+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2G Has An iPhone 4 On iOS 5.0.1 With An Untethered Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by evilcalvin Update question: iPhone 4 greenpoison jailbreak 4.2.1. When I upgrage to 5.0.1 and then this jailbreak is released to the public, will cydia, mywi and all
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evilcalvin View Post
    Update question: iPhone 4 greenpoison jailbreak 4.2.1. When I upgrage to 5.0.1 and then this jailbreak is released to the public, will cydia, mywi and all other apps get reinstalled? Will my registration for apps that I bought get remembered?
    Yes it should. Just re login to your existing cydia account when you update and rejailbreak.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    Can't wait for the release! Great job to chronic dev team, once again! Until the public release, however, I'll be sticking with my 4.2.1 iPhone 4. No point giving up the jailbreak just to experience iOS 5 before it's jb'd. IMO - that's not much of an experience.
    Ummmm....iOS 5 is jailbroke. It's just tethered, which to many people put negative attention to. Especially with Semitether, what would hold you back from updating to a much better OS? Just my opinion, but if you have your shsh blobs for 4.2.1 and you don't like iOS 5 you can always go back and rejb with GP again. I have a feeling if most of these people that have never tried but only heard tethered JB's suck actually try it out they'll think differently. It's really not that bad. I've had packages from cydia that need a reboot (not to many) but I've never had my phone crash to where I need to boot tether. It may respring itself or go to safe mode but you don't need to reboot to solve that issue. And even if something like that happens Semitether will kick in (if you can't boot tether) so at least you have your phone and SMS (and safari if you toggle it) available for emergencies or you just need to text or call someone. Not a big deal at all
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 12-11-2011 at 08:06 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

cannnnot wait for this untether! I'm going away on January 16th, so hopefully this untether will be released by then! props to pod2g and chronic for their work on this (along with everyone else involved)!

Thanks

That's somewhat good news, the jailbreak for the A5 is the real deal though. It's nice to have the iOS 5 jailbreak, but the iPhone 4 is old, if you want to admit it or not. With the iPad 3 and iPhone 5 avaliable within the next year. The A5 jailbreak is a huge step forward.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

This is my single biggest gripe with being a 4S user. The jailbreak grass is so much greener on the other side.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Didn't musclenerd release a video of the iPad 2 on iOS 5 jailbroke? This would indicate the a5 will be included, right?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Is it even worth updating to iOS 5? I'm still on 4.1 with my iP4 set up exactly how I like it and I couldn't be happier.

What makes iOS 5 better?

I'd also like to know exactly how much time these guys dedicate to finding exploits to jailbreak the different iOS versions. I'm willing to pay up and help support them if it means a much faster jailbreak because I'm sure these guys already need to keep full time jobs as it is.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

for real i will take a tethered JB at this point, my 4S is so boring. But i still love it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Just throwing this out there.
    Do you think someday it will be possible for the devs to create upgrade packages. For example.....

Release untethered JB for 5.01
    When apple updates 5.02, they can download the update, disect it, rip out the files that were changed and then we can apply the updates manually without reflashing and losing JB status.

Or go a step further......

Release untethered jb for 5.01
    Apple updates come out, they update but they have another JB that is unreleased. They use it to jb their device and grab the file changes which are then bottled up for us to consume.

This way you can burn just one jb yet still maintain the ability to upgrade with the rest of em and enjoy the upgrades so long as you don't fubar your phone and have to restore without ifaith etc..

Just a thought......

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

It's good to hear that it's confirmed to work on ios 5.0.1. Thanks for your hard work.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

I just want a iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak,is dat too much to ask!! :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good to know, I'm still sticking with iOS 5.

iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

This is great news especially for me since i updated my iphone 4 to 5.0.1 only because my phone was acting a little weird. I cant wait to go back to a jailbroken device. Iphones look so damn boring without a theme. I hope it gets released this week. I miss having those extremely useful and handy tweaks.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone says its okay to go to 5.0.1 but Apples not signing it and they released 5.1 and signing that now

Thanks
    Thanked 15,019 Times in 6,925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Everyone says its okay to go to 5.0.1 but Apples not signing it and they released 5.1 and signing that now
    What are you talking about? 5.0.1 is the latest public iOS. 5.1 is in beta and only released to developers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    Didn't musclenerd release a video of the iPad 2 on iOS 5 jailbroke? This would indicate the a5 will be included, right?
    It's tethered AFAIK. But hey tethered is better then nothing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Ummmm NO! 5.1 BETA was released to developers ONLY. 5.0.1 is the latest public fw.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (12-11-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Reading many of these posts have reminded me of Musclenerd's preliminary jailbreak for the 4s which was posted about a while ago. Does anybody have any knowledge of the status of this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will patiently await the iOS 5.0/.0.1 JB for the iPad 2, however if this JB comes out in the meantime, I might as well JB my iPhone 3GS. I'm just hoping to find some tweaks that'll make it run a bit quicker again, iOS5 gobbled up most of my phone's responsiveness.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

We wanna a sim unlock for iphone 4 bb 4.11.08 thats more urgent................