+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: K.O. Gadget Glowing Apple Logo Mod On Sale for Thirty More Hours

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
K.O. Gadget’s incredibly cool glowing Apple logo mod for the iPhone 4 and 4S is currently available for $42.90 (originally $79.90) and will only be available for 30 more hours.
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default K.O. Gadget Glowing Apple Logo Mod On Sale for Thirty More Hours

K.O. Gadget’s incredibly cool glowing Apple logo mod for the iPhone 4 and 4S is currently available for $42.90 (originally $79.90) and will only be available for 30 more hours.

The mod doesn’t increase the thickness of the phone, and only requires a little bit of sticky tape and the cojones to open up your iPhone and void the warranty. Buyers even have the choice of using the traditional Apple logo or the Steve Job’s tribute logo by Jonathan Mak that replaces the Apple Bite with a silhouette of Jobs head. The hit your iPhone’s battery life will take is reportedly minimal too. Not a bad price to pay for a simple and unique mod.

The light will illuminate independent of the front screen, and turns on whenever the screen turns on as well. Also, the mod isn't only cosmetic as it turns on when a call or text is received, when the alarm rings, and when data is being sent or received by background applications during standby mode. Definitely a nice addition silent alert addition to the iPhone, something Apple refuses to add. How hard is it to add a blinking LED somewhere Apple?

However, Apple’s lawyers have caught wind of the mod and have circled the wagons with a cease and desist order that will start in thirty hours at the time of this article. My recommendation, if this interests you at all, purchase immediately. Worst case scenario, you resell the mod for a lot more than you paid for it after the cease and desist order makes them a rare commodity.

Source: K.O. Gadget [via Gizmodo]

Thanks

Their site directs you to their facebook page for purchase: kogadget.com - Shop Now | Facebook

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This does look pretty bad ***, but I doubt I have the gall to open my phone up.

Lame they're stopping them from selling this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Pretty cool actually....really hope Apple make the home button/notification light on the next iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just FYI, Apple does allow your LED to flash when you get notifications on ios 5.

General > accessibility > LED flash for alerts

Nevertheless, that is an awesome mod. I would do it but can't live without my iPhone 4.

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JORDAN™ View Post
    Just FYI, Apple does allow your LED to flash when you get notifications on ios 5.

General > accessibility > LED flash for alerts

Nevertheless, that is an awesome mod. I would do it but can't live without my iPhone 4.
    Yea, I'm aware, but the flash is insanely bright and intrusive and it doesn't work for the alarm either. I'm more or less referring to a small LED indicator somewhere on the phone. The back of the phone isn't ideal as it can be covered up much of the time, but it'll have to do.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to christoforo For This Useful Post:

kwine (12-17-2011)

Thanks
    Seems impossible to add to cart using that facebook shop...It does like this forever loading thing and nevers lets me add to cart

Well I cant seem to add it to my cart using that facebook shop thing...what am I missing?? After I choose the Iphone mod I get a never ending loading screen
    Last edited by scuba; 12-17-2011 at 05:28 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

use fire fox ie doesnt work
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba View Post
    Seems impossible to add to cart using that facebook shop...It does like this forever loading thing and nevers lets me add to cart

Well I cant seem to add it to my cart using that facebook shop thing...what am I missing?? After I choose the Iphone mod I get a never ending loading screen

Thanks

Just bought one. Thanks for the heads up!
    Always wanted this since iPatch announced they had created them and would sell them for over $150 and only be available in the UK.
    So i bit the bullet and bought this before they sold out.
    I'm just going to return my shiny blue color conversion to zeetron and go back to back with this LED apple logo.

Thanks again. Very excited.

JUST A HEADS UP!

It takes about a month to receive the product.
    Total cost for 1 kit is $56.40 after shipping

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    Yea, I'm aware, but the flash is insanely bright and intrusive and it doesn't work for the alarm either. I'm more or less referring to a small LED indicator somewhere on the phone. The back of the phone isn't ideal as it can be covered up much of the time, but it'll have to do.
    Well, it's there. The screen lights up when receiving notifications. Where would you suggest? I'm glad there no annoying blinking notification light that you cannot turn off.

Since the APIs for the led has been opened up, I'm sure anyone could make an alarm app that uses the led. But my coding skills is minimal at best.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice mod!! Just bought one. I wasn't going to pay full price but since it was 50% off I grabbed one. Didn't have any problems purchasing it and used paypay for the smooth transaction. Shipping from hong kong will take a little time but worth the wait. Since I use the otter box commuter it will look pretty wicked.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never tried, but how difficult is opening the back of the phone? With what and how do you do it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I placed an order. Or at least I think I did. I got an email confirmation from paypal showing that I approved a payment. But when I sign in on the K.O. website, it says I've never placed an order. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I've never tried, but how difficult is opening the back of the phone? With what and how do you do it?
    For the 4 and 4S all it takes are small screwdrivers. Take off the two small screws on the bottom and slide the back off. Its really easy, I replaced my cracked screen and did the white convert a couple times, its not that hard.
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just ordered mine via facebook!!

Thanks

This have be cheaper any time soon I'll wait

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just ordered mine as well

Question: Does the back plate say "iPhane"?

iPhone? More like MyPhone tankz504's Avatar
    Thanks

So how exactly does this void your warranty? If your phone needs service, why not spend a few mins and remove the mod?

Thanks

Pulled the trigger on one as well.
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast