+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UltraSn0w 1.2.5 Released - Helps Unlock iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If it is old bootrom then dont boot tethered. Thats not your problem. Have you used the latest redsnow to jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,839 Times in 6,894 Posts

If it is old bootrom then dont boot tethered. Thats not your problem. Have you used the latest redsnow to jailbreak?

Thanks

Yes. Ive tried everything. Stock firmware with a BB flash with Redsn0w, and Custom firmwares as well. I even did a clean install. Everything works fine until I install Ultrasn0w and reboot. Then the Apple shows up for a few minutes, then I get the spinning wheel of dEaTh and it freezes. I just restored to 5.0.1 and did a BB update with the redsn0w Jailbrake. I'm going to let it sit on the shelf till another update comes out. It's just my backup/Burn phone. LOL I have 2 2G's, and another 3G I can drop my T-moble sim in till another update comes out. My iPhone 4 is my Primary none the less.

I did try the tethered reboot and it booted up to the home screen then rebooted and froze. So something just isn't right.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

should i CHECK the install ipad baseband in jailbreaking my iphone? i have 3gs new bootrom 6.15 bb and ultrasnow doesnt work. network still searching. help. please tell me what to do

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laeloren View Post
    should i CHECK the install ipad baseband in jailbreaking my iphone? i have 3gs new bootrom 6.15 bb and ultrasnow doesnt work. network still searching. help. please tell me what to do
    First of all. What are the first five digits of the serial number on your 3GS. If the third is a 1 and the fourth and fifth digit are anywhere around 30 or higher. Your device is bricked. Apple changed something in the chipsets in the radio chip and won't take the iPad baseband. If what I said about the serial numbers is truein your case ...... Then you're screwed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the response, i was able to check the install ipad baseband and everything worked fine. my 3gs is now unlocked on 5.0.1! yay! now, my problem is I couldn't get the imessage working. After I turned on the imessage, it just says waiting for activation, and i waited for hours and still no response. I tried to find iphone through Icloud but it appears that my iphone is offline. What must I do? Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123