+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How's the Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak Coming Along With the iPhone 4S?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Sniper488 So, which software version should the iPad 2 be on for this jailbreak, 5, 5.01, ...? It will work with both once it is released
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    So, which software version should the iPad 2 be on for this jailbreak, 5, 5.01, ...?
    It will work with both once it is released
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It would be awesome of the whole thing was released on Christmas.

Thanks

Well now that the English lessons are over, I would gladly take a tethered Jb for my 4s right now until such times as a untethered one arrives. I had a tethered Jb on my old i4 and I think I only ever had to reboot it 3 times or so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    It would be awesome of the whole thing was released on Christmas.
    Yeah it would!!!
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Tethered JB with SemiTethered is great
    Except that certain apps (e.g., security apps like Lockdown Pro) are easily defeated by a semi-tether (just power off and on!).
    I think Pod2g is wise to wait and release the entire package together, because Apple will quickly patch his untether and stop signing the prior firmware; there would be logistical problems to releasing a jailbreak for an older firmware that Apple is no longer signing.

Thanks

Pod2g should wait for 5.1 IMO
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Pod2g should wait for 5.1 IMO
    He should wait for 5.8.3

Naw just kiddin
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

Tethered or un, all we want is the jailbreak for 4S. I donated, didn't wait until it comes out. The effort alone is worth money. Just saying...
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Green Apple
    Thanks

Pod2g

Just release both when they are ready.
    If you release the A4 jailbreak before the A5 one (assuming they both use the same exploit) as Apple will patch it and the A5 JB may never happen anyway.

I'd love my Ipad2 to be Jailbroken on IOS 5.0.1 but let's face it, something is better than nothing.

Before Christmas day would be good as my wife is going to flip if I'm on the computer for an hour on Christmas day ;-)

Jolly

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll also be donating to anyone who comes out with an untethered jailbreak for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. I have not updated my iPad 2 yet just for that reason but on the 4S I have no choice now and I'd settle for a tehered even.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thanks Pod2g! Looking forward to the 4S and iPad 2 JB! Keep up the good work! I'll be donating as well.

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Tethered or un, all we want is the jailbreak for 4S. I donated, didn't wait until it comes out. The effort alone is worth money. Just saying...
    Awesome point. I also have already donated to his effort. I don't understand people saying "I'll donate once it's released" that's not much of a donation more of a purchase isn't it? He's going to release when he figures it out why wait? Donate to the cause now if you're going to at all

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjrankin83 View Post
    Awesome point. I also have already donated to his effort. I don't understand people saying "I'll donate once it's released" that's not much of a donation more of a purchase isn't it? He's going to release when he figures it out why wait? Donate to the cause now if you're going to at all
    If you own a 4S, it's a smart idea to wait until he confirms there is at least a tethered jailbreak before donating. There is still a high chance he might fail and someone else comes up with one.

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    If you own a 4S, it's a smart idea to wait until he confirms there is at least a tethered jailbreak before donating. There is still a high chance he might fail and someone else comes up with one.
    Well agree to disagree. Isn't the point of donating to show apprication for work done? He's diligently working on this JB for the 4S and that, in my mind, deserves a buck or two. The whole point to donating is so that he could get a 4S, without donations he wouldn't have one to be working on (I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read he just got his hands on a 4S not long ago due to donations)

Should someone else come out with one (which is doubtful as I've read no where that anyone is even working on it at the moment) I would also donate to that individual. The way I look at it if you've got enough to buy a 4S, and you want to jailbreak it, you've got a couple bucks you can donate for the cause. This is coming from someone still with an iPhone4 as I figured it'd be awhile before the JB came out and am going to just hold out for the iPhone5 (or whatever it's going to be called).

Just my 2 cents

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes!!! I'd GLADLY take a tethered jailbreak for my 4s at this point. I don't miss it as much as I thought, but after Infiscreen X and BiteSMS have released updates...I WANT MY JAILBREAK BACK!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never donated to these fellas before but now I've seen the error of my ways,these fellas deserve to be paid big time.when the jailbreak for my iPad2 comes out I'm donating.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s0ulp1xel View Post
    He should wait for 5.8.3

Naw just kiddin
    I say he should wait til iOS 6.. Maybe 7 to come out with a jailbreak for the iPod touch 4

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog5142 View Post
    Yes!!! I'd GLADLY take a tethered jailbreak for my 4s at this point. I don't miss it as much as I thought, but after Infiscreen X and BiteSMS have released updates...I WANT MY JAILBREAK BACK!
    we aitn gonna get a JB for ipad2 or i4s till a few months before the NEW things come out,,, i mean im not trying to say that im not gratefull for the devs, but as i say before arent there in the world more I4S and ipad2 then I4 and ipad's?

and the Ipad2 its almost on itslast leg of this current cycle. and we only had 1 JB in almost a year,, the I4S its rather new still but,,, its the same thing as the ipad2,,, so i dont got my hopes up,, all this dev putting time and effort to JB the older equipment, its just sad i guess.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm no coder my any means, but if the processor cache is the ONLY issue in having an untethered JB for 4s & iPad 2 I would love to think that a tethered could be possible. Am I wrong? I'm happy to see that my generous donation has been put to very good use though. Pod2g is one talented genius! Thanks pod2g for working so damn hard for all of us.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I'm no coder my any means, but if the processor cache is the ONLY issue in having an untethered JB for 4s & iPad 2 I would love to think that a tethered could be possible. Am I wrong? I'm happy to see that my generous donation has been put to very good use though. Pod2g is one talented genius! Thanks pod2g for working so damn hard for all of us.
    He is talented indeed. Read his last post: pod2g's iOS blog

No more cache issues