+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Grand Theft Auto lll Available in International App Stores, U.S. Soon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Grand Theft Auto lll is perhaps the single most influential game of my generation's adolescence and it should be available soon for those of us unlucky enough to live in
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Grand Theft Auto lll Available in International App Store, U.S. Tomorrow

Grand Theft Auto lll is perhaps the single most influential game of my generation's adolescence and it should be available soon for those of us unlucky enough to live in the past. I'm looking at you future dwellers of Australia and New Zealand.

This year marks GTAlll's tenth anniversary, and Rockstar is keeping its promise to release the game simultaneously on iOS and Android on December 15. The game that created the sand-box genre will be available for $4.99 in the App Store. A pittance if you ask me.

I'm a little nervouse to see how Rockstar translated the controls to a fully touch-based UI, but if anyone can pull it off Rockstar can. GTAlll comes in at a surprisingly svelte 462MB and is compatible with both versions of the iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and the 4th generation iPod touch.

We'll have a full review up later in the week, but for those too anxious to wait till the verdict is in, I have a sneaking suspicion you won't regret your purchase.

Source: TUAW

Thanks

Take it you meant III not LLL correct? I didn't watch the video but I'll probably buy it just to play every now and then. Wonder how the controls will work on the touch screen.

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course, but the roman number III with uppercase Is doesn't match the text accordingly. Three lowercase llls achieve the same goal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm downloading it as I type this!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome! Released sooner then I thought.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this game changed my life when i was a child, and now i may experience the joy all over again on the go :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    Of course, but the roman number III with uppercase Is doesn't match the text accordingly. Three lowercase llls achieve the same goal.
    Haha I didn't even think about my font until you said lower case llls. Wow it's been a long day... It's kinda hard to tell capitals from lowercase with my font and bytafont doesn't theme the reply text on my app for some reason. So to make it look like I was seeing in the original post I had to use capital letters in the reply.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Dudes, it's live! Haha totally pumped to get this game.

This game is where my youth went

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

Can't believe it's been 10yrs already, damn I'm getting young.... played all of them, ALL and I'm gonna get this too! GTA for life!

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iZangetsu View Post
    Can't believe it's been 10yrs already, damn I'm getting young.... played all of them, ALL and I'm gonna get this too! GTA for life!
    I feel exactly the same, I am almost in disbelief that it's already been a decade.

I as well have already downloaded, & played this from the AppStore. It's already In the U.S AppStore.

Thanks

Nicely done game, great job by Rockstar. It's like a stroll down Memory Lane, in Liberty City. This game was a game charger, hard to believe its been ten years.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iZangetsu View Post
    ME TOO!!! It would actually scare me to think of all the hours I played GTA!!! ALL OF THEM!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You know, you'd think, when this was announced that it'd be great but once you download it, install it and play it? It's even better than you though it would be. Everybody probably thought about the controls, whether they would be implemented properly and whatnot and they work really really nice. I just love it. Thanks for letting me know about it Modmyi. Tested it on my iPad 2.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Totally buying this
    Open world games are amazing
    I wounded how big the game will be 2gigs? Lol

Thanks

I wonder if it will have any cheat codes??.... Yes I used to use the cheat codes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sweet ! I'm getting this one for sure. I wonder if the controls will be better than gangstar miami. I always liked on GTA3 that there were more guns that you can sight in with. That & seeing vehicle damage, tanks, a knife & all the other good stuff gangstar lacks

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jastra View Post
    I wonder if it will have any cheat codes??.... Yes I used to use the cheat codes.
    Who doesn't? Jet drop is fun and so is the jet pack

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So funny... I got out my CD case the other day and decided to install the first GTA game on my computer! lol. I still remember that you can play the GTA tunes on a CD player!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

I bet this runs amazingly smooth on the iPad 2.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WOW!!! This is awesome! I'm downloading it now! The only game I have ever liked better than GTA3 is San Andreas. I hope they come out with San Andreas someday also. Great job Rockstar!

I started playing this game after downloading it and came to the conclusion that this is well worth the $4.99 I paid for this game. The steering is a little TOO sensitive but when I changed the camera view the cars got a little easier to steer. Two thumbs up for this game.
    Last edited by phrotac_jaffa; 12-15-2011 at 12:12 PM.