+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 9 in 10 Mobile Purchases Originate from iDevices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default 9 in 10 Mobile Purchases Originate from iDevices

Apple's iDevice line is certainly doing its part to stimulate the economy. That's according to a new report from retail analysis firm RichRelevance.

Despite enduring a four year lul, eCommerce has picked up the slack and returned to levels of consumer engagement not seen since prior to the 2008 global economic meltdown. In fact, comScore data shows that of the seven days in the last ten years where eCommerce has generated beter than $1 billion in revenue in a single day, six of those seven days have taken place this holiday shopping season.

And from the looks of it, iPads and iPhones are dominating mobile shopping. Apple mobile devices account for the bulk of all online non-desktop sales. Just over 92% of the sales originated from an iPad or an iOS-enabled device in December 2011, up from 88 percent in April, RichRelevance reports.

“The numbers across our retailing partners sites demonstrate just how powerful the iOS platform is enabling mobile web shopping and, while still below 5 percent in total conversion, mobile traffic’s doubling in eight months is a trend we only see accelerating,” said David Selinger, CEO of RichRelevance. “In order to succeed in this dynamic market, retailers and brands must ensure they are addressing relevance throughout the channels where people are shopping, ensuring a seamless experience across the interplay of device, context and consumer behavior.”

The findsings presented in the above study are based on more than 3.4 billion online shopping sessions, specifically those taking place between April 1, 2011 and December 18, 2011 on the web sites of US online retailers.

Source: RichRelevance

What's Jailbreak? HereToTrollolol's Avatar
    Thanks
    *better

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heretotrollolol View Post
    *better
    lmfao

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Own3d View Post
    lmfao
    How is that even funny?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well I can see why more people buy things from iDevices. The prices of games and other software on other phones are expensive and not worth it. On my gravity 2 phone, the tetris game is $7. WTF!!!

What's Jailbreak? HereToTrollolol's Avatar
    Thanks
    I forgot *findings*

Is it firm or from? And also lul? Is it suppose to be low.

*,and*
    Last edited by HereToTrollolol; 12-23-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    How is that even funny?
    +1
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Any purchase I make while moving could be considered mobile...do laptops count, likely not but they are made to be mobile. Also if apps count as a mobile purchase well no ****, what android user do you know that pays for anything?

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    How is that even funny?
    eCommerce has generated beter than $1 billion in revenue
    It Takes One To Know One

Banned
    Thanks

the reason why 9 out of 10 purchases are on iDevices is because on other platforms the exact same thing is FREE and free isn't classed as a purchase as you didn't pay anything.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrandMasterB's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    the reason why 9 out of 10 purchases are on iDevices is because on other platforms the exact same thing is FREE and free isn't classed as a purchase as you didn't pay anything.
    If you appear to dislike iOS so much then why do you waste your time posting on ModMyi so often? Can you please provide some specific examples to support your statements?
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 12-23-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Whatever you say man... there are actually quite a bit free versions of many apps and there are also many apps that go on sale for free every damn day. Big difference here is most people who buy an iOS device aren't cheap as fukc... but besides that most of the time when you buy a program on a iOS device it come with many updates and usually it's very polished... I don't mind spending money to back something like that.

Here is a great example... on my Mac I use to use a program called "Carbon Copy Cloner" it was just a disk imaging program that could make a perfect copy of a disk while you were booting into the same installation of OSX... It was a free program and had some ad banners under the progress bar. The guy also had an option to donate and remove the ads, well guess what even though the ads were not obstructive or there was no benefit to paying to get rid of them, I still paid.

BTW I notice Android users tend to be angry a lot...