+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5.0.1 Begins Showing Up In Cydia SHSH List

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by DnBKiD521 No offense Anthony, u post good articles most of the time but this one is crap. I noticed the shsh for 5.0.1 In Cydia yesterday and
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DnBKiD521 View Post
    No offense Anthony, u post good articles most of the time but this one is crap. I noticed the shsh for 5.0.1 In Cydia yesterday and opened this article thinking u actuall had some real news on what this meant for us "users". But it doesn't. It's a case of "premature reportalation" lmao. Please don't take offense to this. I'm not ripping on you but u could've gathered a few more details before posting this. I'm sure most of us don't know any more info than what we knew before we read it. I, myself appreciate all of you guys at modmyi and the hard work u do for us. Please find out what's up with the blobs and let us know in a post
    Well the problem is - we don't know why it's up now. But, we're working to find out why and I'm sure that there are a number of people who would have liked to know that Cydia was caching their iOS 5 SHSH blobs a while.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Well the problem is - we don't know why it's up now. But, we're working to find out why and I'm sure that there are a number of people who would have liked to know that Cydia was caching their iOS 5 SHSH blobs a while.
    But we still don't know what it means for us, if our aptickets are saved on saurik's servers or what? So it's useless to us right now until we hear from the man himself.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

I don't get this mentality of expecting that every news release HAS to be earth-shaking. Is every Tweet life-changing, every FB, G+ whatever your social circle consist of relevant all the time? They are informative snippets for those who want or need them. If it's irrelevant to you, pass right along to your topic of interest. Simple.
    On the Cydia note, perhaps we give credit to Saurik who does know what's involved in forward migration infrastructure development and the coders who are working on jailbreaks for the icommunity, without the general public's (us) interference.." are we jailbroke yet?...huh?...". But I digress...
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    I don't get this mentality of expecting that every news release HAS to be earth-shaking. Is every Tweet life-changing, every FB, G+ whatever your social circle consist of relevant all the time? They are informative snippets for those who want or need them. If it's irrelevant to you, pass right along to your topic of interest. Simple.
    On the Cydia note, perhaps we give credit to Saurik who does know what's involved in forward migration infrastructure development and the coders who are working on jailbreaks for the icommunity, without the general public's (us) interference.." are we jailbroke yet?...huh?...". But I digress...
    I agree.. But sigh.. U missed my point sir. I'll leave it alone now. And wait for another post

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

Dn, I get you bro. My point is, not everyone is informed or uninformed. But I do get you and valid point mate.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

Since my 4S isn't jailbroken I didn't know about this, few days ago I was using redsn0w to submit my niece's iPhone 4 5.0.1 blobs and it was giving me an error, since I don't have the iPhone 4 here I can't see if it's showing up or not , some people are aware and some others no and that is this website for, if you knew it and this article isn't news for you just skip it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mysterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Noticed iOS SHSH 5.0.1 on my iPhone 4 recently. Was like wtf?
    iPhone 4 Verizon

Untethered jailbroken w/ Sn0wbreeze

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I say good post Anthony! I dont go on cydia too much, only when i hear about a good new tweak so this is news to me, i watch MMI everyday, love to see all the IDevice/Tech news! Good work to you and all the other MMI news reporters! As for the cydia 5.0.1 SHSH blobs, i will take it! I have issues getting tinyumbrella to work right haha

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12