Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Win A Copy of iRealSMS As A Holiday Gift

Default [Giveaway] Win A Copy of iRealSMS As A Holiday Gift

iRealSMS is a useful text messaging client that's loaded with features.

Do you think that the Messages application on the iPhone is bland? You're not alone. There have been several attempts to make a better Messages application - biteSMS being one, but today we are going to be showing you iRealSMS, an alternative Messages application that's loaded with features that stock iOS owners could only dream of having on their iPhones. It has been developed by a development group known as SpiritOfLogic and it can be found on the BigBoss repository for $12.99 (albeit right now, it's on sale for just $6.99) - that's a really good deal.

iRealSMS comes with features that you won't find in the stock iOS Messages application such as contacts' photos will appear next to their messages, conversation sorting, and quick compose options. There are also folders; which give a quick overview over incoming text messages just like with email you have all new (maybe unread) messages at one glance. Additionally, the quick compose option makes it easy to start a message, just invoke your action and start sending a message; there is also a quick reply option so that you can reply just as fast as you can compose. You can even have drafts so that if you get interrupted while typing a message, you can get back to it later without starting over.

iRealSMS comes with features that are helpful for people with bad vision - you have an option that will read the messages aloud to you similarly to the way that CallTell announces who has texted you and what they said. iRealSMS even enables the emoji keyboard natively so that you don't have to mess with any iOS settings to get them. You also have a search feature so that if you're a power user of text messaging, you can search through them to find something that you said.

iRealSMS doesn't stop there, it also comes with a template feature so that you can set up your messages in a specific way. This can be helpful if you're using text messaging for work and need to respond a certain way. If for some reason you lose service, you can forward a text message via email instead of getting an error saying that the message could not be sent. iRealSMS also comes with a ton of privacy settings. You can text message people being assured that your messages are safe and secure and that no peeping Toms can get into your messages. You can do this with a password lock for your text messages. iRealSMS even includes a character counter for your text messages so that you never write too long of a message.

Because iRealSMS has all of these breakthrough features - it's no doubt that it's a popular text messaging platform for iOS. It works with iOS 3, iOS 4, and iOS 5. It also works with iMessage. If you're skeptical about buying a $12.99 ($6.99 for a limited time) application from the Cydia store, you can try iRealSMS out with the unlimited free trial. You simply cannot go wrong with iRealSMS because it has so many features that you can make it work the way that you want it to. I've included a video at the top of this article that demonstrates some of the extensive features of iRealSMS (compliments of Christian Heusinger for sharing).

I tried iRealSMS out myself and I did feel like the extensive features were a tad overwhelming. Apple's official goal of the Messages application was simplicity - but simplicity over functionality isn't always a wise choice. Even though I felt overwhelmed by the features of iRealSMS, after just a few hours I felt like I knew exactly how to use it and I felt that I could somehow find a use for all of its extensive features. I have to say that I'm impressed with the style and abilities of this application and I have to recommend it to and iPhone power-texters. Unlike biteSMS (which puts two separate texting applications on your SpringBoard, iRealSMS replaces the Messages application completely.

Name: iRealSMS 3.0
    Price: $6.99 (usually $12.99 + unlimited free trial)
    Version: 3.0.5.1
    Developer: SpiritOfLogic
    Repo: BigBoss
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

The giveaway here is a gift from the SpiritOfLogic developer, Christian Heusinger. Let's all hand him a big thanks and wish him the best for the holidays. To be entered for a chance to win a copy of iRealSMS, leave a comment below with at least five complete sentences explaining why you think that you deserve to win a copy of iRealSMS and leave your Cydia number in the end of the comment. The funnier you are - the more likely you are to win. The ones who stand out the most have the best chance of winning.

We are giving away 20 copies of iRealSMS and winners will be announced on December 27.

Sources: Christian Heusinger
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-24-2011 at 08:40 PM.

