+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g Shows Us Even More Progess With the iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The untethered iOS 5 jailbreak is so close, you can almost taste it. Are you excited for the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak? We know that pod2g has been working on
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 769 Posts

Default Pod2g Shows Us Even More Progess With the iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak

The untethered iOS 5 jailbreak is so close, you can almost taste it.

Are you excited for the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak? We know that pod2g has been working on an untethered jailbreak for some weeks now and he had a successful untethered jailbreak on both iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 on the iPhone 4. This means that we will definitely have an A4 untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1. Pod2g has also been working hard on A5 devices. What we know right now is that pod2g is close to finishing a successful and stable untethered jailbreak for the A5 iPhone 4S and is working hard to make it as fluid and bug-free as possible. He was tainted by a cache issue, but after taking to Saurik, he was able to shift into four-wheel drive and roll right over that tough terrain.

Pod2g has released another video on his blog, this time showing us an iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 with the untethered jailbreak that he has been working on. He mentions on his blog that he added the video to try and kill off any rumors that the untethered jailbreak was intended for older iPod touches and not for the newer iPhone 4. You can see from the video that the device is indeed running iOS 5.0.1 and not iOS 5.0 which means that it is certainly safe to update your iDevice if you haven't already.

While we will don't know exactly when the jailbreak will be released, we are hoping for a Christmas time release or sometime close after. We don't want to rush these hackers in their job because if they aren't taking their time and being careful with their skills, they could miss something important that could cause a stable jailbreak to simply topple over on its users. Since pod2g is close to having an untethered jailbreak on the iPhone 4S and because we've seen that it's possible to have an untethered jailbreak on the A5 devices (Comex's jailbreakme hack worked on the iPad 2), we have no doubt that an iPhone 4S untethered jailbreak is almost here and we will surely be there to tell you about it when it comes out.

There are many, still, that would give anything to have at least a tethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4S because so many people upgraded to the iPhone 4S from the iPhone 4 this year to take advantage of the new hardware specs and camera features. A tethered jailbreak is one that makes you use a computer to boot up your iDevice after you turn it off while in the jailbroken state. The only way around using the computer to boot up the iDevice has been using BigBoss's Semitether hack which lets you boot up with native iOS features but no access to jailbreak features. Only A4 device users have had this luxury thus far. As there are currently no bootrom exploits for the A5 devices, there is no ETA for any tethered jailbreak.

My advice to you? Stay patient. Be supportive. Donate to the hackers if you like. It's coming and it's going to hit the ground hard. When the untethered jailbreak comes out for all of the iOS 5.0.1-running devices, what will be the first thing that you install from Cydia? Share in the comments.

Sources: pod2g's Blog
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-21-2011 at 12:55 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

Great news. Keep up the good work Pod2g.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

My big question is does the Jailbreak support the A5 Chip, or specifically the iPhone 4S? I have yet to hear anything about the iPad2 except that Comex's old hack use to work... any insight on this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait! I have had every iPhone model except the 3G, but my 4S is so fast and the camera on it is simply amazing. Siri is quite impressive too. SBSettings, Photoalbums +, Locktopus, MyWi, WInterboard, Dreamboard, Multifl0w, biteSmS, There are so many to list, I can't even remember half of them, its been so long since i have had a jailbreak it seems. (other than my iPad 1)
    Last edited by vantheman169; 12-21-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ultrasnow

Thanks

So is it then safe to update the 4s to 5.01 then?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nityanandachandra View Post
    ultrasnow
    Is ultrasn0w updated for iOS 5.0.1?

Quote Originally Posted by rion_j View Post
    So is it then safe to update the 4s to 5.01 then?
    Yes.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks for keeping us updated with the progress but honestly most of us with the older devices just want to see it released already. Can they just release the jailbreak & just update it once it supports the iPhone 4S & iPad 2?

Thanks

Why can't he just tell us when? :'(

What's Jailbreak? Ya_boy_andrew's Avatar
    Thanks

Pod2g already has the jailbreak for iPhone 4s and it'll be released on Christmas day !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lauriellis13 View Post
    Because he probably doesn't know himself. As mentioned in the article, all the bugs have to be ironed out before the public get there hands on it. Have some patience I'm sure it will be released soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    My big question is does the Jailbreak support the A5 Chip, or specifically the iPhone 4S? I have yet to hear anything about the iPad2 except that Comex's old hack use to work... any insight on this?
    That's what he's working on. The 4S and iPad 2 are in the same boat so I'm sure it will work for either.

Thanks

Bring On "SUNDAY FUNDAY"!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_boy_andrew View Post
    Pod2g already has the jailbreak for iPhone 4s and it'll be released on Christmas day !
    Bull. Prove it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_boy_andrew View Post
    No truth in this statement whatsoever.

Thanks

Sounded like sarcasm to me^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    Because he probably doesn't know himself. As mentioned in the article, all the bugs have to be ironed out before the public get there hands on it. Have some patience I'm sure it will be released soon.
    He should just release the a4 jailbreak then later release the a5. He could of released the a4 if he didn't start on the a5 jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

I just hope they can grab those Siri files so us (iPhone 4, 3G-S) owners can have a personal assistant too, great job Pod2g !!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lauriellis13 View Post
    Because if he puts a date on it and then finds something that needs to be fixed or recoded there will be a bunch of little trolls that never donate any $ complaining that he didn't release it when he said he would. Would you prefer he rushes and releases a huge unstable POS or an awesome kicka** untethered exploit?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Cool keep up the work!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast