Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2G Has An iPhone 4 On iOS 5.0.1 With An Untethered Jailbreak

Default Pod2G Has An iPhone 4 On iOS 5.0.1 With An Untethered Jailbreak

Feel free to update. We guarantee you that your iOS 5.0.1 A4 device will be untethered.

Earlier this week I reported that Pod2G said that the iOS 5.0.1 firmware (which is the current iOS 5 firmware) would be able to have an untethered jailbreak. As of tonight, less than an hour ago, Pod2G has confirmed that he has an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 with an untethered jailbreak. This means that you are safe to update to iOS 5.0.1 and you will be able to have the Chronic Dev Team's untethered jailbreak. You do not need to stay on iOS 5.0 to have the untethered jailbreak.

This takes the load off of a lot of people's shoulders because many were concerned that the only way to have an untethered iOS 5 jailbreak was to stay on iOS 5.0. Many rushed into using iFaith to save their APtickets and SHSH blobs to built custom iOS 5.0 firmwares to be able to restore back to iOS 5.0 whenever they would have to. Now, those of you who did so can take a deep breath and simply update.

This comes with some good news. Since iOS 5.0.1 can have the untethered jailbreak as well as iOS 5.0, you won't need to install any tweaks to get rid of the OTA (Over The Air) badge and additionally, iOS 5.0.1 closes some security exploits which means that iOS 5.0.1 will be more secure. The choice is yours, but I would rather just update and have the fresh jailbreak when it comes out.

Will you be updating to iOS 5.0.1 now that you are guaranteed an iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak? Share in the comments below!

Sources: Pod2G
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-11-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

Feel free to update. We guarantee you that your iOS 5.0.1 A4 device will be untethered.

Earlier this week I reported that Pod2G said that the iOS 5.0.1 firmware (which is the current iOS 5 firmware) would be able to have an untethered jailbreak. As of tonight, less than an hour ago, Pod2G has confirmed that he has an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 with an untethered jailbreak. This means that you are safe to update to iOS 5.0.1 and you will be able to have the Chronic Dev Team's untethered jailbreak. You do not need to stay on iOS 5.0 to have the untethered jailbreak.

This takes the load off of a lot of people's shoulders because many were concerned that the only way to have an untethered iOS 5 jailbreak was to stay on iOS 5.0. Many rushed into using iFaith to save their APtickets and SHSH blobs to built custom iOS 5.0 firmwares to be able to restore back to iOS 5.0 whenever they would have to. Now, those of you who did so can take a deep breath and simply update.

This comes with some good news. Since iOS 5.0.1 can have the untethered jailbreak as well as iOS 5.0, you won't need to install any tweaks to get rid of the OTA (Over The Air) badge and additionally, iOS 5.0.1 closes some security exploits which means that iOS 5.0.1 will be more secure. The choice is yours, but I would rather just update and have the fresh jailbreak when it comes out.

Will you be updating to iOS 5.0.1 now that you are guaranteed an iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak? Share in the comments below!

Sources: Pod2G
    Still want the untethered jb released first, but good news to hear.

Well... This means nothing about updating your other devices other then iPhone 4 and iPod 4 so maybe you should not have said its okay to update to 5.0.1 since its still premature just cause an iPhone 4 can..

Quote Originally Posted by iZangetsu View Post
    Still want the untethered jb released first, but good news to hear.
    Read the article.

I had updated anyway because I was happy with just a tethered Jailbreak, but this is great to hear!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

This is good news, but didn't you mention this earlier this week? Or maybe that was another writer..

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

I think i4s has a long wait.......sadFace.

Hope A5's will work too, just updated my 4s

Congrats to pod2g on getting this to work so quickly, but I'm not updating anything until the actual working jailbreak is released to the general public.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nhoj_yelbom View Post
    Hope A5's will work too, just updated my 4s
    Not sure that was a great idea, unless you have your SHSH blobs backed up. I would have tried to wait until conformation that it works on A5 devices.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by WaLLy3K View Post
    Read the article.

I had updated anyway because I was happy with just a tethered Jailbreak, but this is great to hear!
    You read the article. The jailbreak isn't released yet

Great work! Ill try it as soon as its released.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm hoping as well for an A5 jailbreak soon. I know a bunch of people still use the iPhone 4 but a lot of people are using the latest devices as well.
    Jailbreaking the new iPhone 4S untetheredwill probably take a long time. I just hope we get it before the next version of the iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Well... This means nothing about updating your other devices other then iPhone 4 and iPod 4 so maybe you should not have said its okay to update to 5.0.1 since its still premature just cause an iPhone 4 can..
    The only one I'd be worried about is the a5 devices but any device older should be good to go to 5.0.1. Since its user land it should theoretically work for the a5 devices. It just depends on how much has changed from one architecture to the next.

Im gonna wait until the untethered is out.

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    This is good news, but didn't you mention this earlier this week? Or maybe that was another writer..
    The difference between this article and that one was...
    The first article said that Pod2G claimed it would work. This article says that Pod2G has a working untethered jailbreak on his iPhone 4.

So the first one was based on word, this one is based on a working tangible iOS 5.0.1 device.

It's an article on an untethered jailbreak that's getting released. The news of its development will always come before the release.

Your post sounds like you're dismissing this as a tethered jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by WaLLy3K View Post
    It's an article on an untethered jailbreak that's getting released. The news of its development will always come before the release.

Your post sounds like you're dismissing this as a tethered jailbreak.
    and your post shows how illiterate and misunderstood you can be. next time think it over once or twice before you respond to someone else's post.

The dev team already reported a preliminary jb on a 4S. If the devs can get together and play nice, an untethered 4S jb should be possible.

Thanks

Would updating to 5.0.1 over the air keep everything in my ipod the way it is such as apps n cydia?

Thanks

Ugh I don't even care about untethered anymore. I just want a jailbreak for my 4S.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast