+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2G Has An iPhone 4 On iOS 5.0.1 With An Untethered Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Pancho paco Would updating to 5.0.1 over the air keep everything in my ipod the way it is such as apps n cydia? I have the same
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Would updating to 5.0.1 over the air keep everything in my ipod the way it is such as apps n cydia?
    I have the same question. Since an OTA update only updates certain files, will it still remove the jailbreak?

Green Apple
    Thanks

For everyone saying tethered isn't that bad I'd agree! Except for one issue! And maybe it's my phone idk but there was an article on here about ios5 having a memory leak issue idk if that's the problem with my phone or what but I can jb and within an hour or 2 be out of memory and my phone reboot! So be careful that this might happen to u! It did it to me on 5.0 and now 5.0.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone WaLLy3K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iZangetsu View Post
    and your post shows how illiterate and misunderstood you can be. next time think it over once or twice before you respond to someone else's post.
    For someone that starts attacking another persons use of English, you should probably proofread your own post first.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbouchamekh View Post
    We wanna a sim unlock for iphone 4 bb 4.11.08 thats more urgent................
    I think it's funny when ppl say one things more "urgent" than others because it's what they want, jailbreaks are always more "urgent" than unlocks because there is no unlock without jailbreaks, be patient, it's not a big deal as long as its being worked on

!zy
    Thanks

Personally I relied on jailbreak but since I got the i4s I got use to the restricted device with its limited function but I know when the jailbreak is release, I will enjoy and appreciate it more.... But it also make me wonder how long the jailbreakers are gonna be in this business with apple constantly updating the firmware to bring new update and ehm block vunrable jailbreak opportunity

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Ummmm....iOS 5 is jailbroke. It's just tethered, which to many people put negative attention to. Especially with Semitether, what would hold you back from updating to a much better OS? Just my opinion, but if you have your shsh blobs for 4.2.1 and you don't like iOS 5 you can always go back and rejb with GP again. I have a feeling if most of these people that have never tried but only heard tethered JB's suck actually try it out they'll think differently. It's really not that bad. I've had packages from cydia that need a reboot (not to many) but I've never had my phone crash to where I need to boot tether. It may respring itself or go to safe mode but you don't need to reboot to solve that issue. And even if something like that happens Semitether will kick in (if you can't boot tether) so at least you have your phone and SMS (and safari if you toggle it) available for emergencies or you just need to text or call someone. Not a big deal at all
    Due to the nature of my occupation, I can't afford the slightest risk that something could go wrong with my phone. I used to be on the front lines, but times change... To be fair, I have not looked at the semitether, and I definitely will... I would rather zero the risk and wait for a completely untethered jb... I believe a lot of folks do these days.

iOS 5 is a great OS, and yes it's faster if you have an iPhone 4 or later, but 4.2.1 is still a great OS. I don't see the value in upgrading, at the cost of possibly losing information and possibly halting business, for an OS I will have to re-jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evilcalvin View Post
    Update question: iPhone 4 greenpoison jailbreak 4.2.1. When I upgrage to 5.0.1 and then this jailbreak is released to the public, will cydia, mywi and all other apps get reinstalled? Will my registration for apps that I bought get remembered?
    You should have a look at PKGBackup from cydia!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evilcalvin View Post
    Update question: iPhone 4 greenpoison jailbreak 4.2.1. When I upgrage to 5.0.1 and then this jailbreak is released to the public, will cydia, mywi and all other apps get reinstalled? Will my registration for apps that I bought get remembered?
    It will remember the registration for apps that you bought. But it will NOT reinstall your tweaks/hacks.

Make a list of the tweaks/hacks you have installed.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Thanks

I'm untethered on iOS 4.3.3.

Ideally I always want to remain untethered.

If I update to semi-untethered on 5.0.1 now -- and then Apple releases 5.1 before the official release of the untethered jailbreak for 5.0.1, and immediately stops signing 5.0.1, then I'm basically stuck on untethered 5.0.1 until a new jailbreak for 5.1 is out.

If Apple's not signing anything but the latest and we have no way or installing older OS's with older blobs any more... we're kinda screwed.

So, what we really need is for these guys to release the untethered 5.0.1 while Apple is still signing 5.0.1. Otherwise it's useless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post

If I update to semi-untethered on 5.0.1 now -- and then Apple releases 5.1 before the official release of the untethered jailbreak for 5.0.1, and immediately stops signing 5.0.1, then I'm basically stuck on untethered 5.0.1 until a new jailbreak for 5.1 is out.

