+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add Action Movie FX to Your iDevice Videos With "Action Movie FX" App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Add Action Movie FX to Your iDevice Videos With "Action Movie FX" App

Do the videos of your pets doing dumb things, your friends doing dumb/drunk things, and other miscellaneous on your iDevice need a little spice? J.J. Abrams and Bad Robot Interactive have the solution: Action Movie FX.

Action Movie FX is a simple app designed to ad pre-composed ďAction Movie FXĒ to movies you shoot on your iDevice. The App comes with two free FX allowing users to simulate a missile attack, and car crash. Users can purchase additional FX via in-app purchases for $.99.

This is not a visual effects compositing program that allows users to create their own FX from scratch, but it does offer some insanely entertaining results. Currently, the only downside is the limited number of FX, and in order to add FX to videos, they must be shot from within the Action Movie FX app. Users cannot import footage they already shot outside the app on their iPhone.

Limitations aside, the Action Movie FX app provides a quick, effective, and fun way to add pre-canned action movie special effects to videos shot on iDevices. Donít expect to recreate Super 8 or Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (which prompted the apps release), but with a little planning Action Movie FX is a solid addition to your iDevice movie arsenal.

Plus itís free.

Source: iDownloadBlog

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

At first, I was like BORING...then I was like AWESOME!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Best app ever for make movies.

Thanks

Got this app this morning. Awesome stuff! Here's a couple clips I shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzy7j...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z0-L...e_gdata_player

Thanks

It just crashes every time.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Lol this app is too fun. Definitely worth the $2 for the other 4 scenes!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Got it, love it! HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE
    Last edited by Simon; 12-25-2011 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harryafc View Post
    I'm not sure if that's meant to provoke a fight or if it's just a joke. Not that I'm going to engage in the fight either way.

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    At first, I was like BORING...then I was like AWESOME!
    Haha, the old setup then the pay off.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harryafc View Post

[l]
    What's wrong with you bro, if that was a Christian doing that stupid sh** towards the Muslim religion we would have people burning buildings or better yet beheading people. Only a 12 yr. old would post something like this and not something I care to see while visiting a tech forum.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

what's the point of this stupid app that crashes all the time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

Ohh, Christians getting upset because someone disrespected their invisible friend!

I for one found the Jesus bombing video hilarious.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,839 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    what's the point of this stupid app that crashes all the time.
    It's just entertaining. Mine doesn't crash at all, but I'm also on a 4s with twice the processing power

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I fail to get why people are being so childish about a Christmas greeting .. I myself am an Atheist but I could care less if someone gives a holiday greeting for whatever religion they may be .. I either ignore it or say thank you out of kindness and respect.... the backlash is quite childish rather stupid IMHO

As for the App itself ... it crashes for me all the time running 5.0 on an ipod 4g ..

I might add however that Jesus is a recognized figure in Christianity, Islam and Judaism .. he just means something different in each.. to me I'm not even sure he existed as a man, but still ..
    Last edited by oneduality; 12-25-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    I fail to get why people are being so childish about a Christmas greeting .. I myself am an Atheist but I could care less if someone gives a holiday greeting for whatever religion they may be .. I either ignore it or say thank you out of kindness and respect.... the backlash is quite childish rather stupid IMHO
    What happened is he posted other stuff that got edited out by the moderators after we responded to it. I myself was simply saying that what he posted would probably be inflammatory, and it was.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    What happened is he posted other stuff that got edited out by the moderators after we responded to it. I myself was simply saying that what he posted would probably be inflammatory, and it was.
    Please accept with no obligation, implied or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious or secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2012, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country, nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. This wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wishee.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    Please accept with no obligation, implied or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious or secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2012, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country, nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. This wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wishee.
    How can something be made greater without causing an unequal balance of greatness?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post

That certainly makes more sense.. my apologies jumping in after the fact!

Anyone else experiencing these constant crashes? I was hopeful that 5.0.1 would fix it, I upgraded today since the un-tether came out but the action movie app still dies on me constantly which is a bummer.

FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING APP CRASHES... I just "solved" it on my iPod 4g .. I merely sprung into safe mode! even though I have nothing loaded on my device yet since I just loaded 5.0.1 there's something it doesn't like ..

In safe mode I can run all the scenes and save out the effects.. only a minor inconvenience if you ask me
    Last edited by oneduality; 12-27-2011 at 04:57 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to oneduality For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (12-27-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    That certainly makes more sense.. my apologies jumping in after the fact!

Anyone else experiencing these constant crashes? I was hopeful that 5.0.1 would fix it, I upgraded today since the un-tether came out but the action movie app still dies on me constantly which is a bummer.

FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING APP CRASHES... I just "solved" it on my iPod 4g .. I merely sprung into safe mode! even though I have nothing loaded on my device yet since I just loaded 5.0.1 there's something it doesn't like ..

In safe mode I can run all the scenes and save out the effects.. only a minor inconvenience if you ask me
    It's ok, it did appear to be what you thought it was. Thanks for the app tip!