+ Reply
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Box.net App Updated to Provide Improved Performance and New Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,725
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 117 Times in 103 Posts

    Default Box.net App Updated to Provide Improved Performance and New Features


    The Box app for iOS has undergone a large update recently with the cloud storage firm rebuilding the app from the ground up. The new app promises drastically improved performance and usability over previous versions. Aside from this, there are also a slew of new features that we are sure heavy users will come to appreciate.

    The app now includes better integration with the built-in Camera application, allows users to upload their photos directly to their Box account, along with the text-based search of your entire Box folder, and the ability to selectively choose which files to take offline. The firm behind the app decided to listen to the feedback that many users had provided and tried to incorporate some of the features to make the app and service more appealing and easy to use. With this update, the company seems to have accomplished that.


    The improved features provides much needed relief to users who took up Box’s free 50GB offer (the one that has now ended) but were disappointed with the leak of features the service offered when compared with other similar services such as Dropbox. The 100MB limitation on free accounts still seems to apply but at least the experience is a bit smoother. If you are interested you can grab the app from the Apple App Store.

    If you are a Box user or you happen to try out the app, let us know what you think below!

    Source: The Verge

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Yep, I still hate that I can't batch upload anything. I think they finally allowed videos to be uploaded via the iPhone, but having to upload more than 1 picture at a time is a huge *** hassle.

  3. #3
    peu
    peu is offline
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    when you have dropbox to compare, its difficult to say good things, dropbox set the bar, box is /slowly/ playing catch up. Box only plus is more free storage for now...

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 63 Times in 45 Posts

    Is this only for Mac or can I access Box on Windows PC as well?

  5. #5
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Is this only for Mac or can I access Box on Windows PC as well?
    How could a website be Mac-only?

  6. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 63 Times in 45 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by AAred View Post
    How could a website be Mac-only?
    Didn't know it was website, thought it was application, which it is on idevices, so that's why I was asking you angry little hobbit. Can't you find anything better to do than be a smartass over some bodies questions? Is your life that bad? Have you been bullied that much that your life has been minimized to acting like an *** or trying to seem superior and more intelligent than others on forums to boost your self esteem and insecurity? Well, you won! I think you're so cool now! I wish I could be just like you :extreme sarcasm: !!!!!

    So so sad!

  7. #7
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    405
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts

    Ya, I have 5 gigs on Dropbox from referrals. I see no reason to use an inferior product.

  8. #8
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by AAred View Post
    How could a website be Mac-only?
    Web interfaces tend to be clunky and awkward. I agree with the earlier post - Dropbox has set the bar quite high with their Windows, Mac and iPhone clients.

  9. #9
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I have both dropbox and box.net. The only reason why I have box.net is because they were giving away 50 gigs for free if you installed their IOS app. I primarily use my 50gb Dropbox account. I agree that Dropbox is by far the best service out there.

  10. #10
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Didn't know it was website, thought it was application, which it is on idevices, so that's why I was asking you angry little hobbit. Can't you find anything better to do than be a smartass over some bodies questions? Is your life that bad? Have you been bullied that much that your life has been minimized to acting like an *** or trying to seem superior and more intelligent than others on forums to boost your self esteem and insecurity? Well, you won! I think you're so cool now! I wish I could be just like you :extreme sarcasm: !!!!!

    So so sad!
    If 6-7 words upset you that much, I'm sorry for answering your question.

    Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Web interfaces tend to be clunky and awkward. I agree with the earlier post - Dropbox has set the bar quite high with their Windows, Mac and iPhone clients.
    That is so true, and I hate how they're usually not very good at rotating properly. I never use web apps. And for true Dropbox integration I use iFile.

    Quote Originally Posted by tkawika View Post
    I have both dropbox and box.net. The only reason why I have box.net is because they were giving away 50 gigs for free if you installed their IOS app. I primarily use my 50gb Dropbox account. I agree that Dropbox is by far the best service out there.
    Haha I did the same thing with box just in case I'd need it some time in the future.
    Last edited by AAred; 12-13-2011 at 05:54 PM.

  11. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 63 Times in 45 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by AAred View Post
    If 6-7 words upset you that much, I'm sorry for answering your question.
    You barely "upset" me. I was more so empathetic of your need to adopt the Internet to make yourself feel cool, intelligent, tough, etc... Like I've said before, I guess it's cheaper than seeing a shrink, but you should consider it because you do have a prescription grade issue. I've seen some of your other posts. It's ok, just let it out. The Internet can be whatever you need it to be......

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts