Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Flashy Status: A Way to Be Reminded That Your Flash Is On!

Default [Review] Flashy Status: A Way to Be Reminded That Your Flash Is On!

Are you ever brutally embarrassed when you accidentally take a flash photo?

Wouldn't it be nice if you could tell right off the bat if your iPhone's camera flash was on? I know that for me there have been numerous times when I left my flash on and I forgot to look and see if it was because the transparent button blends so well with the picture that I don't always notice it and remind myself to check. With this jailbreak tweak, dubbed Flashy Status, by Noppers Software, you can see if your flash is on more easily and keep yourself from accidentally taking flash photography.

As you can see from the image above, the green button that appears is much more noticeable and there's almost no way to forget that your flash is on when you see that big green thing in the side of your screen. I find that this is very useful in reminding me that my flash is on because that lime green button simply doesn't blend in with anything that I take photographs of. Additionally, if that lime green doesn't cut it for you, there are more options. For now, let's compare how noticeable that green button is compared to the stock transparent button that sometimes tricks us all:

You can see that the difference is quite phenomenal and that if you aren't paying attention, it can be easy to forget that your flash is on and embarrass yourself or miss out on a photo opportunity because you have to wait for the shutter to re-open to take another photograph after turning the flash off. Like I said earlier, if the solid lime green isn't working for you, there are other options to configure. After installing this tweak, you can look in your Settings application to find a cell labeled Flashy Status with a green circle on it that contains the preferences for the tweak. The settings appear simply like this:

From the, "When flash is on" settings, you have the ability to select one of the following:
    • iOS Default
    • Solid Green
    • Blinking Green

So what this means is that if the solid green isn't cutting it for you and you need something that will catch your eye even better than a large green spot on your camera, you can choose to have it flash before your eyes. Or, you can set it back to the iOS default which is always transparent. The next cell is labeled, "Hide auto mode" and what this does is it allows you to hide/unhide the option in the flash called auto which lets the iPhone camera determine if the flash should be enabled or not. The last cell is labeled, "Default flash mode" and from that menu you have the ability to select one of the following options:
    • iOS Default
    • Off
    • Auto
    • On

The iOS Default option makes it so that when you open the camera application, the iOS default option will be automatically selected for you. If you want to set your own setting, you can make it so that the camera automatically opens with either flash off, flash on, or flash auto every time you open the Camera application. This can save some time so that you don't have to struggle with checking that your flash is on or not.

Generally, I give this application a good rating because it does what it's intended to do. I think that the developers put a lot of thought into this application because it includes a lot of customization features instead of only making the button appear green when it's on. There are a fair number of options to make any user happy and that is what I think makes this application a winner besides the fact that it does what it intends to do so nicely; keep you from accidentally taking photos with your flash on when you didn't intend for the flash to be on.

Name: Flashy Status
    Price: 99
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Noppers Software
    Version: 1.1
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Will you be checking out Flashy Status for your photography needs? Tell us in the comments below.

Sources: Noppers Software

Thanks

Kinda pointless just take the 2seconds and look at the screen. As for setting it to on or auto as default I'm sure there's a plist you could probably edit.

Thanks

Not for a buck, I could buy a chicken sandwich. This doesn't take anything away from the developer but let's be honest here, this should be a free tweak. No disrespect at all intended just my opinion.

Default Amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Kinda pointless just take the 2seconds and look at the screen. As for setting it to on or auto as default I'm sure there's a plist you could probably edit.
    Listen, it's easy to say it's pointless. I find it very useful. I can't tell you how many time I've taken a flash photo and meant to not. If it were as easy at taking two seconds to "look at the screen," that never would have happened. Great tweak for me.

Default Pointless, Pointless, POINTLESS.
    Quote Originally Posted by biver View Post
    Listen, it's easy to say it's pointless. I find it very useful. I can't tell you how many time I've taken a flash photo and meant to not. If it were as easy at taking two seconds to "look at the screen," that never would have happened. Great tweak for me.
    Pointless, Pointless, POINTLESS.
    That was easy!

A Buck? Come On... For FREE, I 'MIGHT' install it, 'MIGHT', but for a BUCK, ForgetAboutIt!

Wait.. You're telling me the default icon which tells you if the flash is on or not isn't good enough? I'd classify this under the whoopee cushion category (useless and unnecessary).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ittelecom View Post
    Pointless, Pointless, POINTLESS.
    That was easy!

A Buck? Come On... For FREE, I 'MIGHT' install it, 'MIGHT', but for a BUCK, ForgetAboutIt!
    I wouldn't call it pointless because it serves it's Purpose. Like Anthony pointed out, it does what is says.
    I see what your getting at because you have no use for it, although I think that people do have a use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Not for a buck, I could buy a chicken sandwich. This doesn't take anything away from the developer but let's be honest here, this should be a free tweak. No disrespect at all intended just my opinion.
    I completely agree. Charging a buck for such a minor and unneeded tweek like this just makes BigBoss look desperate for money, or at the very least, just a tad bit greedy IMHO.

Sorry this is off topic, but what's the desktop background theme in this?

Quote Originally Posted by viperious1 View Post
    Sorry this is off topic, but what's the desktop background theme in this?
    LOL! It's not a desktop man, it's a Mac ;-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phrotac_jaffa View Post
    LOL! It's not a desktop man, it's a Mac ;-)
    Could be a Xserver on Linux running a osx bar too. Just saying.