Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
@pod2g has released the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak for non-A5 devices. Let that marinate for a minute. Take a deep breath. Start downloading. The long awaited untethered jailbreak for iOS...
12-27-2011, 06:54 AM #1
Untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak for Non-A5 Devices Released
@pod2g has released the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak for non-A5 devices.
Let that marinate for a minute. Take a deep breath. Start downloading.
The long awaited untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 has been highly anticipated and extensively chronicled with every little bit of news making headlines in the Jailbreak community. Recently @pod2g handed off his hard work to both the iPhone devteam and chronic devteam.
“A few days ago, @pod2g gave the untether to both the iPhone devteam and the chronic devteam. We’ve put it into redsn0w 0.9.10 and PwnageTool, and the chronic devteam put it into a Cydia package (the same set of exploits is in all three)” — iPhone devteam
- The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G
- If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! See the guides at places like iClarified.com if you don’t know how. Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
- If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
- Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether. — iPhone devteam
While an extremely large portion of the iDevice jailbreak community can finally rejoice in an untethered jailbreak, a growing portion of A5 device owners (iPhone 4S and iPad 2) still aren’t able to jailbreak their devices. Thankfully @pod2g is hard at work on an A5 device jailbreak, and as always follow @pod2g on Twitter or check his blog for updates on his progress.
Numerous ModMyi members tipped us to the release of untethered jailbreak this morning. We thank all of you for the tip.
Source: iPhone devteam
Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 12-27-2011 at 07:17 AM.
12-27-2011, 07:00 AM #2
This is great news, we await the iPhone 4s Jailbreak though! Hope we get that before new years ..
12-27-2011, 07:01 AM #3
It worked brilliantly for me! My iPod touch 4g is running faster and smoother than ever, too!
12-27-2011, 07:03 AM #4
Good to see you post it just after I sent u the "Tip"
Keep Up The Good Work!
12-27-2011, 07:04 AM #5
Thanks for the ip4 release of the unthered jb...so looking forward to the ip4s unthered jb even more tho...can't wait...keep up the good work ipod2g😄😄😄
12-27-2011, 07:05 AM #6
- Join Date
- Jun 2009
- Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
And Boom Goes the Dynamite!
12-27-2011, 07:06 AM #7
Should the A5 devices update to 5.0.1 now and get ready?
12-27-2011, 07:06 AM #8
12-27-2011, 07:06 AM #9
Thank you Pod2g and dev team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-27-2011, 07:07 AM #10
Can I do this over my tethered jailbreak or do I have to restore?
12-27-2011, 07:10 AM #11
awesome work pod2g and dev team! you guys rock!
12-27-2011, 07:13 AM #12
got me excited then thought it was for the 4s till i could see the full title lol
12-27-2011, 07:14 AM #13
I can confirm the Cydia package "Corona 5.0.1 Untether" works great, no need to re-jailbreak your tethered jailbreak. Just install and Reoot
12-27-2011, 07:15 AM #14
Awesome work, and perfect timing... Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everyone. Thanks Pod2g, MuscleNerd & Dev Team !
12-27-2011, 07:15 AM #15
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Still no way to jailbreak without going into DFU mode Jailbreakme-style? My power button is broken
12-27-2011, 07:16 AM #16
God how I envy you ip4 users. I wonder how long we 4s users have to wait.
What confuses me is that pod2g stated that the only issues he had with the A5 was with hardware caching which was resolved with dev team's help but now it seems like he doesn't have anything....I'm not complaining it's just confusing.
patience go to be ultimate virtue!!!!
I hope you ip4 users choke on your phone....j/k
Last edited by swifty7; 12-27-2011 at 07:25 AM.
12-27-2011, 07:20 AM #17
12-27-2011, 07:21 AM #18
flawless for me.
Just installed over my tethered jb, everything as it was 2 minutes ago without worrying about restarting my phone.
Big thank you to pod2g for the exploits and time put into this, and for the Chronic Dev team compiling that data and updating redsn0w to incorporate it all.
Merry Christmas, and a happy new year
12-27-2011, 07:25 AM #19
Ok so do I need to use this new version of redsn0w and then use CDT's cydia package to untether or will redsn0w take care of everything?
12-27-2011, 07:25 AM #20
Awesome! Thank you pod2g!! Your an awesome Frenchman!