Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UltraSn0w 1.2.5 Released - Helps Unlock iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4

Wow I just jailbroke my iPhone 4s !! Uploading video soon .

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_boy_andrew View Post
    Wow I just jailbroke my iPhone 4s !! Uploading video soon .
    Please do. I'd like to see this.

Wow, 4 posts and already jailbroke a 4S. Impressive. 0_o
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Would love to see them unlock the higher basebands.
    There's been little change in well over a year. I'm starting to think they will never unlock them.

HellZ... yea...!

boo...still no update 4.11.08......does anyone have any idea?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Good stuff. I dont need the unlock since I am factory unlocked but great job....

Quote Originally Posted by auw116 View Post
    boo...still no update 4.11.08......does anyone have any idea?
    Yup... Take a trip to Germany, go to a t-mobile shop, get to know the employees and buy them a few "Bitte ein bit's", befriend then and then, ask them nicely to factory unlock your phone... then....Enjoy a factory unlocked phone... :-)
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 12-21-2011 at 10:16 PM.

so, it's pointless to update ultrasn0w with iPhone 4 baseband 2.10 lol

where the hell can i fine my baseband? all i see is my modem firmware???

Why can't people understand that UltraSn0w is a software unlock. Which means it uses a bug in the supported basebands to inject the exploit and bypass the carrier lock mechanism. The newer basebands don't have any public exploitable bugs hence they aren't supported by UltraSn0w!

And as for the 3Gs and the iPad 06.15.00 baseband, MuscleNerd and forum support staff dhlizard have posted numerous times "The iPad 06.15 baseband had it's window of use and that time has long passed. Installing the iPad baseband will disable GPS and Location Services PERMANENTLY as there is no way to downgrade any baseband on any device!!"

Apple has also modified newer 3Gs handsets so if you install the iPad 06.15 baseband it bricks the device with no way to fix it, except BS a Genius into swapping it out for you.

But there is hope as posted on the iPhone Dev Teams Blog, "pre-QUALifier" emphasis on QUAL as in the Qualcom baseband chips used in all iPhones. So once the iPhone 4s jailbreak goes public perhaps UltraSn0w will be updated to support more current basebands. So for now it's a waiting game, be patient and we might all be surprised at things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    where the hell can i fine my baseband? all i see is my modem firmware???
    That is your baseband version. Apple calls it modem firmware. I know it's slightly confusing but baseband is a technical term referring to the radio "band" used by the "modem" firmware.
    Last edited by zrevai; 12-22-2011 at 12:33 AM.

all those 3gs unlock able base bands whereas mines 05.16.05.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So is Mine too....
    Quote Originally Posted by cookbenj View Post
    all those 3gs unlock able base bands whereas mines 05.16.05.....
    3GS 5.0.1 - 05.16.05
    4G 4.3.5 - 04.10.01 Running tethered.
    4GS 5.0.1 - 1.0.13

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Wow, 4 posts and already jailbroke a 4S. Impressive. 0_o
    Possible?
    Last edited by robby_persaud; 12-22-2011 at 07:05 AM.

will only work if you preserve your baseband, they lost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

Anyone else having a problem with the search feature kicking back a VB error?
    My latest theme - -

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Yes. Search is broken. Has been for a while. Owners have a ticket with vBulletin to fix it but so far haven't been able to.

Quote Originally Posted by zrevai View Post
    Why can't people understand that UltraSn0w is a software unlock. Which means it uses a bug in the supported basebands to inject the exploit and bypass the carrier lock mechanism. The newer basebands don't have any public exploitable bugs hence they aren't supported by UltraSn0w!

And as for the 3Gs and the iPad 06.15.00 baseband, MuscleNerd and forum support staff dhlizard have posted numerous times "The iPad 06.15 baseband had it's window of use and that time has long passed. Installing the iPad baseband will disable GPS and Location Services PERMANENTLY as there is no way to downgrade any baseband on any device!!"

Apple has also modified newer 3Gs handsets so if you install the iPad 06.15 baseband it bricks the device with no way to fix it, except BS a Genius into swapping it out for you.

But there is hope as posted on the iPhone Dev Teams Blog, "pre-QUALifier" emphasis on QUAL as in the Qualcom baseband chips used in all iPhones. So once the iPhone 4s jailbreak goes public perhaps UltraSn0w will be updated to support more current basebands. So for now it's a waiting game, be patient and we might all be surprised at things to come.

That is your baseband version. Apple calls it modem firmware. I know it's slightly confusing but baseband is a technical term referring to the radio "band" used by the "modem" firmware.

This Gives Me Hope! I just want to unlock my crappy 3GS on 5.16.05 and have GPS!

Anyone else with a 3GS 6:15 baseband having issues with Ultrasn0w? Everytime I install it, it locks my iPhone up on the reboot....

Ive tried reflashing the baseband and using a custom firmware, but still no luck. Trying a clean restore now...

Clean restore and it still froze on the reboot. It doesn't work on the 6:15 baseband. :-( Glad it's only a backup iPhone.....

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
    Clean restore and it still froze on the reboot. It doesn't work on the 6:15 baseband. :-( Glad it's only a backup iPhone.....
    Sounds like a tethered boot problem to me. After installing ultrasnow use redsnow to boot tethered.

It's a first Gen 3GS.. Doesn't need to reboot tethered. But I'll give it a shot later. There's no problem booting up with cydia. It's only after installing ultrsn0w.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast