+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5.1 Beta 2 Released to Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by excaliburlives I have a 3GS with 4.3.3 do i have to use ifaith for 5.0.1? or just update and jailbreak when it's out? I have a 3gs
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by excaliburlives View Post
    I have a 3GS with 4.3.3 do i have to use ifaith for 5.0.1? or just update and jailbreak when it's out?
    I have a 3gs on 4.3.3

This is what I did:

1) run ifaith 1.3.2 on your 4.3.3 phone and make a 4.3.3 restore ipsw that is signed.(just in case you ever need it) ALSO SAVE THE BLOBS!!

2) make a custom ipsw using pwnagetool 4.3.3.1 or redsnow beta blahblahwhatever (for the downgrade at step 4 if you have your blobs =))

2) use sn0wbreeze to make a custom ipsw of 5.0.1 with REMOVED BASEBAND. restore this to your phone. (this keeps your baseband)

3) run ifaith 1.4 on your spiffy fresh iphone 5.0.1 to make a 5.0.1 custom ipsw that is signed (just in case you need it ever) ALSO SAVE THE BLOBS!!

4) downgrade back to 4.3.3 with the custom 4.3.3 ipsw jailbroken and tinyumbrella and wait =)

Thanks

Why would you want them to hold of releasing for 5.0.1. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Release it and then when 5.1 comes out test it and if it doesn't work to from there. But hold off on releasing it? Why ? What's the point ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    Why would you want them to hold of releasing for 5.0.1. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Release it and then when 5.1 comes out test it and if it doesn't work to from there. But hold off on releasing it? Why ? What's the point ?
    If they make the exploit public Apple will patch it. Almost no doubt they'll patch it anyway though. Also, considering there's no reason to update to 5.1, I think they should release it as soon as its ready.

Thanks

5.1 alright now that this has been release i hope we can exact an untethered jailbreak for all devices including the 4s we ..us when ever it is release need to keep the team motivated and do some donations ... time is money and they are putting a lot of time ....

Thanks

Does 5.1 have Carrier IQ?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12