Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Google's "Majel" Aimed to Compete With Apple's Siri

  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    B7R
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gklein View Post
    But like I said, if you can afford a Lexus wouldn't you rather drive that than a Honda? If you can't afford it then don't get it that's pretty simple. I bet you I could find somebody that can name the infinite benefits of his civic and the same for an android phone. That's great for them. The iPhone is just something that works for me and I have the luxury of being able to afford the newest one each year and afford the expensive plan.

    People try and live a champagne diet on a beer budget.
    Ill buy a Honda and with the money i got left ill get something else. Why would i waste my money on 1 expensive item when i can buy another one and still have money left over

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Painkiller006 For This Useful Post:

    Channan (12-17-2011)

  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Ill buy a Honda and with the money i got left ill get something else. Why would i waste my money on 1 expensive item when i can buy another one and still have money left over
    That's a logical thing to do if you don't have the finances to buy a nice car and have other nice things. My point is both things function the same. One has the association with more of a luxury or expensive line and the other is more for the economy class.

  4. #23
    Cool Oh, the Blast from the Past
    Quote Originally Posted by peu View Post
    Don't forget that google has been perfecting the speech recognition with google voice for years, they have the technology already mature...
    And so has Apple. PlainTalk was introduced on the Motorola 68040 powered Quadra AVs in 1993, back when cell phones were made of cinder blocks, and was made a part of System 7.1.2 system software. The speech system outperformed the available processor speed, and was limited to phrase recognition (not text entry) but it worked, and worked surprisingly well. I used it to demo all sorts of cool things. One machine could recognize statements of another machine, so with careful script editing you could have lively conversations triggered from certain phrases (think the classic "Who's on First" routine triggered by "Hey Abbott!")

    The speech recognition was AppleScript aware and thus highly extendable.

    Admittedly Siri is more powerful than PlainTalk, and Majel might be even better, but that stuff is soooooo not new.

  5. #24
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,151
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 88 Times in 72 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gklein View Post
    But like I said, if you can afford a Lexus wouldn't you rather drive that than a Honda? If you can't afford it then don't get it that's pretty simple. I bet you I could find somebody that can name the infinite benefits of his civic and the same for an android phone. That's great for them. The iPhone is just something that works for me and I have the luxury of being able to afford the newest one each year and afford the expensive plan.

    People try and live a champagne diet on a beer budget.

    No Apple is more like Lexus with only 1 LS model to sell.
    Android is like Toyota that offers cheap Scion models, Toyota middle range models and high end Lexus models.
    No I would not want to be stuck with just LS460, I would like to have my choices and find one that matches me. I have the money for the LS460 (company I work for bought me every one of the iPhone models and iPads) but I want to be more economical and get the hybrid model or something else.

    Only carbonated wine that can be called Champagne are the one coming from Champagne province in France, basically most so called "Champagne" is wannabe. Glad you compare Apple stuff as Champagne, both are over priced and marketing strategy is making it a "fashion statement" which pretentious people loves.
    Last edited by unison999; 12-17-2011 at 12:32 AM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

    Channan (12-17-2011)

  7. #25
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    951
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 81 Times in 64 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gklein View Post
    Android phones are like civics. Cheap as hell so Honda can sell a **** load of them.

    An iPhone on the other hand is like a Lexus, built with quality materials and are a luxury so they are expensive and there are less of them on the road.

    Both cars get you from point a to b. but if you can afford it wouldn't you rather go in style?

    To one your own though.
    Lolwut? I just bought a Galaxy Nexus two days ago for $649. That's the same price as the iPhone 4S.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

    If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

  8. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    Lolwut? I just bought a Galaxy Nexus two days ago for $649. That's the same price as the iPhone 4S.
    And that phone is far more superior than the iPhone 4 ****. ICS alone is enough for me to ditch ****** AT&T and iPhone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •