+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g and the Untethered A5 Device Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Pod2g is just about done adding his finishing touches. Everyone is excited about the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak. But, what people are really waiting for is the iOS 5.0.1 untethered
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Pod2g and the Untethered A5 Device Jailbreak

Pod2g is just about done adding his finishing touches.

Everyone is excited about the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak. But, what people are really waiting for is the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak for A5 devices such as the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. There are still a great number of people using iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G, iPod touch 3G, and iPad (these are A4 devices) handsets, but there are still many using the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 which use Apple's A5 technology - a new processor where the limera1n exploit has been sealed.

The good news here is that iOS hacker, pod2g is looking to expedite his progress on the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak for A5 devices (the A4 untethered jailbreak is finished already) by having the Chronic Dev Team help him with it. Pod2g mentions on his blog that he, "gave all the details to the chronic dev team so that they can finish, test, integrate and release the A4 jailbreak as soon as possible" and he made the promise that he will "put all my energy from now on on the A5." This means that the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 will be shifted into full throttle and be released very soon.

There are the impatient people out there that simply said, "gimme gimme gimme" when the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 for the A4 devices was built. However, releasing a jailbreak for the A4 devices and waiting for the A5 devices later on would have been a bad idea. It would give Apple the chance to seal the exploits in A5 devices while the A4 devices had their jailbreak. Towards those impatient people, pod2g had this to say, "Also, I know there are tons of people out there with A4 or even earlier devices who wants the untether now and don't care about it could be interesting to wait A5 is finished to release or even 5.1, so that we don't waste an exploit that took me months to find and develop. I need to focus on A5 and hope I can find a path quick, and I have the feeling that chronic-dev could help me."

With the combined efforts of the Chronic Dev Team and hacker pod2g, Apple has been officially pwned once more. Their attempts to seal off jailbreaking for good simply won't work because we have a dedicated team on the case after every iOS release. Hopefully by Christmas or as early as the new year, we may have our untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1. If you want to show your gratitude and thanks to the hackers who are providing you with these amazing features, we recommend that you do so by kindly offering a donation to them - even small ones if you would like. Hackers celebrate Christmas too!

How excited are you to get your hands on an iOS 5.0.1 untether for all iDevices? Share in the comments!

Sources: pod2g's Blog

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So excited!
    Finally I get a jailbroken iPhone it's been months!
    Merry Christmas everyone! (that's meant because of the jailbreak not so much because of Christmas)

Thanks

Awesome I cant wait
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Great, my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 have been waiting for this!

Thanks

Exciting

Thanks

pod2g is doing a wonderful job for all of us. That's a great Christmas gift for all!!!
    Thanks pod2g and Dev Team for make this happen!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course we are excited. Keep kickin a** guys!

I do agree, stay patient for all the exploits to release at one time so we can screw over Apple just a tad bit longer.

Thanks

Thanks pod and dev team keep up the good work

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Guess I should update my 4S to 5.0.1. Is there any reason to stay with the older FW? Will it make unlocking easier?

Thanks

i cant wait

iPhone? More like MyPhone coiledserpent's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's great news and all I can say is FairPlay to the team and pod keep up the great work,only wish I had the smarts to be involved myself.
    New years resolution....read read and read up on coding both apple and android!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

5.1 fixes way too many battery issues for me to even bother with jailbreak until it works on 5.1. 5.1 works great on my iPhone 4S.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Great news !

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have money burning a hole in my pocket but am waiting on a jailbreak before getting a 4S, meanwhile those Android phones are looking very tempting over a locked 4S

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    5.1 fixes way too many battery issues for me to even bother with jailbreak until it works on 5.1. 5.1 works great on my iPhone 4S.
    I could careless about my battery issue. I just want an untethered jailbreak.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm looking to get a 4s. So the 5.1 update worked for your battery issues?

Hopefully that release the jailbreak for the Verizon iPhone to. Right now I've heard they only have the gsm one working.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandymary View Post
    pod2g is doing a wonderful job for all of us. That's a great Christmas gift for all!!!
    Thanks pod2g and Dev Team for make this happen!!!
    Not Dev team. This is the Chronic Dev Team. Muslenerd and co have been very very busy updating Ultrasn0w so people who are already Jailbroken and know how to keep their baseband can continue to have unlocked iPhones.

Thanks

A fresh restore fixed up all my battery issues on my 4s. But I'm assuming you probably already tried that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I REALLY HOPE the jailbreak comes out either christmas or chrismas eve! I'm getting an iPhone 4S for chrismas! and i hope that pod2g will give me a present! (the jailbreak) tethered, or untethered will be fine either way!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itaintrite View Post
    Not Dev team. This is the Chronic Dev Team. Muslenerd and co have been very very busy updating Ultrasn0w so people who are already Jailbroken and know how to keep their baseband can continue to have unlocked iPhones.
    I hope the chronic dev team integrates this to greenpoison
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast