+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "iPhone 5" Is the 6th Top Google Search of 2011

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default "iPhone 5" Is the 6th Top Google Search of 2011

The iPhone 5 was the device that never came to be...yet.

The iPhone 5 was one of the top anticipated items of 2011. Google search histories (thanks to the new Google Zeitgeist feature) show that the term, "iPhone 5" was the 6th top Google search of 2011 which really illuminates people's lust for such an item. Apple was expected to unveil the iPhone 5 at this year's event having that they waited so long to unveil the device instead of their usual time in June. The iPhone 4S was announced this year in October which is a significant jump. It's no doubt that many were unhappy with the announcement as we heard and continue to hear cries about the size of the screen, not having 4G cellular service, and also looking the same as the previous iPhone.

Unfortunately, we do not know exactly when the iPhone 5 will be released or if it will. There is absolutely no proof supporting that an, "iPhone 5" will be released, but that is our speculation of the ideal. There will certainly be a next iPhone but there just isn't any evidence pointing to the fact that it will be an, "iPhone 5." It's just an educated guess.

While the demand for an iPhone 5 with completely new chassis, features, and radio technologies is still high in the air, Apple is being pressured into making such a device. While demand is high for a device with a four inch screen, 4G cellular technologies, and upgraded specs, the iPhone 4S continues to sell out at places all around the world and it is the bestselling iPhone yet according to the sales numbers of the first weekend launch.

With Google searches for the iPhone 5 having risen dramatically from the year 2010 to this year (1,658% increase to be exact, as Mac Rumors reports) there is no doubt that the iPhone 5 was dubbed one of the most anticipated things to have in 2011. Many Web Sites, graphic designers, and anticipating Apple fans created Photoshop® artist renditions of what the iPhone 5 may look like and the picture of this article is one of the nicest. Unfortunately, until the iPhone 5 is released, we can enjoy our iPhone 4's and iPhone 4S's.

How many times did you Google search the iPhone 5 this year? Share in the comments below.

Sources: Mac Rumors

Thanks

He he he

Probably me
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

And calling people *mod edit* is HIGHLY educated right?

Anyway......I'm sure the reason the iPhone 5 was so highly searched is because people were expecting an iPhone 5.......not a 4 1/2.
    Last edited by 2k1; 12-15-2011 at 10:44 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

*mod edit*

Oh and your comment was educated and mature?
    Last edited by 2k1; 12-15-2011 at 10:44 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

*mod edit *

I laughed when I read what you posted but looking through all of your nine posts it seems all you do on here is run people down. Not to be rude, but I think you have some growing up to do yourself.
    Last edited by 2k1; 12-15-2011 at 10:45 AM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Back on subject guys

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can they give it a rest already? iPhone 5? There will not be an iPhone 5! Why? Because the next iPhone will be the sixth generation, and it'd be stupid to call it 5. Now, enter the idiots complaining about the iPhone's name scheme! Well, let me explain.

iPhone - The first one, later called iPhone 2G
    iPhone 3G - Because it had 3G capabilities and the G had nothing to do with "Generation".
    iPhone 3GS - Because it was an improved iPhone 3G and again, it had nothing to do with a timeline or anything.
    iPhone 4 - Because it was the fourth generation, although its model number was 3,1.
    iPhone 4S - Because it's a slightly (very slightly) improved iPhone 4.

So, why in the world would Apple call the next iPhone, iPhone 5? It wouldn't be the fifth generation and there's no 5G mobile broadband service, so drop the iPhone 5 nonsense already!

#RantIsOver

Thanks

*mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* *mod edit* ....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    Can they give it a rest already? iPhone 5? There will not be an iPhone 5! Why? Because the next iPhone will be the sixth generation, and it'd be stupid to call it 5. Now, enter the idiots complaining about the iPhone's name scheme! Well, let me explain.

iPhone 3G - Because it had 3G capabilities and the G had nothing to do with "Generation".
    iPhone 3GS - Because it was an improved iPhone 3G and again, it had nothing to do with a timeline or anything.
    iPhone 4 - Because it was the fourth generation, although its model number was 3,1.

So, why in the world would Apple call the next iPhone, iPhone 5? It wouldn't be the fifth generation and there's no 5G mobile broadband service, so drop the iPhone 5 nonsense already!

#RantIsOver
    Agreed.

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

#RantIsOver
    But, Apple has proven with the iPhone naming scheme, which you provided, that they do not care what "generation" the phone is in. The next iPhone will be called the iPhone 5, making the jump to iPhone 6th, or 6th generation isn't logically sound by Apple standards and would be a huge marketing faux paus.

But, I do agree the iPhone 5 nonsense got out of hand before and immediately after the 4S launch. No reason to argue over it. Until Apple makes an announcement, which will not be for a long time, there isn't much sense speculating about supposed devices title.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple needs to come up with "the next big thing", not a 3G phone that runs at 4G speed. The next iPhone should set the new standard (IMHO.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tashawn View Post
    Agreed.
    +1

I know when the iphone 5 will be released! it was 2 months ago!

Thanks

I'm not surprised. Everybody expected the 5 but whatever is next is going to revamped and a step up. I'm jug curious what apple is going to do next. I'm excited

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

#RantIsOver
    I cant wait to dredge up this thread when the iPhone 5 is released and prove you wrong.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can glean the name of the sixth generation iPhone from the history of the iPhone. If it has a 4G radio, it will be called 'iPhone 4G'. Since Apple is slow, but not completely reluctant, to embrace new (cellular) standards, the sixth generation iPhone is very likely to have a 4G radio. Thus the next iPhone will be called 'iPhone 4G'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    +1

I know when the iphone 5 will be released! it was 2 months ago!
    What they should and what they do are clearly 2 different things and what it will and always comes down to is highest revenue for lowest output device! Just look at the iphone 4s, top sellling iphone of all time. Why? Becuase it's 3megapixels better then iphone 4 at half the price? Because it has a program for lonely losers that have no one to talk to can now chat with their phone, lol? No, because it's the "New Thing from Apple" device so everyone has to buy it. They can come out with an iphone 5 or whatever u want to call it, still have no 4g service, still have the same crap size screen, still have some features as previous, but maybe slightly faster and better camera and guess what, it will also be the next best selling iphone ever. Why? Back to point 1, its the "New Thing from Apple" and everyone with no brain has to have the new thing from apple. I'm very satisfied with my iphone 4 and if the new one does not have a bigger screen, 4g service, and more options overall, probably switch to a new brand phone. Apple seems to be more hype now then ingunity. How about a phone that can be jailbroken forever without a patch for every update? Yeah that will be the day. Sure soon there will be no jailbreak possibilites from apple with now jailbreakers turning to the dark side and getting onto Apple's payroll. Then i'll for sure never buy an Apple device again.

Thanks

You guys are over thinking this "generation" nonsense. Who cares what it's called... I know one thing for sure is that it will be called an iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

If all u want is a bigger screen and "better specs" then please! Please! Get ur android and join one of those forums. Im with apple because its my preference. The UI is simple. The experience is polished. Why are there soooo many androidians on here doing nothing but bashing apple?? Dont ppl talk about apple enough on xda?? I guess not. Get ur google phone and move on!

I know that was off topic but it bugs the feces out of me! Sorry

Thanks

I searched it on a few occasions to see what all the hubbub was about...
    If it aint broke... you aint try'en hard enough

Green Apple
    Thanks

to all you people guessing what it will be called and what it will look like.... it will be called the iPhone LTE and it will be made from all glass outside