+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How's the Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak Coming Along With the iPhone 4S?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Pod2G is working hard. Remember Pod2g? He's the guy that made a successful iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G unethered jailbreak for iOS 5 just within the past couple of
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How's the Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak Coming Along With the iPhone 4S?

Pod2G is working hard.

Remember Pod2g? He's the guy that made a successful iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G unethered jailbreak for iOS 5 just within the past couple of weeks. Now, as he promised, he is working hard to get the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 untethered so that the rest of us using newer devices can be happy too. The untethered jailbreak is the one that you can use even after rebooting your iPhone. Whilst in a tethered jailbreak, you cannot reboot your iPhone at all until you connect to a computer and use software to reboot it. There is a semi-tethered option which allows tethered jailbreak users to reboot their iPhone except without and jailbreak features - only the functionality of stock iOS features.

Pod2g is shifting into top gear and attempting an untethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4S completely disregarding the tethered jailbreak; but that's what we wanted anyhow so there aren't any complaints. What we know about Pod2G's jailbreak so far is that it will be untethered for A4 devices such as the iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G running either iOS 5.0 or iOS 5.0.1. At this point in time the iPhone 4S doesn't have any jailbreak; not even a god-given tethered jailbreak which most of us would give an arm to have on our iPhone 4S at the very least right now. Pod2g is on the case though.

So what's the update for the iPhone 4S? Well, if you refer to the image above, you can see that Pod2g has reported on his progress for the iPhone 4S untethered jailbreak. In case the image doesn't load for you, the message reads:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pod2g
    Hello.

Here are the news of the 4S week-end.

The untether fails right now because I'm having processor cache issues.

I'm close, but I can't figure out what happens. It certainly has something to do with the Cortex-A9 cache management.

I could sort it out quick, it's a matter of chance.

I'll report you my progress tomorrow.

BTW: I removed (sorry) the greetings messages so that only articles related to the jailbreak remain in the main page. AFAIK Blogger don't have the option to move or fusion messages while keeping the comments.

Ciao!
    So what does this mean exactly? It means that Pod2g is ever so closer to breaking the seal of the iPhone 4S. He received an iPhone 4S thanks to generous donations - he also got himself an iPad 2 to test with. He mentioned that he is having processor cache issues while trying to work with the untethered jailbreak, however one thing that he left blatantly unclear is whether or not he has a working tethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4S. While many of us would prefer the untethered jailbreak, there have been a myriad of comments here on Modmyi from iPhone 4S owners saying that they would at least settle for a tethered jailbreak until the untethered jailbreak could come out. After all, it's better than nothing.

The cache issue could be very large or very small. It could be fixed in a matter of hours, or as Pod2g explained, maybe days or weeks. The problem depends on chance. It depends on whether or not Pod2g finds the problem or not, albeit he did promise us that he would inform us of his progress again tomorrow so that we can see how it went after today with his processor cache issue. The processor cache issue is keeping the jailbreak from being untethered at this moment in time and hopefully if he can bypass that issue we can have an untethered jailbreak for all devices up to date.

Are you hyped about the iPhone 4S untethered jailbreak? Tell us your thoughts in the comments.

Sources: Pod2g's Blog

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

I can settle for a tethered jailbreak... I just really want a jailbreak for my iPhone 4S. Hopefully he can figure out the problem & provide as great news.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I would be happy with a tethered JB. my iPad is tethered right now and its not a big deal. But no JB for my 4S, i am not gonna lie, SUX.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 4 tethered and I'm perfectly fine with it being tethered. Being untethered is just a comfort.
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

He didn't mention anything of a final untethered release for the A4 devices either. Hope is out to the public soon

Thanks

i said f it and settled with a tethered jailbreak. i always have my mac with me so i dont have to worry about not having a computer to rejailbreak my phone.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

[BOLD]^^This. I just want a jailbreak at this point, I couldn't care less if its tethered or not. Come on pod2g!![/BOLD]
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 12-19-2011 at 09:45 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

@pod2g

you'll have my donation for sure once you come out with 4s untethered jailbreak.

keep up the good work and thanks!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't wait for a successful jb for this i4S... I am praying he can get one successfully working on the i4S. I will donate soon as it is available myself... I always do when someone comes out with one...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Can we please just get the iPhone 4 jailbreak release already?

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    @pod2g

you'll have my donation for sure once you come out with 4s untethered jailbreak.

keep up the good work and thanks!!!!!

I don't care If it's tethered or untethered, but I too will donate once one comes out for sure! You have my word.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    Can we please just get the iPhone 4 jailbreak release already?
    There already is a jailbreak for iPhone 4.

Thanks

Tethered really isn't bad at all... As many of us have come to find out. So if your on the fence about jail breaking tethered? I say go for it. And I can't wait to jailbreak my iPad 2. Thanks pod2g!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone CabooseLoL's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    ^^This. I just want a jailbreak at this point, I couldn't care less if its tethered or not. Come on pod2g!!
    Thank you for using "I couldn't care less" properly. Most people say, "I COULD care less" and that doesn't make any sence lol. It's like, "oh, so you do actually care about it..." hahaha anyways....

I'm really excited about this news, my iPad 2 is on 4.3.3 and jailbroken but I want to update to 5.0 really bad. Also, I'd like to buy a 4s, but I'm waiting for it to be jailbroken before I do haha.
    Shut up troll.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    Thank you for using "I couldn't care less" properly. Most people say, "I COULD care less" and that doesn't make any sence lol. It's like, "oh, so you do actually care about it..." hahaha anyways....

I'm really excited about this news, my iPad 2 is on 4.3.3 and jailbroken but I want to update to 5.0 really bad. Also, I'd like to buy a 4s, but I'm waiting for it to be jailbroken before I do haha.
    Actually the phrase is, "I couldn't care less."

Thanks

Tethered JB with SemiTethered is great

Thanks

And it's "sense" not sence

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for using "I couldn't care less" properly. Most people say, "I COULD care less" and that doesn't make any sence lol.
    The word "sence" doesn't make much sense either

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sniper488's Avatar
    Thanks

So, which software version should the iPad 2 be on for this jailbreak, 5, 5.01, ...?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    I can settle for a tethered jailbreak... I just really want a jailbreak for my iPhone 4S. Hopefully he can figure out the problem & provide as great news.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    I would be happy with a tethered JB. my iPad is tethered right now and its not a big deal. But no JB for my 4S, i am not gonna lie, SUX.
    + 1 also

Quote Originally Posted by Jastra View Post
    Tethered really isn't bad at all... As many of us have come to find out. So if your on the fence about jail breaking tethered? I say go for it. And I can't wait to jailbreak my iPad 2. Thanks pod2g!!
    +1 again
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION