Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
Originally Posted by excaliburlives I have a 3GS with 4.3.3 do i have to use ifaith for 5.0.1? or just update and jailbreak when it's out? I have a 3gs...
12-12-2011, 07:34 PM #21
This is what I did:
1) run ifaith 1.3.2 on your 4.3.3 phone and make a 4.3.3 restore ipsw that is signed.(just in case you ever need it) ALSO SAVE THE BLOBS!!
2) make a custom ipsw using pwnagetool 188.8.131.52 or redsnow beta blahblahwhatever (for the downgrade at step 4 if you have your blobs =))
2) use sn0wbreeze to make a custom ipsw of 5.0.1 with REMOVED BASEBAND. restore this to your phone. (this keeps your baseband)
3) run ifaith 1.4 on your spiffy fresh iphone 5.0.1 to make a 5.0.1 custom ipsw that is signed (just in case you need it ever) ALSO SAVE THE BLOBS!!
4) downgrade back to 4.3.3 with the custom 4.3.3 ipsw jailbroken and tinyumbrella and wait =)
12-12-2011, 09:08 PM #22
Why would you want them to hold of releasing for 5.0.1. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Release it and then when 5.1 comes out test it and if it doesn't work to from there. But hold off on releasing it? Why ? What's the point ?
12-12-2011, 09:10 PM #23
12-13-2011, 01:13 AM #24
5.1 alright now that this has been release i hope we can exact an untethered jailbreak for all devices including the 4s we ..us when ever it is release need to keep the team motivated and do some donations ... time is money and they are putting a lot of time ....
12-13-2011, 02:01 PM #25
Does 5.1 have Carrier IQ?