+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g Shows Us Even More Progess With the iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
here's my big question! will the soon to be released A5 jailbreak work with the 4s cdma Sprint? PLEASE GOD LET IT WORK....PLEASE!!!!!!
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

here's my big question!

will the soon to be released A5 jailbreak work with the 4s cdma Sprint? PLEASE GOD LET IT WORK....PLEASE!!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks

Sweet another video, what a surprise

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In pod2g We Trust!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice one, looking forward to it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

SBSettings and biteSMS, that's what I'm installing first!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    here's my big question!

will the soon to be released A5 jailbreak work with the 4s cdma Sprint? PLEASE GOD LET IT WORK....PLEASE!!!!!!
    If pod2g hasn't confirmed either way on his tweets how are we to know? I highly doubt that he's going to be able to afford buying devices for each carrier (with donations) so I'd say it'll probably be something that's known after release and people try. I wouldn't think it'd be a problem because it's an exploit on the OS not the carrier, but I am def no coder so I couldn't say for sure.

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 905 Posts

Keep up the good work pod2g...I have faith in you...
    I'd install winterboard,bitesms,delivery report and all the many excellent apps and themes from cydia
    I will so live having my ip4s jailbroken...something that I really miss

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    Sweet another video, what a surprise
    It amazes me at the amount of ungratefulness and sense of entitlement that some people have. Pod2g doesn't have to release any videos nor does he have to work so hard to find all of us an untethered exploit or any exploit for that matter. He could simply keep it for himself and say screw you to all the people like you. It's simply a video to show all of us that it's being done on a newer device. He doesn't have to explain or prove jack to us. When you purchased your iDevice all that money went to Apple and your monthly costs go to your provider (if an iPhone), it doesn't entail a JB nor does it give any proceeds to anyone to find one for you. So instead of your sarcastic remarks, open your wallet and donate to all these devs who bust their asses to find and give us these exploits for absolutely FREE! I honestly can't believe that these geniuses are not charging for the software anyways. I'd gladly pay because they deserve it, which is why I donate constantly. I don't think you actually realize how much work they put in for all of us to have this possibility.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chad daddy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    It amazes me at the amount of ungratefulness and sense of entitlement that some people have. Pod2g doesn't have to release any videos nor does he have to work so hard to find all of us an untethered exploit or any exploit for that matter. He could simply keep it for himself and say screw you to all the people like you. It's simply a video to show all of us that it's being done on a newer device. He doesn't have to explain or prove jack to us. When you purchased your iDevice all that money went to Apple and your monthly costs go to your provider (if an iPhone), it doesn't entail a JB nor does it give any proceeds to anyone to find one for you. So instead of your sarcastic remarks, open your wallet and donate to all these devs who bust their asses to find and give us these exploits for absolutely FREE! I honestly can't believe that these geniuses are not charging for the software anyways. I'd gladly pay because they deserve it, which is why I donate constantly. I don't think you actually realize how much work they put in for all of us to have this possibility.
    Omg dot get your panties in a bunch. If you wanna give pod2g a bj go ahead and say it.
    There dope for what they do but they do it knowing donations and rep will come in along with it.
    Very few would do it if they knew nobody would donate or even say thanks. And they would charge.

Thanks

If he released it before it was stable, everyone whining to "release it now!" would be yelling for his head.

As for the 4S users, you bought the phone knowing it would be a while before it was jailbroken. It will be when it is.

The guy is doing something nice, the most that should be posted here is "thanks!"

I've been running a stock i4 w/5 (now 5.0.1) and, except for some GUI issues (I hate the lock screen look, so... ugly!) I'm actually quite happy with my phone. This after having a heavily modded phone for years. Apple is getting closer to making the iPhone a good phone without us having to "adjust" things. I'll probably jb again when this comes out, if just to mod the lock screen.

Banned
    Thanks

Ungratefulness? LMAO Yeah ok since you know who I am. I can guarantee you that I have contributed to the Jailbreak community a whole lot more than you have, THAT'S A FACT!

My point is that all the RUMORS AND VIDEOS have become nothing but a nuisance! I am nothing but grateful that pod2g is working on this but that doesn't mean that I have to be grateful to see ********* videos and rumors all the time. Been seeing the same ********* videos for over two months now! WHO CARES ABOUT THE ******* VIDEOS AND RUMORS, BE PATIENT AND WAIT FOR THE JAILBREAK!!!

Admin edit
    Last edited by Broomhead; 12-21-2011 at 03:52 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Although i agree with almost everything you said here Poetikly, I just have to add that these DEVS are not hurting man. Yeah they bust their asses. Some more than others, but nevertheless, they aren't hurting. Pod is doing an amazing job, and I for one hope he holds out on the release to include the 4S and iPad 2. But the dude got a 4S and an iPad 2 through donations! I mean...we the users bought him 2 brand new iDevices. I'm not trying to take away anything from him, or insinuate that he or any of the DEVS owe us ANYTHING, but in all reality, there's no point in scolding the children for making sarcastic remarks, or demand he release it, or insist he ignore 4S/iPad2 users so that they can have theirs, because they're just kids and leaches who DONT donate. I have a hard time staying away from comments on any of these stories because they all say the same thing! They cry their little butts off because they can't jailbreak their old and ancient devices with an untether option. For crying out loud if it bothers you SO much go tethered!! How often do you turn off your phone?!! I NEVER do! I don't know anyone who does! LOL

On a side note can people please stop saying Sunday Funday? I can't even remember the last time a jailbreak was released on a Sunday that was predicted as such. Secondly-he never said he was releasing it THIS coming weekend/christmas/sunday funday/ or any other date.

Thanks

So anyway guys, things seem to be moving along nicely for pod2g and his untethered jb. Hopefully a public release is just around the corner.

Happy Christmas everyone

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Enough guys back on topic!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    Ungratefulness? LMAO Yeah ok since you know who I am. I can guarantee you that I have contributed to the Jailbreak community a whole lot more than you have, THAT'S A FACT!
    Lol. Not for the better though :/

Thanks

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy!!!!!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Your last warning!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,119 Times in 2,708 Posts

I've donated and waiting on whenever it's good to go. First thing off Cydia: IntelliScreenX, Winterboard, SBSettings, iFile and the rest of my 145 packages on backup.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

I'm posting this 1 and only warning because you guys are being unnecessarily hostile/rude/insulting on the forums. While we understand that it is human to get angry we would like to keep this site as an open place for discussion. Not a place for hatred and insults. We invite you to continue using the site -- just please be a bit more courteous in the future.

Get back to and stay on topic...,

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

metaserph (12-21-2011)

Thanks

Thank you Broomhead. Those guys are *bleep*bleep* bleep* annoying.

Lol totally kidding but back to the topic. I'd like to say that I am very excited for this release, I knew our debs could do it and I'm very grateful.