+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple iDevice Sting Results in 141 Arrests in the Big Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Nice to see the effort, as long as there are buyers for stolen idevices thugs will steal them.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Nice to see the effort, as long as there are buyers for stolen idevices thugs will steal them.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i would buy an ipad even if it were stolen. it just has to be in perfect condition. go home and restore that **** right away.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so technically they didn't buy any stolen equipment.. I think a good lawyer would get them off.. the police officer lied about it being stolen when it actually wasn't stolen..

is it illegal to buy a item that isn't stolen? because in reality those ipads and phones weren't stolen..

someone offers you stolen item at good price, you say i cant buy stolen property are you sure that one isn't your own personal one that isn't stolen? if so I will buy that one wink wink nudge nudge..

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would buy an iPhone and iPad knowing full well they were stolen for $100! You all would. Brand new stolen iPad for $100, hell yeah! I've had an iPhone and 3 iPods stolen from me in the past 6-7 years. I remember a time when a guy was trying to sell me an Xbox 360 still in the box for $75 right after they came out. I knew it was stolen and did not buy one though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

on the flip side if they are telling you how stolen they are you have to assume something is up.. usually the stolen part goes without saying..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Right..if they are saying...hey wanna buy some STOLEN iPads something's going on with that.

Thanks

So do they at least get to keep the merchandise? Lol I mean **** your going to be paying a ton more for court costs and lawer fees...lol just sayin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    I was about to talk sh.it until I seen the part where they said that the buyers were made aware that the devices were stolen. I mean how stupid to buy something when someone is clearly making it obvious that they are stolen.
    No the undercover officer says it's not stolen,
    my friend has to ask that before buy anything used and also have to fill some paper work with copy of ID any ways after all this paper work officers get into the store and arrest you.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12