+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UK Carrier O2 Launches iPhone 4S Leasing Program

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default UK Carrier O2 Launches iPhone 4S Leasing Program

The UK carrier O2 has launched a pilot program named O2 Lease, which allows customers to rent Appleís iPhone 4S. It is actually pretty interesting to note that no carrier has tried this before now. The idea of the program makes sense as not everyone needs something for an extended period of time, which is why things such as cars, houses, etc. can all be leased. With technology constantly evolving, purchasing a device today that will have the newest technology for two years is highly unlikely.

For £55 per month users can lease a 16 GB iPhone 4S and a wireless plan that includes 750 minutes, 500 MB of data, unlimited texting, and O2ís mobile insurance. Those who feel 16GB isnít enough can lease the 32 GB iPhone 4S for an extra £10. The leasing option comes with a 1 year contract so at the end of 12 months customers must return the handset back to the carrier. O2 believes that this allows users to stay on top of current technology trends without paying more by breaking contracts to do so. The carrier mentioned that there are a slew of business tariffs, designed for small businesses to utilize the phone. Those who participate in the leasing program must keep the device in good shape or additional charges from O2 at the end of the rental period.

Itíll be interesting to see if O2ís leasing program will be a success and whether other carriers will follow in O2ís footsteps. If you were given the chance to lease an iOS device, would you? Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!

Source: The Inquirer

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'd be a little leery of giving back a device that I had personal photos, passwords, or any other business that I wouldn't want the next man to know. I'm am a little paranoid considering nothing is ever completely deleted. Besides that; since there's a yearly refresh of the iPhone, I could see how many people could benefit from this plan.

Thanks

O2 is crap am with orange on 4s on a O2 46 pound tariff I get 300 min 750 mb data unlimited text with not very good 3G coverage where I am now with orange I get 950 mb data 1200 min unlimited text for 35 pound per month and also no matter where I go I get a reception O2 is crap now orange gives you a 25percent discount if you work for NHS apple adds Walmart hmv to say a few examples 25 percent discount a month is great

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    O2 is crap am with orange on 4s on a O2 46 pound tariff I get 300 min 750 mb data unlimited text with not very good 3G coverage where I am now with orange I get 950 mb data 1200 min unlimited text for 35 pound per month and also no matter where I go I get a reception O2 is crap now orange gives you a 25percent discount if you work for NHS apple adds Walmart hmv to say a few examples 25 percent discount a month is great
    Vodaphone are without a doubt the best phone company I have been with, I'm getting 3mbps download in London on 3G, with tmobile I was getting 0.8 and O2 I used to get 1.7. Also you get an option to pay 3 pound extra and you get unlimited 0845 0870 and other lo-call number usage. So I never go over my set amount. Voda rule

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CCNPJediHacker View Post
    Vodaphone are without a doubt the best phone company I have been with, I'm getting 3mbps download in London on 3G, with tmobile I was getting 0.8 and O2 I used to get 1.7. Also you get an option to pay 3 pound extra and you get unlimited 0845 0870 and other lo-call number usage. So I never go over my set amount. Voda rule
    Glad your getting a good deal buddy up here in bonnie Scotland that's the best we can get as far as I am aware happy xmass my friend

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

I've been with O2 since the iphone3G days.

I have zero problems. This seems to void the gap with 24month contract and 12month releases. It's more expensive than a contract which puts me off. I like having the latest technology but paying an extra £200-300 a year is a little over the top. Each contract renewal the old phone just gets chucked in the drawer so if the rental was maybe £20-30 a month, I would probably do it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    Glad your getting a good deal buddy up here in bonnie Scotland that's the best we can get as far as I am aware happy xmass my friend
    Merry Xmas to you too mate))