If Apple's not signing anything but the latest and we have no way or installing older OS's with older blobs any more... we're kinda screwed.

So, what we really need is for these guys to release the untethered 5.0.1 while Apple is still signing 5.0.1. Otherwise it's useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Tethered is actually a good thing. Most dont realize this. Tethered = bootrom exploit = always jailbreakable. Untethered more often then not means update kills it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ifones View Post
    Tethered is fine. Too much hype against it. You can still repring and install most cydia withoutva reboot.
    Look.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

What's Jailbreak? HoriZontal SuN's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still staying with IOS5 no need for me to update

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post

That's why you'd use ifaith so you could restore to 5.0.1 even if apple not signing it anymore. So it's not useless at all. Do some reading on shah blobs and APtickets.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    Due to the nature of my occupation, I can't afford the slightest risk that something could go wrong with my phone. I used to be on the front lines, but times change... To be fair, I have not looked at the semitether, and I definitely will... I would rather zero the risk and wait for a completely untethered jb... I believe a lot of folks do these days.

iOS 5 is a great OS, and yes it's faster if you have an iPhone 4 or later, but 4.2.1 is still a great OS. I don't see the value in upgrading, at the cost of possibly losing information and possibly halting business, for an OS I will have to re-jailbreak.
    I am tethered iOS 5 and use Semitether option it's rare to reboot

Quote Originally Posted by HoriZontal SuN View Post
    I'm still staying with IOS5 no need for me to update
    Agreed. I have more control over my phone with a tethered jailbreak IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by -JailbreakeR- View Post
    That's why you'd use ifaith so you could restore to 5.0.1 even if apple not signing it anymore. So it's not useless at all. Do some reading on shah blobs and APtickets.
    I just posted a tutorial on YouTube
    Last edited by mikerlx; 12-12-2011 at 01:15 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

When you see JB you think jailbreak
    When I see JB I think Justin bieber!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WaLLy3K View Post
    It's an article on an untethered jailbreak that's getting released. The news of its development will always come before the release.

Your post sounds like you're dismissing this as a tethered jailbreak.
    the last sentence in the article asks :

Will you be updating to iOS 5.0.1 now that you are guaranteed an iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak?
    Share in the comments below!

izengetsu says :

(No, I) Still want the untethered jb released first, but good news to hear.

im on the same boat with the bleach lover. once the untethered jailbreak is released to the public, then il update.
    but its good news to hear.

i can see why you(wally3k) think "Your post sounds like you're dismissing this as a tethered jailbreak." but im pretty
    sure the guy is not that careless to overlook the words "untethered" when it comes to jailbreak. you should have
    thought it over after thinking this guys an idiot for not reading the article (lol)

but come on guys can we stop fighting over nothing and just get along. i can see that both of yall like bleach considering yalls avatars. i like inoue (for all the obvious reasons lol) and kenpachi. how bout yall?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm just dying for a 4s jb! I will gladly take semi tethered.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    I have the same question. Since an OTA update only updates certain files, will it still remove the jailbreak?
    OTA will only update the software. Here's what updating does, it just takes the current software and replaces it with the new one. It keeps all your media still on the device, so even though your jailbreak tweaks will be hidden, but they will still be installed. Now if you restore, it erases everything, updates the software, and syncs back your iTunes media, but all your jailbreak tweaks will be gone.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    OTA will only update the software. Here's what updating does, it just takes the current software and replaces it with the new one. It keeps all your media still on the device, so even though your jailbreak tweaks will be hidden, but they will still be installed. Now if you restore, it erases everything, updates the software, and syncs back your iTunes media, but all your jailbreak tweaks will be gone.
    Wow so now all we have to do is basically jailbreak per update and the Tweaks will stay with us for life

Thanks

It better come soon. I'm sick of waiting for this. I don't know how many times I've installed something in Cydia and it simply claims "Restart Springboard" while it actually restarts my phone, and I'm at work, and screwed without a phone for the rest of the day. They just really shouldn't even bother releasing anything tethered. It's a waste of everyone's time unless you have no job and stay home all day.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My biggest concern is that Apple release IOS 5.1 and stop signing 5.0.1 before they release the Jailbreak because I'm reluctant to jump from 4.3.3 to 5. Anything before the JB is actually available.
    And how can I tell if my favourite tweaks work on 5 ??
    I love Lockinfo
    Icall Announce
    Five icon dock
    Five rows & colums
    And of course SB settings

Can anyone confirm that these work on 5.0.1 before I jump and then I'll wait for the JB so I'm untethered.

Thanxx in advance.

Jolly

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast