Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2G Has An iPhone 4 On iOS 5.0.1 With An Untethered Jailbreak

I wish they would say if it's userland or limerain hardware exploit so I can update my iPad 2. It's on 4.3.3 untethered with NO blobs, if I wait I can't get to 5.0.1 when 5.1 is released. What should I do here?

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RRoD420 View Post
    I wish they would say if it's userland or limerain hardware exploit so I can update my iPad 2. It's on 4.3.3 untethered with NO blobs, if I wait I can't get to 5.0.1 when 5.1 is released. What should I do here?
    Yes u can just tell it to save your SHSH with TinyUmbrella now and it will save 5.0.1 to since Apple is signing it then download it through a side website but don't install it

lol I am still on 4.2.1 Greenposi0n :P

Also, does the new TU that saves 5.0+ Blobs+APTicket work for A5 devices? I saved 5.0.1 blobs for my iPad 2 does that mean the APTicket saved also and I can restore using that later?

Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    It better come soon. I'm sick of waiting for this. I don't know how many times I've installed something in Cydia and it simply claims "Restart Springboard" while it actually restarts my phone, and I'm at work, and screwed without a phone for the rest of the day. They just really shouldn't even bother releasing anything tethered. It's a waste of everyone's time unless you have no job and stay home all day.
    Tell you what sport, how about you make your own jailbreak? OR don't install things off cydia when you're at work.... You're not very smart are you?
    Just because you're to dumb to have a teathered jailbreak doesn't mean the rest of us are.

I just want a sim unlock.. better for resale which is what i really care about

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stefan.buddle View Post
    I just want a sim unlock.. better for resale which is what i really care about
    Just say its unlockable that's what I did and since the guy was from Russia he read it as sayin unlocked sold my iPhone 4 16gig tethered jailbroken for $350 +$50 ship lol

It's not a lie cause every iPhone is unlockable the software just hasnt been released or made yet even if it takes them 50 years it's still unlockable lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone laurence0609's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogger View Post
    My biggest concern is that Apple release IOS 5.1 and stop signing 5.0.1 before they release the Jailbreak because I'm reluctant to jump from 4.3.3 to 5. Anything before the JB is actually available.
    And how can I tell if my favourite tweaks work on 5 ??
    I love Lockinfo
    Icall Announce
    Five icon dock
    Five rows & colums
    And of course SB settings

Can anyone confirm that these work on 5.0.1 before I jump and then I'll wait for the JB so I'm untethered.

Thanxx in advance.

Jolly
    I am on a semi tethered JB IOS 5.0.1 and have all those tweaks that you have mentioned except for the Icall Announce and it all works for me, no problem at all

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

I am still on 4.3.3 and I am debating on whether or not to upgrade to 5.0.1 amd just be tethered. Any advice?

Easy there rkswat. This is a forum not a roast. It's supposed to be helpful and promote intelligent discussion about these things. What good is it to get all uppity? You could get rid of at least half the posts on here if you erased all the negative ones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I am still on 4.3.3 and I am debating on whether or not to upgrade to 5.0.1 amd just be tethered. Any advice?
    I miss 4.3.3 untethered but the iOS 5 native features won me over with that said I've had to tether boot about 7 times although semiTether did allow me to use my phone and text while away from my computer. The tethered boots were my battery drained normally without a charger being close by.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I miss 4.3.3 untethered but the iOS 5 native features won me over with that said I've had to tether boot about 7 times although semiTether did allow me to use my phone and text while away from my computer. The tethered boots were my battery drained normally without a charger being close by.
    I may just update just to get the iOs 5 native features.

Also, does the new TU that saves 5.0+ Blobs+APTicket work for A5 devices? I saved 5.0.1 blobs for my iPad 2 does that mean the APTicket saved also and I can restore using that later?
    Good question. MuscleNerd tweeted that the 5.0.1 TU would save blobs and APTickets, but since the version of redsn0w that stitches these all together with the ipsw doesn't exist yet, we can't confirm this as working for A5 devices. Anybody out there got any knowledge of this?

Holiday wishlist, iPhone 4s Jailbreak and/or sim unlock

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stefan.buddle View Post
    Holiday wishlist, iPhone 4s Jailbreak and/or sim unlock
    They've showed ways around the sim lock on the 4s. The only company that won't unlock the gsm radio is AT&T. Everyone else will do it for you after a month or so good standing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -JailbreakeR- View Post
    They've showed ways around the sim lock on the 4s. The only company that won't unlock the gsm radio is AT&T. Everyone else will do it for you after a month or so good standing.
    Wait so does that mean that if your on AT&T and u jailbreak it to say Verizon that they will unlock it for you?

Thanks

I updated to 5.0.1 and it worked for a bit. Now my phone is stick on the boot screen and I can not reboot the phone to restore it. Any ideas. I was using the latest version of redsn0w. Tried rebooting with redsn0w and nothing. Just stays on the loading screen. I also tried jailbreaking it again and it gives an error on the screen. Need advice on hoe to restore back to factory settings.
    Last edited by The Guz; 12-14-2011 at 01:07 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Wait so does that mean that if your on AT&T and u jailbreak it to say Verizon that they will unlock it for you?
    Possibly it just depends on the csr you get. You can use an AT&T locked iPhone on Verizon I believe. Since the unlock is only for gsm (sim) radio and Verizon uses the CDMA radio.

Thanks

I updated to 5.0.1 and it worked for a bit. Now my phone is stick on the boot screen and I can not reboot the phone to restore it. Any ideas. I was using the latest version of redsn0w. Tried rebooting with redsn0w and nothing. Just stays on the loading screen. I also tried jailbreaking it again and it gives an error on the screen. Need advice on hoe to restore back to factory settings.
    I was able to figure it out. I posted in the redsn0w thread.

Thanks

I was able to figure it out. I posted in the redsn0w thread.
    try DFU mode and restore
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast