+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacker i0n1c Taunts An iOS 4.3.5 Untethered Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Was i0n1c joking or not joking? That... is the question. There are many people who have still not upgraded to iOS 5 because they are stubborn and want to wait
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default Hacker i0n1c Taunts An iOS 4.3.5 Untethered Jailbreak

Was i0n1c joking or not joking? That... is the question.

There are many people who have still not upgraded to iOS 5 because they are stubborn and want to wait for the untethered jailbreak that pod2g and the Chronic Dev Team have been working on. Some of those people are running iOS 4.3.5, which doesn't have an untethered jailbreak because iOS 4.3.3 was the last untethered jailbreak made. For those people - we have some possible humor (or maybe a serious concept) to share with you. iOS hacker and security expert, i0n1c, said that he will be working on an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.5.

We in the jailbreak community have found that i0n1c can sometimes be very sarcastic - many times he is simply misunderstood. While it really wouldn't make sense to release an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.5 with an iOS 5 untethered jailbreak underway, i0n1c appears to have polled all of his followers in what they thought about an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.5. Most of them were negative comments - so of course, i0n1c was the first one to say that he would do it. No one really knows if he was serious or not - but chances are that it would seem like a waste of time and it won't ever surface.

Since iOS 5 has so many more features than iOS 4, any jailbreakers that would choose iOS 4.3.5 overs iOS 5 right now would be making an insane decision. All of the devices capable of running iOS 4.3.5 right now are capable of running iOS 5. With that in mind, even if i0n1c does release an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.5, we suggest that it would be a better option to update to iOS 5.0.1 and use the Chronic Dev Team's untethered jailbreak for iOS 5. This way you get the most amount of features from iOS and the most jailbreak tweak support as possible on your iDevice while developers continue to update tweak support for iOS 5 and drop support for older versions.

While the whole tweet was probably a joke, we don't recommend taking what i0n1c says about it in vein. If he ever does release an iOS 4.3.5 jailbreak, we will let you know about it and you can make your decision from there. For now, save your iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 SHSH blobs and APtickets so that you have a way to get back to iOS 5.0 or iOS 5.0.1 if need be.

Are you the kind of jailbreaker that would take an iOS 4.3.5 untethered jailbreak over an iOS 5 untethered jailbreak? Share in the comments...

Sources: i0n1c

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope could care less about that. I'm waiting for the 5.0.1 jb on my iPhone 4 and 4s. This post so made me think it was released but guess not. :-/

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spooneditr View Post
    Nope could care less about that. I'm waiting for the 5.0.1 jb on my iPhone 4 and 4s. This post so made me think it was released but guess not. :-/
    Same here.

Thanks

"use the Chronic Dev Team's untethered jailbreak"

They haven't released on yet for 5.x.

Thanks

Ehhh ionic is always talking crap.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dear ! i0n1c i personly just forget the 4.3.5 untethered and try focus to the current new one !!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would only be useful if the 5.0.1 jailbreak wasn't followed by an unlock for iPhone 4, or pwnage tool

Green Apple
    Thanks

Slow news day..

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting....He can just cook up an untethered explot just like that? It would have been a lot better for him to do this when everyone was still on 4.3.5......I'm thinking it may have just been a joke.. But who knows...

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Would rather be on 3.1.3 on the new A5 chip. Would run like a japanese bullet train, never have issues.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post

What's your point? You only quoted a fraction of the sentence and mislead it.

Thanks

well i think this is pointless since 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak is very close. or at least i hope its close to being done.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default whaaaaat heck yeah tht would be awsome
    Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post

OK i have no idea why there are so many negative comments from everyone about jailbreaking the 4.3.5 firmware. alot of people just like my self bought an ipad 2 on firmware 4.3.5 and are now stuck and have the choice to either update to ios 5 and join the crowd on waiting for a dam near impossible jailbreak for it ,or stay where they are meaning to sit and wait to see if someone will even consider jailbreaking the old but much needed firmware of 4.3.5! this by any means would NOT be a "pointless" jailbreak because as the article states, THERE are alot of people sitting,waiting on 4.3.5! waiting for ANYTHING to happen that will get there device jailbroken Soon! ios 5 could take forever as it has been (for a5 devices) agin in my case an ipad 2. either way it goes this jailbreak could REALY clean up on unjailbroken people. (on ipad 2's running 4.3.5 atleast!!)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why Don't Focus on A5 !!! Let For get the old version !!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theroyalwe View Post
    Slow news day..
    +1

Thanks

He saw pod2g is getting all the attention...So he's just trying to get some attention for hinself now
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Green Apple
    Thanks

I personally think as long as it doesn't burn a still-useable exploit, go for it!

It's great to have as many firmware versions as possible untethered. People are always going to have differing preferences. Some people, particularly older and/or less tech-savy people, don't like upgrading and restoring all of the time and having to redo all the jailbreak tweaks and settings every 2 months when apple releases a new firmware (exaggeration for illustration). Even though I, and I'm sure many others, think its fun to do it (succesfully)! I know someone is going to give me crap about this, but it's just my opinion. I know most of the people on these forums restore weekly give or take, so it's hard for us to understand the people that don't want the new features, but you have to remember that iPhone is the best selling smartphone with less technologically literate individuals (LTLI's).

In short, if the exploit that will be used is closed in iOS 5, and S.E. is willing to take his time to work on it, and it's not taking him away from any A5 untether project (since A4 is already in the bag thanks to @pod2g, & soon A5 -fingers crossed); why not? Why not let those people who are comfortable on iOS 4 stay there and have the same freedoms as those of us on 5 will (hope, hope)?

Wasting iOS5 usable exploits = BAD
    More jailbroken iOS versions = GOOD
    Untether any iOS version/device = IDEAL

^OBVIOUSLY^

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK i have no idea why there are so many negative comments from everyone about jailbreaking the 4.3.5 firmware. alot of people just like my self bought an ipad 2 on firmware 4.3.5 and are now stuck and have the choice to either update to ios 5 and join the crowd on waiting for a dam near impossible jailbreak for it ,or stay where they are meaning to sit and wait to see if someone will even consider jailbreaking the old but much needed firmware of 4.3.5! this by any means would NOT be a "pointless" jailbreak because as the article states, THERE are alot of people sitting,waiting on 4.3.5! waiting for ANYTHING to happen that will get there device jailbroken Soon! ios 5 could take forever as it has been (for a5 devices) agin in my case an ipad 2. either way it goes this jailbreak could REALY clean up on unjailbroken people. (on ipad 2's running 4.3.5 atleast!!)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kadarrius View Post
    I'm in almost the same titanic iPad 2 boat as you, except on 5.0 and agree with you 100%. Sadly I don't think this would be an A5 jailbreak, and if it were, it'd be a long way out most likely. Maybe when Chronic-Dev releases the new tool it will be capable of jailbreaking 4.3.5/4.2.10; we don't know. It doesn't do us any good to speculate, as we may be let down.

Like I said I (WE) HAVE NO IDEA, and I shouldn't be speculating... Patience is all I'm working with! Lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kadarrius View Post
    Because it's a waste of time when the 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak for A5 devices (including your ipad 2) is just on the horizon. Jailbreaking old software that hardly anyone even still uses especially when the 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak comes out doesnt make sense.

ionic is obviously joking. Look at the logic he used and you can see it was just a joke. Funny though to see everyone freak out about it