+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Corona Untethered iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak: Updated to Version 1.0-3

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The Corona untether for iOS 5.0.1 gets its first and second updates tonight. Corona was the name given to the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak package that was released into Cydia
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Corona Untethered iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak: Updated to Version 1.0-3

The Corona untether for iOS 5.0.1 gets its first and second updates tonight.

Corona was the name given to the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak package that was released into Cydia this morning as we covered during its initial release. The untethered jailbreak was possible either through the use of Corona or by the new redsn0w 0.9.10b1. That's just to clarify if you didn't know what Corona was.

Apparently, as found by planetbeing, Corona broke 'launchctl' which is a dependency for a handful of applications and tweaks that you download in Cydia. This basically means that installing Corona would make launchctl stop working even though it worked perfectly fine prior to installing Corona. Launchctl is a program that manages daemons, scripts, applications, and things of that sort (yeah it's kind of important). To fix this issue, Saurik issued an update (Corona version 1.0-2) that would keep Corona from breaking launchctl so that the dependent applications and tweaks will function correctly on your device.

Additionally just a few minutes ago, Saurik pushed a second update (Corona version 1.0-3) which fixes another problem - using redsn0w 0.9.10b1 to install the untethered jailbreak (when you were already tethered) actually caused the same problem as above with launchctl breaking after the untether install. This means that redsn0w users were facing the same problem as the lazier people who simply installed the Corona untether from Cydia and left it at that. Just go into Cydia and download that update and you should be good to go.

The new version should patch the problem and make it so that launchctl dependent applications and tweaks work properly even after you install the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1. A couple of applications that require it include OpenSSH and IntelliScreenX. Corona is still in its early stages and we expect that there will still be more problems in the future - but with a dedicated jailbreak team monitoring problems, we should see those wounds mended quickly and efficiently. Keep your eyes on that changes tab for the next couple of days or weeks.

Sources: Saurik
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-27-2011 at 08:35 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dudeski's Avatar
    Thanks

And thank you, this seems to have fixed my problem with OpenSSH not working.
    Last edited by Simon; 12-28-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks

way to break the interw3bZ0rs guys. Leave it to Saurik to restore order in the galaxy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

wow planetbeing, i havent heard from him for a long time

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Perfect. Was really disappointed in the jailbreak, but it's working perfectly after this! Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrandMasterB's Avatar
    Thanks

So if we are bone stock unjailbroken right now what are we supposed to do? Use redsn0w 0.9.10b1 to jailbreak and then follow up with Corona 1.0-3 in Cydia to complete the jailbreak?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

So if I did a clean untether, this shouldn't have happened?
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Green Apple
    Thanks

iBooks is having a problem. Keeps telling me that my iPhone configuration has a problem. I know ths will get resolved in time. I appreciate the jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    So if I did a clean untether, this shouldn't have happened?
    Yeah, the article sounds to me like this only happened if:

1) You were on the Tethered Jailbreak first and then used the Corona Cydia package to untether
    2) You were on the Tethered Jailbreak firsts and then used redsn0w 0.9.10b1 (the JB released today) to untether.

Doesn't sound like it affects people who went from vanilla to untethered.

Thanks

I think I'm getting too excited. Every time I see a post about 5.0.1 I'm thinking it's about the 4s and ipad2. Gonna take a chill pill.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
    So if we are bone stock unjailbroken right now what are we supposed to do? Use redsn0w 0.9.10b1 to jailbreak and then follow up with Corona 1.0-3 in Cydia to complete the jailbreak?
    If you are completely unjailbroken then I would just use redsn0w. Corona is really for people who have the tethered jb and want to be untethered.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used redsn0w from completely unjailbroken and I still ran into a problem of pretty much nothing working. Installing corona fixed it; for me and my buddy.

Banned
    Thanks

I get constant respring. How do I fix this?

I fixed it. I rebooted 3 times and now its stopped respringing.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 12-27-2011 at 08:30 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just trying to get rid of the hybrid 50/5.0.1 redsn0w untethered jailbreak nothing I've tried works! DFU, and both 5.0 and 5.0.1 original Apple ipsw files.. I tried it normal not in DFU mode and NOTHING WORKS!

Fix this wound!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

law111, I think you need to restore to fresh 5.0.1 then run redsn0w for untethered, it should be a clean jb, if nothing else is working.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
    I'm just trying to get rid of the hybrid 50/5.0.1 redsn0w untethered jailbreak nothing I've tried works! DFU, and both 5.0 and 5.0.1 original Apple ipsw files.. I tried it normal not in DFU mode and NOTHING WORKS!

Fix this wound!
    Just do a clean restore to iOS 5.0.1 and rejailbreak.

Edit: just notice the guy above me posted the same thing. Sorry about that.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

I'm having an issue with ifile on my 3GS. Keeps crashing. Hopefully it's something fixable in a future update. Got everything else working so I'm happy for the most part!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
    I'm having an issue with ifile on my 3GS. Keeps crashing. Hopefully it's something fixable in a future update. Got everything else working so I'm happy for the most part!
    I am too on my iPhone 4 and so are others. Many people have emailed him I believe

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I can use the tethered redsnow to get the untethered break now without re downloading it?

Thanks

I went from un-jb to untethered jb and Cydia has been garbage. BibBoss repo among others won't load at all. This sucks.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast