Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Corona Untethered iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak: Updated to Version 1.0-3

my iPhone 4 and wifes iPhone 4 were Jailbreak bricked after the Corona update

had to do a fresh 5.0.1 install in iTunes and used redsn0w 0.9.10b1 to re-jailbreak.

They are 100% untethered now. So that worked 100%. Corona is/was crap. I'm guessing I got an old build and it was the issue. redsn0w has never let me down, I don't know why I decided to not use it

now to patiently wait for Cydia traffic to slow down. Neither of my phones can talk with BigBoss or any of the other servers in Cydia. They both keep timing out. Maybe later tonight?
    iPhone 4G 32 GB (2 of them)
    OS 5.0.1
    JB Utility: redsn0w 0.9.10b1

Quick question:

If we used Pwnage tool instead of Redsnow, do we still need to apply this fix? I haven't really noticed any problems yet but I'd like to get everything set up perfectly as long as Apple is signing this 5.0.1 firmware.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    5.0.1 update now while you can.
    If I ota update and boot tethered will that work because i heard other people saying it works

Also, which redsn0w would I use to boot tethered

Thanks

You can't OTA update if you're jailbroken. And I don't think booting tethered will work
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

I need to backup everything now on iexplorer. Great. I specifically didnt update for this reason and now I have to update.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean-Spiff View Post
    I was jailbroken 5.0.1 tethered and used the new redsn0W 0.9.10b1 and now half my apps won't work. iBooks, Flipboard, ModMyi (ironic, i know), and more all crash upon starting. WTH?? How do we fix this?
    do you have spire installed? if so remove it, reboot and see if that fixes the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin8677 View Post
    I have a 3GS iOS 5.0.1 jb tethered with redsnow. I ran corona yesterday & am now untethered. It was as simple as installing any app. No restore needed. Everything still works & I did the corona update this morning without issue. No problems of any kind. If you're already jailbroken tethered then there's no reason to restore & jailbreak again if you're already on 5.0.1. Just run corona, reboot with a pc & u should be good.

Correction - reboot without a pc after u install corona & u should be good
    I concur. I have an iphone 4 w tethered 5.0.1 and bb 4.10.01. I just installed Corona and rebooted without a hitch, and still have my unlock. This is the next best thing after jailbreakme. i also did the same thing with my iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by christoforo View Post
    So he fixes it yesterday and breaks it again with mobile substrate update.
    yeah, got my stuff working

saw the Mobile Substrate update

did it, and now my stuff won't work again. WTF is going on?
    iPhone 4G 32 GB (2 of them)
    OS 5.0.1
    JB Utility: redsn0w 0.9.10b1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234