That sounds cool - tnx guys

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 767 Posts

I think I should win a copy as I would love to try this app out it looks great and it would be a nice Christmas present from you

Merry Christmas

1. The way i communicate the most is texting need a good app to text with and I'm such a cool person that i deserve to communicate better with a $13 tweak app.
    2. I'm sick of Apples crappy messaging app I want something that can handle texts better i paid $200 to have a cool device that doesn't have 4G network.
    3. Since I text so much I need a quick way to text and reply faster since I get soo many texts from the 2 most important people in my life my parents.
    4. I am an amazing person I deserve to have a fast way to text and reply faster since I live at home with my parents (I'm 21).
    5. I appreciate developers ways on how to improve Apples iOS anyway that a dev can change or make better I install it and make it run on my phone I lately have been paying for all my tweaks love to support developers I need this tweak since my life is so boring living at home and being a single sibling i need something to cheer me up this Christmas.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 767 Posts

I think I should win a copy as I would love to try this app out it looks great and it would be a nice Christmas present from you

Merry Christmas

Thanks

This giveaway is the real deal!!!

I actually just downloaded this. Seems great so far. Might be purchasing it... That is if I don't win it.

Thanks

I need iRealSMS because:

1) The tweak is super awesome, just like the developer (Christian Heusinger)!!!

2) I need to text Christian Heusinger about how amazing his tweak is and how it improves my life every day!

3) I need to make sure Mr. Claus gets my last minute wish-list!

4) Apple won't give me a copy, even though I sued for one!!!

5) I need to make my friend jealous enough so he will try (and fail) to jailbreak his iPhone 4S!!!

6) I need a signature to wish everyone at ModMyi, users and writers and developers alike, a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and a Happy New Year!!!

7) I need to stop the Grinch, who took all my money, so I can't buy the tweak right now!!! Evil Grinch: naughty list is the only place for him.

8) I will finally be able to do something better than Siri!!!

9) It's my birthday in 5 days, and I am turning 14 and a half!!!

10) I can make a better puppy-eye face than a puppy!!!

Cydia number: 1309240

Last edited by *T*; 12-24-2011 at 07:58 PM.

I hate the default messaging app. I tried the trial version out and fell in love with iRealSMS but the ads got very annoying so I had to switch back to the default. Most of my friends have phones that have a set standard for emoticons which iOS doesn't support, but iRealSMS does and I think it's a fantastic feature. I love everything about iRealSMS but I don't want to spend 13 bucks on it ( I suppose it is 7 right now but it is still pricey). Overall iRealSMS blows Messaging.app out of the water. I would really like this. Cydia #2898965

1. My username is frogpocalypse, and this should be reason enough.
    2. When I was a child of three, my goal in life was to get free stuff.
    3. By giving me free stuff, you are helping out a three-year-old.
    4. You don't hate three-year-olds do you?
    5. That's right, you're a good person who doesn't hate three-year-olds.

