+ Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 9 in 10 Mobile Purchases Originate from iDevices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,685
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

    Default 9 in 10 Mobile Purchases Originate from iDevices


    Apple's iDevice line is certainly doing its part to stimulate the economy. That's according to a new report from retail analysis firm RichRelevance.

    Despite enduring a four year lul, eCommerce has picked up the slack and returned to levels of consumer engagement not seen since prior to the 2008 global economic meltdown. In fact, comScore data shows that of the seven days in the last ten years where eCommerce has generated beter than $1 billion in revenue in a single day, six of those seven days have taken place this holiday shopping season.

    And from the looks of it, iPads and iPhones are dominating mobile shopping. Apple mobile devices account for the bulk of all online non-desktop sales. Just over 92% of the sales originated from an iPad or an iOS-enabled device in December 2011, up from 88 percent in April, RichRelevance reports.

    “The numbers across our retailing partners sites demonstrate just how powerful the iOS platform is enabling mobile web shopping and, while still below 5 percent in total conversion, mobile traffic’s doubling in eight months is a trend we only see accelerating,” said David Selinger, CEO of RichRelevance. “In order to succeed in this dynamic market, retailers and brands must ensure they are addressing relevance throughout the channels where people are shopping, ensuring a seamless experience across the interplay of device, context and consumer behavior.”

    The findsings presented in the above study are based on more than 3.4 billion online shopping sessions, specifically those taking place between April 1, 2011 and December 18, 2011 on the web sites of US online retailers.

    Source: RichRelevance

  2. #2
    What's Jailbreak? HereToTrollolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    *better

  3. #3
    Green Apple Own3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by heretotrollolol View Post
    *better
    lmfao

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Own3d View Post
    lmfao
    How is that even funny?

  5. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    762
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Well I can see why more people buy things from iDevices. The prices of games and other software on other phones are expensive and not worth it. On my gravity 2 phone, the tetris game is $7. WTF!!!

  6. #6
    What's Jailbreak? HereToTrollolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I forgot *findings*

    Is it firm or from? And also lul? Is it suppose to be low.

    *,and*
    Last edited by HereToTrollolol; 12-23-2011 at 05:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life celeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    5,831
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 340 Times in 323 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    How is that even funny?
    +1
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

    New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    149
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Any purchase I make while moving could be considered mobile...do laptops count, likely not but they are made to be mobile. Also if apps count as a mobile purchase well no ****, what android user do you know that pays for anything?

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    How is that even funny?
    eCommerce has generated beter than $1 billion in revenue
    It Takes One To Know One

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    the reason why 9 out of 10 purchases are on iDevices is because on other platforms the exact same thing is FREE and free isn't classed as a purchase as you didn't pay anything.

  11. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GrandMasterB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yewwwwtah!
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    the reason why 9 out of 10 purchases are on iDevices is because on other platforms the exact same thing is FREE and free isn't classed as a purchase as you didn't pay anything.
    If you appear to dislike iOS so much then why do you waste your time posting on ModMyi so often? Can you please provide some specific examples to support your statements?
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 12-23-2011 at 10:21 PM.

  12. #12
    iPhoneaholic Norb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mountain View, California
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 51 Times in 31 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    the reason why 9 out of 10 purchases are on iDevices is because on other platforms the exact same thing is FREE and free isn't classed as a purchase as you didn't pay anything.
    Whatever you say man... there are actually quite a bit free versions of many apps and there are also many apps that go on sale for free every damn day. Big difference here is most people who buy an iOS device aren't cheap as fukc... but besides that most of the time when you buy a program on a iOS device it come with many updates and usually it's very polished... I don't mind spending money to back something like that.

    Here is a great example... on my Mac I use to use a program called "Carbon Copy Cloner" it was just a disk imaging program that could make a perfect copy of a disk while you were booting into the same installation of OSX... It was a free program and had some ad banners under the progress bar. The guy also had an option to donate and remove the ads, well guess what even though the ads were not obstructive or there was no benefit to paying to get rid of them, I still paid.

    BTW I notice Android users tend to be angry a lot...

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts