Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Hide the Lock Screen Battery When Charging

Default [Review] Hide the Lock Screen Battery When Charging

Have you ever wanted to do away with the lock screen battery when you charge your iPhone?

Sometimes we adore our wallpapers so much, that we are annoyed by the black background and the battery that appears when we are charging our iDevices. Sometimes, we have a theme that just doesn't go good with the lock screen battery. Sometimes, there are other reasons. If any of the above fits you, then you should try out this new jailbreak tweak that has been dubbed NO LSB by the developer Manvir Singh. It does a good job of removing the lock screen battery and also the black background so that the lock screen looks like it would normally if you hadn't been charging it. Albeit, you can still see that your iDevice is charging by the indicator at the top right of the image above.

The point of this jailbreak tweak is complicated, but simple. It's complicated because there's no clear cause for it. It can be used for several things. It's simple because the things it can be used for are simple. One thing that it would be good for is IntelliScreenX which uses your lock screen to display Notification Center updates and more depending on what settings you apply. There are also many themes that change the lock screen around and if that lock screen battery gets in the way it really takes away from the value of said theme. But, it's not only for boosting the morale of themes and tweaks. It can also be used if you simply love your wallpaper and want to see it while the iPhone is charging too.

Whatever the reason that you might find NO LSB useful, I'm sure of one thing - it does a great job of doing what it's intended to do; remove the lock screen battery from the lock screen. Before installing the tweak, I had pictured a black lock screen with no battery, but to my surprise, I found that it removed everything so that my wallpaper displayed. I really like that. So this tweak gets a solid five star rating from me because it does its job fluidly.

Installing this jailbreak tweak toggles its affects immediately. You will need to uninstall the jailbreak tweak if you want to see your lock screen battery again. This tweak is for iOS 4 and higher and doesn't come with any settings to configure and doesn't add any icons to the home screen.

Name: NO LSB
    Price: FREE
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Manvir Singh
    Version: 1.0
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

What are your thoughts about NO LSB? Share in the comments.

Sources: Manvir Singh

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

great! was annoyed springtomize didnt have this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    great! was annoyed springtomize didnt have this
    It doesnt? I tought it did...maybe im confusing it with another tweak
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Since installing Typophone 4 lockscreen theme, I've never seen the charging battery on my lockscreen

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is cool. The dumb battery taking up the entire screen is completely pointless IMHO. All the info I ever need about the battery is represented in the top right of the screen virtually at all times.

Awesome tweak.

Finally This Is Way Better, && BTW What Wallpaper Is That... I Really Like It

I didn't realize it but I have been wanting this tweak, thanks it's awesome.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I havent seen the LS Battery for quite sometime. I've been using either Prestige HD, VIP, or DarkHollow (the best) and they all have a WTD LS Widget and it keeps the widget during charging. It's actually been really nice. Speaking of Springmotize I'd really like to see TidySpring updated for iOS 5. I loved that tweak.

Default Nah
    Wallpaper Alpha is definitly better. It shows just the battery with your wallpaper in the back, instead of black.

Zoltan1600

The Fun Day in The Weather

Your name:

Noun:

Season:

Time of day:

Enter activity:

Number:

Your Custom Story will appear here First type in your Customizations
    If this^ doesn't work sorry it's because the javascript is being stupid
    Last edited by zoltan1600; 12-22-2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Wasn't sure how HTML had to be written in a post like this so i had to trial and error.

LOL! Ive been implemeting this in my themes 4 years, and now some 1 made a tweak i just dont know what 2 say! cool?

Huh, didn't ever realize people would be interested in this, or I might have done it a long time ago.

If you're interested in getting rid of the battery icon in the statusbar, but still want to know when you're charging your device, look up Bolt in Cydia. It's free and awesome. And I wrote it .

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

This seems intersting

What's the wallpaper you're using?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix3200 View Post
    Huh, didn't ever realize people would be interested in this, or I might have done it a long time ago.

If you're interested in getting rid of the battery icon in the statusbar, but still want to know when you're charging your device, look up Bolt in Cydia. It's free and awesome. And I wrote it .
    I have wanted this tweak since the first time I've had a jailbroken phone.

Thank god!

Now, I wait for a iPhone 4S jailbreak.

edit: nevermind
    Last edited by Swedish_otaku; 01-16-2012 at 03:26 PM.

This was made for IntelliScreenX all right. That's what got me googling for it in the hopes it existed. Thanks for the review, and thanks to the developer.

photo photo-3
    Last edited by galavanter; 01-27-2012 at 02:18 AM.