Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Show the Date In Your Slide to Unlock Bar

Default [Review] Show the Date In Your Slide to Unlock Bar

You can put the date in your slide to unlock bar with this free jailbreak tweak.

For one reason or another, you might be one of the select few who likes to customize your slide to unlock bar text. But, have you ever thought about putting the date in it? There are some jailbreak applications that can make the date and time that normally show up on the lock screen impossible or difficult to see. Lock screen enhancement applications such as IntelliScreenX could be considered one of those few applications that does that. Or, maybe you have a theme that simply removes that dash with the date and time altogether. Whatever the reason, maybe this tweak will be golden to you.

The jailbreak tweak has been dubbed Date slider by a developer known as greensnow. The structure of the jailbreak tweak is very similar to one of his recent tweaks that put the time in your slide to unlock bar - this tweak was called Time with seconds slider. Date slider comes plagued with the same issue that I had with the difficulty unlocking my iDevice that I had with the Time with second slider jailbreak tweak. Since it makes the slider disappear, it's hard to judge where you unlock the device and sometimes takes a couple of swipes to get it right.

In all honesty, the tweak does what it was intended to do, and for that, I give it a good rating. Although, I'm not very happy with the difficulty that it brings with unlocking the iDevice. I also would prefer if the slide to unlock slider was still visible instead of being done away with after installing the jailbreak tweak. After you install this jailbreak tweak there are no settings to configure and you can go right ahead and see the differences on your lock screen right after you respring the device from installation. I think that all of these minor tweaks that greensnow has been releasing would be better if they were all combined into one tweak with the ability to toggle one or the other from the Settings application.

Name: Date slider
    Price: FREE
    Repo: Modmyi
    Version: 1.0
    Developer: greensnow
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Will you be trying out Date slider? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Sources: Cydia, greensnow

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting and all, but, why put the date on lock screen slider when the date is already shown there... unless you forget what year it is? Just seems redundant.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 12-21-2011 at 04:27 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Clock on Lockscreen ?
    -img_0837.pngI prefer a clean Lockscreen without the clock and other crap.
    However, if you click on the image and look at the enlarged screen you will see info at the very top.

-img_0838.png This is my home screen, nice and clean.
    The image changes.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Interesting and all, but, why put the date on lock screen slider when the date is already shown there... unless you forget what year it is? Just seems redundant.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Because some tweaks and themes hide that feature.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Because some tweaks and themes hide that feature.
    Fair enough.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post

-img_0838.png This is my home screen, nice and clean.
    The image changes.
    would've been better if the status bar info weren't there. That would've looked much better.

I can't get it unlocked with this tweak. Any suggestions?