+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More Progress Made on Untethered iPhone 4S Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Eagleye YAY! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I can't wait to have "my" (jailbroken) phone back. I miss it more and more with every new tweak thats announced on this
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    YAY! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I can't wait to have "my" (jailbroken) phone back. I miss it more and more with every new tweak thats announced on this website. It's driving me nuts! Im so excited... I dont think I'll be able to sleep!

* Thank you pod2g & saurik for all your hard work around the Holiday season. 2012 will be a great year for jailbreakers.
    Thanks to everyone that has been working so hard.
    Gotta Have my Jailbreak back, please make this a "Sunday Funday"!!
    What an ExCelLeNt Present....

Thanks

Great job Pod, happy holidays, 2g!

And god bless you all...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pod2g is da ****!! Where do i donate?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

I know that intense work goes into jailbreaks whether tethered or untethered and I'm pleased that ModMyi keeps us up to date, but having news like this makes it excruciatingly difficult to have patience. I'm extremely excited .. so much so that all, and I mean ALL I want for Christmas is to have my awesome 4S jailbroken and tweaked to my hearts content.

Pod2g has my complete and unconditional bro-love along with my total support.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default 4S owners - don't get too excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Can the SHSH or AP Ticket even be saved on a 4S on 5.0.1?
    They can be saved and stitched with the latest version of redsn0w, but you won't be able to do anything useful with them (e.g., restore) unless an A5 bootrom exploit is found. So 4S users, don't get too excited about all this. Apple will patch this jailbreak within days of its release and then they'll stop signing 5.0.1. Then if your iDevice gets stuck in a bootloop or for any other reason you need to restore, you'll have just lost your jailbreak :-(

I'm pretty disappointed at Apple's treatment of a community that basically invented the app store for them (plus most of the useful tweaks and updates that have gone into iOS over the last couple of years). If Apple were serious about piracy, they could do something about that specifically, but I believe their goal is total and permanent control over the content of (and commi$$ion on) the software you're allowed to install on the hardware you own. I'm not sure how much longer Apple can stay ahead of Android with such a policy (perhaps they already aren't?). Yes, Android does have huge fragmentation issues, but interestingly, most of the tweaks and apps we all know and love from Cydia now have equivalents on Android that don't even require you to root the device! (Check it out - you may be surprised.) Sorry to put a damper on things folks, but the jailbreak situation isn't quite so rosy for those of you with newer hardware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

I really can not believe all the dumb questions. How can you expect someone who's been busting his tail to go through line after line of code to tell you when it will be completed. I get most of you are probably not programmers, this is no easy task.

And I'm sure apple would love for him to release if before 5.1. Then they'd have something else to add in their update aside from wallpapers.
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    While everyone is waiting and wishing and asking "When"When"When". I think it would be far more productive & appreciated by the Jailbreaker if you just go and donate to his efforts. Don't forget that Pod had to go out and buy an iPhone 4S in order to start the jailbreak hacking. That is no small expense! It could even speed up the release, but that would be some of my stupid speculation

Direct link to the Donation page ___ https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...fd6c338b1d9d60

iPhone? More like MyPhone Turntablist83's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait !! Well done guys

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Hopefully he gets the jail break for the CDMA version. As of right now it's only for gsm based iPhones.
    are you saying that the jailbreak will not work for cdma 4s out the gate?

damn it!.....DAMN IT....DAMN IT!!!!!!!!

why wouldn't work for cdma phones?

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lukinrats View Post
    I think it would be far more productive & appreciated by the Jailbreaker if you just go and donate to his efforts. Don't forget that Pod had to go out and buy an iPhone 4S in order to start the jailbreak hacking. That is no small expense!
    Actually if you ready is blog a bit further back, he thanked everyone for the donations that he was able to acquire a 4S and ipad2. So he's already cranking away. It's just not any easy task. I envy how intelligent these guys are.

I'm not saying stop donating, no way, because there will soon be more devices to be jailbroken.
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345