+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Be Notified When Your Applications Are Deleted Successfully

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Now you can be notified when your application is deleted successfully. Have you ever been one to question the wisdom of your iPhone deleting your apps? Maybe you simply don't
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] Be Notified When Your Applications Are Deleted Successfully

Now you can be notified when your application is deleted successfully.

Have you ever been one to question the wisdom of your iPhone deleting your apps? Maybe you simply don't trust the fact that it's so easy to delete apps - but when you tap the black "X" to remove the application how can you be so sure it's deleted? Is it hidden? Is your iPhone playing tricks on you? Well now you never need to question yourself in a psychotic manner such as described above. Instead, you can be assured that your application was successfully removed with a slightly nice response from the iPhone that says, "Your app has been removed seccessfully." Yes, "seccessfully." This might bother some people but maybe a kind suggestion to the developer in the Cydia store could change that unfortunately misspelled word.

The jailbreak tweak is free in Cydia and it's by greensnow, the maker of confirm launch IOS 5 as we reported earlier today. The jailbreak tweak is dubbed successful uninstall and what it aims to do is alert you when any application is successfully removed from your SpringBoard and deleted from the device. It pretty much serves no purpose other than to state the obvious, but maybe someone somewhere will enjoy the feeling of being told that the uninstall of the application was successful after a really long day.

While it doesn't really do anything except display a message when a SpringBoard icon is removed, it does what it says it's meant to do and for that, it gets a good rating from me. There are no bugs in the tweak (except that unfortunate typo; of course) and from what I can see, it works as it was intended to work. There are no hidden features or settings to configure and no icons are added to the home screen. When you install it from Cydia (free, by the way), it automatically kicks in after your respring and it starts homing in on when you delete applications so that it can serve its purpose.

Name: successful uninstall
    Price: FREE
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: greensnow
    Version: 1.0
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

If this is something that might interest you, then give it a shot. It's free. Let us know how you like it in the comments.

Sources: Cydia, greensnow

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

About time. I always wanted to make sure my apps were SECCESSFULLY removed from my device.

Thanks

Lol that's too funny!
    One thing that was interesting that I didn't know is that the iPhones flash memory isn't necessarily deleted once it's "deleted". It's put in an area where memory is ok to be overwritten. To get rid of whatever it is you want to get rid of is to restore your phone completely Then the memory is wiped clean. Correct me if I'm wrong here but one of my tech buddies told me this,It definitely makes sense. I'm pretty sure memory in general works this way as well.

To be more clear im talking about things that occur in the background and not necessarily on your springboard.
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 12-17-2011 at 06:34 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Haha, I was literally laughing out loud when I read this review. Keep it up, Anthony!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seccessfully

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So what happens if the message doesn't show up, does that mean the app wasn't uninstalled successfully? Out of all the iDevices I've owned I never had a problem with something like this or maybe I did and I didn't know about it. Either way I think this is a pointless tweak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Borat have great seccess!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sdalston View Post
    So what happens if the message doesn't show up, does that mean the app wasn't uninstalled successfully? Out of all the iDevices I've owned I never had a problem with something like this or maybe I did and I didn't know about it. Either way I think this is a pointless tweak.
    Not necessarily, its not often that you're going to delete an app, so the notice isn't a bother. Also, what if your phone is on in your pocket, and by trying to grab it, you end up deleting something? I've put the springboard in the "delete or move" mode this way before, so it would be nice if when I pulled it out of my pocket, it showed what app I've accidentally ("seccessfully") deleted.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha, SECESS in failing on this app.

What's Jailbreak? roflblargamapep's Avatar
    Thanks

lol, huge failure

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Did they really spell successfully wrong.. lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

What a fail misspelling...

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

CooL, sometime i delet an apps it still in root folder? This will save me time...