+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2G Has An iPhone 4 On iOS 5.0.1 With An Untethered Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ramicio It better come soon. I'm sick of waiting for this. I don't know how many times I've installed something in Cydia and it simply claims "Restart
    Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    It better come soon. I'm sick of waiting for this. I don't know how many times I've installed something in Cydia and it simply claims "Restart Springboard" while it actually restarts my phone, and I'm at work, and screwed without a phone for the rest of the day. They just really shouldn't even bother releasing anything tethered. It's a waste of everyone's time unless you have no job and stay home all day.
    Or you could not install from Cydia until u are near a PC, what could be that urgent that you need it from Cydia "now" and could not wait ????
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I am running 4.3.3 untethered on my I4 baseband is 4.10.01.. Do I just do an upgrade on itunes using the stock ispw from apple or do I create a custom ispw? My concern is will I mess up my phone for being able to do future jailbreaks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John1177 View Post
    I am running 4.3.3 untethered on my I4 baseband is 4.10.01.. Do I just do an upgrade on itunes using the stock ispw from apple or do I create a custom ispw? My concern is will I mess up my phone for being able to do future jailbreaks.
    Everything on your phone will be deleted if when u update/restore to iOS 5 or iOS 5.0.1 firmware and to preserve ur baseband u will create a custom iOS 5.0.1 but it best to wait til the untethered is actually released

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

On my 4S..ya know, I think I'll just wait here on iOS 5, just in case. No need to hit up that extra 0.0.1 in the firmware haha
    my SPOON is too big

Thanks

Pod2g is a beast at what he does but I'm just paranoid. Once the 5.0.1 jailbreak is out "officially" ...I'll update.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s0ulp1xel View Post
    Just some advice but save your SHSH
    Ahhh, I needed that advice. I've gotten so comfortable on 4.3.1 that I forget to save my SHSH blobs. I forgot to save 5.0 but 5.01 is saved thanks to you. I'm sure this jailbreak will be out before Christmas so I will be ready. I'm also glad that we have finally gotten a custom firmware tool for Windows. I almost created a Hackintosh just so I could jailbreak with the Mac tools instead of Windows.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought by 12/14/11 that the new 5.1 iOS was coming out or something.. just thought I'd ask but i def. updated my IPhone 4 with the newest.. Just hope they get it working on 4s..

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Does anyone know if I can use Wine so I can use iFaith on OS X? I don't have steady/reliable access to a Windows pc.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

As soon as the job comes out I will update to 5.0.1. I hope it comes out before the new iOS 5.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    I have the same question. Since an OTA update only updates certain files, will it still remove the jailbreak?
    I believe it will
    Last edited by buttamix; 12-12-2011 at 09:22 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    Who tells people to update before the jb is even released? What are you thinking? Premature is an understatement. You need to be more responsible with your reporting. Telling them to update at this point is ludicrous and you need to keep your bad advice to yourself. I'll upgrade when Pod2g or Chronic says it is available.
    If you're on 5.0 already I understand why anyone wouldn't. For the people thats still on 4.x firmware this may be very helpful advice. If apple stop signing the 5.0.1 firmware then the people that's not on the 5.0.1 is out of luck for a untethered jailbreak for possibly quite some time. There's a tethered jailbreaks for 5.0.1 now, that can hold most people down until we get the untethered jailbreak.

Also Pod2g said "Feel free to update." as well.
    Last edited by Tashawn; 12-12-2011 at 09:57 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so wheres the jailbreak? or when will it be available?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashawn View Post
    If you're on 5.0 already I understand why anyone wouldn't. For the people thats still on 4.x firmware this may be very helpful advice. If apple stop signing the 5.0.1 firmware then the people that's not on the 5.0.1 is out of luck for a untethered jailbreak for possibly quite some time. There's a tethered jailbreaks for 5.0.1 now, that can hold most people down until we get the untethered jailbreak.

Also Pod2g said "Feel free to update." as well.
    But for those of us on 4.x who saved our 5.0.1 SHSH we should be able to upgrade to 5.0.1 when the untether comes out, correct? Why do we need to update?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by golf4life80 View Post
    But for those of us on 4.x who saved our 5.0.1 SHSH we should be able to upgrade to 5.0.1 when the untether comes out, correct? Why do we need to update?
    You would need to save your APticket as well. As far as I've known you would need to be on that firmware (5.0.1) to save it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CByrdie View Post
    For everyone saying tethered isn't that bad I'd agree! Except for one issue! And maybe it's my phone idk but there was an article on here about ios5 having a memory leak issue idk if that's the problem with my phone or what but I can jb and within an hour or 2 be out of memory and my phone reboot! So be careful that this might happen to u! It did it to me on 5.0 and now 5.0.1
    This happened to me!! Bad!!! To the point where my semi tether quit working and I had to go without a phone all day!! This happened a few times until my phone wouldn't even except a tethered reboot. Had to do a factory restore.

Thanks

Hey EVERYONE w/ a 4s!! We all know that the CDT hasn't come out w/ a JB yet. PLEASE stop ending every freakin' comment or opinion with "... but they haven't come out w/ a JB for 4s yet!" or "... but i can't get/do/buy or whatever, because I have a 4s and they haven't come out w/ a JB yet!" WE KNOW!!! Stop whining! YOU are the one that chose to get a 4s, knowing full well that there wasn't a JB for it, and the CDT had been saying months before the new phone came out, that a JB was going to take time, and please be patient. The whining is WAY passed the annoying level and isn't going to make a JB magically appear. GOT IT?!?!?!????

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimwarmsands View Post
    Hey EVERYONE w/ a 4s!! We all know that the CDT hasn't come out w/ a JB yet. PLEASE stop ending every freakin' comment or opinion with "... but they haven't come out w/ a JB for 4s yet!" or "... but i can't get/do/buy or whatever, because I have a 4s and they haven't come out w/ a JB yet!" WE KNOW!!! Stop whining! YOU are the one that chose to get a 4s, knowing full well that there wasn't a JB for it, and the CDT had been saying months before the new phone came out, that a JB was going to take time, and please be patient. The whining is WAY passed the annoying level and isn't going to make a JB magically appear. GOT IT?!?!?!????
    But I want it lol
    You mad bro?

Thanks

Is this tethered or untethered?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimwarmsands View Post
    This warms my heart.
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 12-12-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

Yeah please stop whining!..... Now seriously, I have an iP4S and I really, really want a jb. 0_o
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Yeah please stop whining!..... Now seriously, I have an iP4S and I really, really want a jb. 0_o
    Lol

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Jailbreak 4S just came out u want the link?