+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Get A Time On Your Slide to Unlock Bar Instead of Text

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Want the time on your slide to unlock bar instead of the slide to unlock text? What can I say? Some people like to have certain things on certain places
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 764 Posts

Default [Review] Get A Time On Your Slide to Unlock Bar Instead of Text

Want the time on your slide to unlock bar instead of the slide to unlock text?

What can I say? Some people like to have certain things on certain places of their iPhone. There are tweaks that hide the lock screen clock dash, and because of that, you need to revert to other tweaks to put the time somewhere else. The reason you have to do this is because the status bar on the lock screen always shows a lock and because of that you won't ever see the time in the status bar when you're locked. So, let's say you install a theme, IntelliScreen/IntelliScreenX, or something else that blocks the view of your lock screen clock dash. Now, you have a clock that you can't see, but you can see the slide to unlock bar. With this jailbreak tweak, you can put the time in your slide to unlock bar so that you will be able to see the time even when you have something installed that makes seeing the clock dash on the lock screen hard or impossible.

The jailbreak tweak is free in Cydia and it's been dubbed Time with seconds slider. The tweak is by greensnow, the same developer that brought us confirm launch IOS 5 and successful uninstall as we reported on both earlier today. They are both also free in Cydia and you can check out the reviews for them in the links. The tweak comes to us to serve us one purpose - to show the time (with seconds included in the time) on your slide to unlock bar.

This functionality might not come with a new car smell, as we've seen this kind of functionality before, but it seems like this developer is releasing all of his underground projects today. He's shown that he can make simple jailbreak tweaks with somewhat interesting functionality, but it seems that the early developer might be new to the scene. This jailbreak tweak would be good for anyone using applications like IntelliScreenX because it puts the time in a place that's never covered. IntelliScreenX covers the clock dash but it leaves the slide to unlock bar wide open. But, as you can see, it makes the slider invisible. I had some issues unlocking my device when I started using this jailbreak tweak but after getting used to it, it unlocks fine. The slider wasn't removed, it was just made invisible for the appearance of this jailbreak tweak. Because this jailbreak tweak does what it's supposed to, I can't be too harsh on its rating. It does what it was made to do very well without any bugs.

Name: Time with seconds slider
    Price: FREE
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: greensnow
    Version: 1.0
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

What do you think about this jailbreak tweak? Let us know how it fares for you in the comments below!

Sources: Cydia, greensnow

Banned
    Thanks

Is it that hard to look up an inch to see the time that you actually need 2 clocks on the lockscreen?

Thanks
    Springtomize 2 does the same, and Move2Unlock removes the slider all together if that's your thing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Is it that hard to look up an inch to see the time that you actually need 2 clocks on the lockscreen?
    people who use the regular lockscreen clock won't use this, people who like a clean lockscreen will; if I still had an iPhone I'd love this mod =D

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I could see how this would be nice if you didn't use the standard lock screen clock. Personally, I like the bigger clock. It's easier to see when quickly glancing at the phone to check the time...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Did you even read about what I wrote saying that certain things make that clock disappear or invisible?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"Get A time on your slide to..." I swear there are more typos in the titles of this website than the articles on any other website

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranl89 View Post
    "Get A time on your slide to..." I swear there are more typos in the titles of this website than the articles on any other website
    There's nothing wrong with that statement. The time is the subject in that sentence, "once upon a time."

Thanks
    Everybody chill. If you don't want it then don't get but please...
    Reporting typos is one thing, but like he said some people will like this!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I don't have issues with my clock, but it I did this seems like it
    Would be a good alternative.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I cant slide to open my iphone with that tweak and it wont open at all..