Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
Originally Posted by Sniper488 So, which software version should the iPad 2 be on for this jailbreak, 5, 5.01, ...? It will work with both once it is released...
12-19-2011, 10:47 AM #21
12-19-2011, 11:04 AM #22
It would be awesome of the whole thing was released on Christmas.
12-19-2011, 11:07 AM #23
Well now that the English lessons are over, I would gladly take a tethered Jb for my 4s right now until such times as a untethered one arrives. I had a tethered Jb on my old i4 and I think I only ever had to reboot it 3 times or so.
12-19-2011, 11:09 AM #24
12-19-2011, 11:16 AM #25
I think Pod2g is wise to wait and release the entire package together, because Apple will quickly patch his untether and stop signing the prior firmware; there would be logistical problems to releasing a jailbreak for an older firmware that Apple is no longer signing.
12-19-2011, 11:17 AM #26
Pod2g should wait for 5.1 IMO
12-19-2011, 11:32 AM #27
12-19-2011, 11:44 AM #28
Tethered or un, all we want is the jailbreak for 4S. I donated, didn't wait until it comes out. The effort alone is worth money. Just saying...@Metaserph
"You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity
12-19-2011, 11:47 AM #29
Just release both when they are ready.
If you release the A4 jailbreak before the A5 one (assuming they both use the same exploit) as Apple will patch it and the A5 JB may never happen anyway.
I'd love my Ipad2 to be Jailbroken on IOS 5.0.1 but let's face it, something is better than nothing.
Before Christmas day would be good as my wife is going to flip if I'm on the computer for an hour on Christmas day ;-)
12-19-2011, 11:49 AM #30
I'll also be donating to anyone who comes out with an untethered jailbreak for the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. I have not updated my iPad 2 yet just for that reason but on the 4S I have no choice now and I'd settle for a tehered even.
12-19-2011, 12:10 PM #31
Thanks Pod2g! Looking forward to the 4S and iPad 2 JB! Keep up the good work! I'll be donating as well.
12-19-2011, 01:46 PM #32
12-19-2011, 03:01 PM #33
12-19-2011, 03:24 PM #34
Should someone else come out with one (which is doubtful as I've read no where that anyone is even working on it at the moment) I would also donate to that individual. The way I look at it if you've got enough to buy a 4S, and you want to jailbreak it, you've got a couple bucks you can donate for the cause. This is coming from someone still with an iPhone4 as I figured it'd be awhile before the JB came out and am going to just hold out for the iPhone5 (or whatever it's going to be called).
Just my 2 cents
12-19-2011, 04:13 PM #35
Yes!!! I'd GLADLY take a tethered jailbreak for my 4s at this point. I don't miss it as much as I thought, but after Infiscreen X and BiteSMS have released updates...I WANT MY JAILBREAK BACK!
12-19-2011, 04:26 PM #36
I've never donated to these fellas before but now I've seen the error of my ways,these fellas deserve to be paid big time.when the jailbreak for my iPad2 comes out I'm donating.
12-19-2011, 05:52 PM #37
12-19-2011, 05:52 PM #38
and the Ipad2 its almost on itslast leg of this current cycle. and we only had 1 JB in almost a year,, the I4S its rather new still but,,, its the same thing as the ipad2,,, so i dont got my hopes up,, all this dev putting time and effort to JB the older equipment, its just sad i guess.
12-19-2011, 07:31 PM #39
I'm no coder my any means, but if the processor cache is the ONLY issue in having an untethered JB for 4s & iPad 2 I would love to think that a tethered could be possible. Am I wrong? I'm happy to see that my generous donation has been put to very good use though. Pod2g is one talented genius! Thanks pod2g for working so damn hard for all of us.
12-19-2011, 07:34 PM #40