+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Have Your Currently Playing Album Artwork Show In Your App Switcher

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This idea behind this tweak is amazingly simple... Today we have a free jailbreak tweak that is amazingly simple and also amazingly beautiful. It would have been cool if Apple
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 785 Posts

Default [Review] Have Your Currently Playing Album Artwork Show In Your App Switcher

This idea behind this tweak is amazingly simple...

Today we have a free jailbreak tweak that is amazingly simple and also amazingly beautiful. It would have been cool if Apple had done this by default. Usually when you open your App Switcher while you're listening to music and you scroll over to your iPod controls, you see the Music application icon on the right. A new jailbreak tweak by the developer deVbug allows you to replace that Music application icon with your now-playing album artwork so that you can see not only the name of the song but also the album that it's in. To see what I'm talking about you can refer to the picture above.

The Cydia description claims that it works not only for the iPod/Music application but it also works with other music applications for example Pandora, Spotify, and some others. Tapping on the Album art will open the Music application that you are listening to music in. The older version would simply put your album artwork in the App Switcher, but this new version puts Apple's app icon mask over it to make it rounded like an application. This jailbreak tweak requires iOS 5 so iOS 4 users will not be able to download and use it.

Name: AlbumArt On AppSwitcher
    Version: 0.0.1-1
    Developer: deVbug
    Price: FREE
    Repo: BigBoss
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: deVbug

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Pretty cool! Interesting that it requires iOS5, I guess I'll have to wait to use it then.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

theres an even better tweak called multimusicinfo, it has album art, artist and album name along with the default song name. it works freaking great and I love it, but it doesn't work on ios 5 -_-. it's $0.99. it's cheap and definitely worth it. I spoke to the dev around 2 months ago, he said he'd have it updated within a week, no such luck...