Cydia #1795360

Dear Internet and more specifically spiritoflogic developers,

My tale is one of misadventure, revenge, vindication and redemption. The misadventure began when text messaging first arrived as an option with the influx of "cellular" telephones. For about 2 years I thought that the commonplace correspondence form of the letter had been merely renamed. People would mention text messaging one another, and I smiled knowing the struggling post office would be back on its feet in no time. Much to my chagrin I later discovered I had been out of the loop for many years and promptly discovered that this message comprised of text was actually digital in nature! (I did however write a lengthy analog text message to all major telecom companies to scold them for not properly labelling this new form of text messaging 'digital' text messaging. You may be thinking to yourself, what a lovely story, now I will move on to another internet web based site, but wait there is more as my adventure had only just begun. The very first digital text message, or didge as I encourage you all to call them, was glorious. A friend showed me that with a mere colon and bracket I could express emotions in a way only Arthur C. Clarke could have conceived of. Frowny faces, happy faces, expressionless faces, I wore my emotions on my digital sleeve, until one day, heartbreak befell me. I received my text messaging bill last Christmas (they had saved up my bills for over a year for some reason, which luckily means I do not have to go back and rewrite the initial part of my tale), and my Christmas turned from one of joy to one of toy-less despair, as my 8 children went present-less less because dear old pop had blown his wages on cheap didge based thrills. An intervention was held 3 weeks later, after my wonderful and supportive wife found me didging down in the wine cellar later one night (yes, I agree I did not expect me to have a wine cellar since I am so impoverished, but just so you know, it is in fact empty). The next morning when I came downstairs, my phone was in the centre of our family den, and all of my closest friends and family were there. I immediatly welled up with emotions I could only express via didge, and reached for my phone to text them all individually (if only someone thought of a way to do group didging). Just then, I was told my didging plan had been terminated, I now held in my hand a telephone so similar to the one in my kitchen it made my knees buckle. When I came too, my friends and family sent me off to a rehabilitation centre with some very nice people who spent hours with me learning how to smile, frown, laugh and cry all over again. Once I smiled, it all came rushing back, the rest came more and more easily until finally I released a belly laugh so jovial Sinter Klaus would have been proud (topical). I returned to my family, having vanquished the demon that had cost myself and my family so dearly. What is that? Revenge, ah yes I did mention that. Well let's just say that if a certain CEO of my cellular telephone company happens to dine at the Denny's near my house in booth 13, and he happens to want to put sugar in his coffee, he will be getting an overly sweet surprise. (I don't know if you get it but I loosened the lid of the sugar so a copious amount of sugar would go in his coffee) (That is bad because it would probably ruin his coffee, but I would have the last laugh).

All in all, I hope my tale can help others, but I shared it with you all here today because I was told by rehab, and the world, that the only way I would ever be able to didge again was if someone developed an app that allowed one to perform this function free of charge, and then here on Christmas Eve I find such an amazing app as iRealSMS with so many features even Shakespeare would give up regular text messaging (which you recall is letters).

Cheerio!

Let me start off by saying these young wipper snappers can get a job and buy one.. I am to damn old to get another job and start over..
    You gotta show some love for us old timers that have spent a lifetime trying to get back into the app we were in to answer a text *well it seemed like a lifetime*
    I was going to say a lot more here but a damn text just came in...
    So how bout it,,,

Oh, and I dare say I forgot my cydia number: 1109975

1. it is easy to use!!!
    2. tones of features!!!
    3. it is not a copy cat application!!!
    4. this application set standard for sms!!!
    5. the developer is generous!!! THANK YOU

Can I send international text with this ?

I would love to have that iReal SMS. I hate the default sms software.
    Happy Christmas.......
    Hoping to get a free copy of the software...
    fsd

Hey guys I just wanted to say that I am amazed by the thouht and time put into this, everything is fluid and simple yet has amazing functionality. I'm using the trial of it right now, I love the fact I can stop my messages from sending, which is extremly useful. Anyhow marry Christmas guys, Keep up the amazing work!

Cydia account #3035173

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frogpocalypse View Post
    1. My username is frogpocalypse, and this should be reason enough.
    2. When I was a child of three, my goal in life was to get free stuff.
    3. By giving me free stuff, you are helping out a three-year-old.
    4. You don't hate three-year-olds do you?
    5. That's right, you're a good person who doesn't hate three-year-olds.

Cydia #1795360
    I think we found ourselves a winner.... Not.

Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by John1177 View Post
    Let me start off by saying these young wipper snappers can get a job and buy one.. I am to damn old to get another job and start over..
    You gotta show some love for us old timers that have spent a lifetime trying to get back into the app we were in to answer a text *well it seemed like a lifetime*
    I was going to say a lot more here but a damn text just came in...
    So how bout it,,,
    Lol!! You did not just say wippersnappers!!! Hilarious bro

1.This is one reason I should have iRealSMS.
    2.This is another reason I should have iRealSMS.
    3.This is another reason I should have iRealSMS.
    4.This is another reason I should have iRealSMS.
    5.This is another reason I should have iRealSMS.
    !!!!ta da!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast