Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Never Forget to Charge Your iDevice Again

Default [Review] Never Forget to Charge Your iDevice Again

Never forget to charge again.

Are you the kind of person that let's your iDevice run until it dies? Do you ever regret doing that because you wish that you had charged it? Maybe this tweak is just what you need in order to get your iDevice usage habits in order. The tweak is free in Cydia as of late and has been dubbed DontForget by the developer thekirbylover. The tweak aims to make sure that you plug in your iDevice when the battery gets low and it will make sure that you do it or else it will keep bugging you with an annoying message that won't go away until you plug it in.

When your iDevice reaches 2% of its battery life, the tweak kicks in. You will get a message that shows, "Low Battery 2% of battery remaining" and it simply won't go away until you plug in your iDevice. There is no way to dismiss the message, there is no way to get around it. If you reboot your iDevice - you'll simply get plagued with it again until you plug your device in to charge it. While this is a very annoying way to get your attention, it will certainly make sure that you charge your iDevice and it will make you think twice about forgetting you charge it. Because it makes your iDevice unusable until you plug it in, it will help keep you from making the device die quicker since you will be unable to use the functions of the device while the message is displaying. The message looks like the image below:

If you're the faint of heart or the easily angered, this tweak is not for you. If you forget your charger and you end up with this message, you're S.O.L. because the message won't go away until you plug in the device. While useful if you want to be reminded, this could potentially serve as a security risk because you won't be able to use the phone to call for help if you have a problem and are running low on battery. This is something to keep in mind. Since the message is not dismissible without plugging in the device, if you're on the go and get an email or text message, you won't have the ability to respond to those either.

Since the tweak does a good job of doing what it says it does, I'm giving it a good rating. But the dangers of not being able to use your phone, or the aggravation that it could bring to you, are completely of your own responsibility. It's ultimately your choice if you want to do something this extreme or drastic to remind yourself to plug in your iDevice, but for some, this might be exactly what you need to remember.

Name: DontForget
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.1-2
    Repo: Modmyi
    Developer: thekirbylover
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

What do you think about an obnoxious little tweak like this? Share in the comments!

Sources Cydia
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-23-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks for reviewing

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    While useful if you want to be reminded, this could potentially serve as a security risk because you won't be able to use the phone to call for help if you have a problem and are running low on battery.
    Never thought of that - I'll see what I can do about it.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Yet another pointless tweak, it would be better to actually shut off the iPhone at 3% and so you have 3% left for emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Yet another pointless tweak, it would be better to actually shut off the iPhone at 3% and so you have 3% left for emergencies.

That is even more pointless as 3% isn't enough to boot the device. Usually people are angered when their phone shut off due to low battery (0%) and then it takes them a couple of minutes to start the phone because it needs to hold at least 5% in order to boot up..

it would be better that it goes back to sleep mode and will only allow in/out going calls and texts for emergency

I can't make apps so great job...... Not sure if I will ever need it but great job.

I however think if you can't remember to charge your phone you probably shouldn't have a phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I think it great for those of us on Tethered JB's. This isn't "useless" at all. I already installed it on my fiances phone because even though I've told her a MILLION times not to let the battery die on her phone (because she convinced me to put a tethered JB on her phone) she always does (always playing monopoly). Then expects me to be able to boot tether it from across the city of Chicago. She refuses to learn how to do it herself.

Btw MetallicaFan1991, what tweaks have you released? I'd like to check them out. You obviously must have some great ones since you're so quick to trash others' hard work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I think it great for those of us on Tethered JB's. This isn't "useless" at all. I already installed it on my fiances phone because even though I've told her a MILLION times not to let the battery die on her phone (because she convinced me to put a tethered JB on her phone) she always does (always playing monopoly). Then expects me to be able to boot tether it from across the city of Chicago. She refuses to learn how to do it herself.

Btw MetallicaFan1991, what tweaks have you released? I'd like to check them out. You obviously must have some great ones since you're so quick to trash others' hard work.
    Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

I am on a tethered JB as well and have experienced weird, dramatic overnight battery drops in the last week that make me wish I had something more than Apple's silent reminder which was promptly ignored since I was asleep. I woke to a powered off iPhone that needed to be booted tethered before leaving for work and THEN I had to fix the 1/4 screen issue as well. Basically a pain the ***. This tweak might not come with sound but I think it's a great start and I hope to see it updated with more features (like being able to set the percentage of battery left before the notifications start).

Kudos to the developer!

Added to my don't install list

This tweak is nice but I want someone to come out with a tweak where a 20% battery alert shows up once instead of like 5 times until you charge your device.

Thanks

Nice little tweak

Recharge it under 20%, is it a good ideal?