimg n re-installing
    pls help i dont wanna restore again

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have problem for this update. iphone 4g update 5.0.1 with 0.9.10b1 was without any problem. jb only without cydia, because cydia was already installed. after this update i don't have any apps from cydia and no wb. i try to reinstall wb but after reboot, nothing changed. do i something wrong. help

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    So that looks to be 3 so far that just got "done over" lol ... perhaps a "proceed with caution" should be added to the article just in case.
    AT YOUR OWN RISK .... this will Break your Jailbreak. I also did a fresh restore yesterday, because the beta1 jailbreak over the corona broke it yesterday. so if you have upgraded and are working fine. Leave it alone, until these probe get fixed.... Maybe it has to do w the new Cydia as well.

MORE TESTING IS NEEDED

and what ever you do, be sure to sync and backup before you do anything so you can get back to normal easier afterward
    "thuwun"
    iPhone'n Always
    32G iPhone 3GS 3.0
    ra1n rc1/rc2a JB

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

WARNING: ( or more of a note )

When you re-jailbreak, some apps will break .. primarily things like sbsettings, folder enhancer .. you'll just have to reinstall them

Otherwise, no problems.

Thanks

Everything messed up for me as well going from beta 1 to beta 2..
    Probably just re-installing mobilesubstrate might have fixed it, but I restored already and am doing everything again. PITA, but I can handle it.
    Anyone who doesn't feel like doing a restore again might wanna try reinstalling mobilesubstrate.
    I didn't try it, but from a quick look before restoring, I noticed everything malfunctioning was mobilesubstrate related..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WTFX For This Useful Post:

chritty (12-28-2011)

Thanks

Actually I lied.. i reinstalled sbsettings and folder enhancer, they aren't working..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WTFX View Post
    Everything messed up for me as well going from beta 1 to beta 2..
    Probably just re-installing mobilesubstrate might have fixed it, but I restored already and am doing everything again. PITA, but I can handle it.
    Anyone who doesn't feel like doing a restore again might wanna try reinstalling mobilesubstrate.
    I didn't try it, but from a quick look before restoring, I noticed everything malfunctioning was mobilesubstrate related..
    Going to try reinstalling MobileSubstrate , sbsettings, etc thru cydia and see if this fixes it. I will keep you guys posted.
    "thuwun"
    iPhone'n Always
    32G iPhone 3GS 3.0
    ra1n rc1/rc2a JB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So I think I may have found a fix for those who had redsnow 0.9.10.b1 + Corona and re-jailbroke with redsnow 0.9.10.b2 without installing Cydia

What I did is uninstalled Corona then I ran redsnow 0.9.10.b1 and DIDN'T uncheck the "Install Cydia" option.
    After that I reinstalled one my jailbroken apps (in this case was Barrel) and it reinstalled Substrate Safe Mode, Mobile Subtrate and all those other goodies.
    I hope this helps someone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I believe WTFX is right i reinstalled mobilesubstrate and things are working so far

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chritty View Post
    I believe WTFX is right i reinstalled mobilesubstrate and things are working so far
    Glad to hear I could save someone from the restore process I'm going through right now..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
    It only caused problems if you upgraded from a tethered to untethered with redsnow or the corona package. Not if you started vanilla and went straight to untethered.
    Not true i started untethered and it wasnt working right last night.
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4
    iPad2 64gb wi-fi
    iPad1 64gb/3G/wi-fi

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cjuni View Post
    Just going off of what I read from last night's article. *shrug*

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK
    This if for use after running redsn0w beta2 over beta1
    (although should work on upgrading from tethered to untethered beta1 as well)

CONFIRMED

Just go into Cydia
    Manage
    Packages
    Mobile Substrate
    Modify
    Reinstall
    Respring
    & Reboot (Strongly suggested)

And all is back to normal.... hope this helps for anyone who Jailbreak over Jailbreak!

S/O to:
    WTFX
    chritty
    oneduality
    EJB1188

This is what the community is all about!

Moderators you might want to add this as a NOTE / WARNING
    Last edited by thuwun; 12-28-2011 at 01:35 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Updated to 5.0.1 yesterday, ran redsn0w b1 and everything was great. Ran redsn0w b2 today (did not install cydia) and now my phone boots in safe mode only. Ummmmmmmm????? Help?

Green Apple
    Thanks

my imessage is also not working after this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@WTFX Much appreciated i was just about to start the restore before i saw your post

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjuni View Post
    That's what he's saying. If you didn't start from fresh it caused a couple problems. You started from untethered, hence your problems.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

QUESTION????? --- I ran redsn0w last night and then downloaded Corona 1.0-3. Should I rerun redsn0w and uninstall corona or am I good???? Thank you