+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Password Pilot Gets An Encryption Update

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Password Pilot Gets An Encryption Update

Have you ever used Password Pilot?

Password Pilot is a jailbreak tweak that was released by Filippo Bigarella back in the iOS 4 days. It has been a handy tool for me and probably to a lot of other people as well. To me, this is probably one of the must-haves for a jailbroken iDevice. Password Pilot is free on the BigBoss repository and there are no strings attached. It does exactly what it says; no more, no less.

Password Pilot basically lets you enter your App Store password in the Password Pilot settings pane in your Settings application. The password you enter is encrypted and stored in your iDevice until your iDevice requires it. Some things that Password Pilot automates includes entering the password when downloading applications, entering the password when updating applications, entering the password when downloading music, entering the password when downloading books, and entering the password when downloading movies. Additionally, it can enter the password for iCloud things as well.

When a prompt comes up asking for your password, Password Pilot will have it automatically filled in for you so that all you need to do is press okay and your applications or any other media that you download from Apple can begin downloading immediately with hardly any work at all on your part.

Today, Password Pilot has been updated with a stronger encryption algorithm which should prove to be better in securing your obviously important Apple ID information. You should never use Password Pilot from any other repository outside of BigBoss for that reason we know that Filippo Bigarella is a legitimate iOS developer because he is the man behind Springtomize 2 and some other neat jailbreak tweaks. Installing Password Pilot from a repository outside of BigBoss could put your confidential information at risk because who knows what they tampered with it before making it available.

One thing to note about Password Pilot is that it makes it super easy to download things from iBooks, iTunes, and App Store. This means that anyone who has access to your SpringBoard will have access to your Apple ID. We recommend that if you opt to use this jailbreak tweak that you take the steps to secure your iDevice. First and foremost, use a pass code. This is level one security that you can take to secure your Apple ID. Some other forms of security you can use include Locktopus, Applocker, FolderLock, KickLock, and other tweaks of that nature that can make Apple ID stores inoperable without a password.

As long as you keep your iDevice secure, I recommend Password Pilot. I use it and love how much time it saves me especially when you are trying to enter your password manually and you accidentally put it in wrong and have to redo it. With Password Pilot, you don't need to worry about that. Download it today!

Name: Password Pilot
    Price: FREE
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Filippo Bigarella
    Version: 1.2-1
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Sources: Filippo Bigarella

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

I used this on iOS4.3.3. And since updating I couldn't remember what it was called so thanks!

It's a simple tweak but makes updating/downloading apps/music that little bit less annoying.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah, thanks for this filippo and anthony. Sometimes I mess up a letter or number and your right, I hate having to retype my password. Especially because it's so long. Thanks again for the heads up.

Thanks

ugh! so many good jailbreak apps coming out...still waiting for the 4S jailbreak

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k1dr0ck View Post
    ugh! so many good jailbreak apps coming out...still waiting for the 4S jailbreak
    I 2nd this post! 😞

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k1dr0ck View Post
    3rd this post.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    "IOS 4 days" ?!!! wtf I still use it because I jailbroke with green poison for 4.1 but I tricked my IOS into thinking its on 4.2 but if there is a way to restore and update without bricking my phone in my situation please tell me.