+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Arrange and Manage Your App Switcher With Additional Options

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With this tweak you have the ability to make your App Switcher customizable. How would you like to be able to add things to your App Switcher or re-arrange how
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] Arrange and Manage Your App Switcher With Additional Options

With this tweak you have the ability to make your App Switcher customizable.

How would you like to be able to add things to your App Switcher or re-arrange how things appear in it? With this new free tweak in Cydia dubbed SwitcherLoader, you can. SwitcherLoader was made by a developer known as Ryan Coffman (Fr0zen Sun) but he was assisted by developers Ryan Petrich and Dustin Howett in its final creation.

This tweak allows you to customize your App Switcher and move things around the way you want it. You can even put a second SpringBoard dock into your App Switcher for fast application access. This might seem like a dumb thing to put into the App Switcher, but with a combination of this tweak and also Lockscreen Multitasking, you could save yourself some money and have a LockLauncher-like workaround for your iDevice.

It's not limited to what's included, but it's fully open source which means that developers can make any kinds of plugins for the App Switcher. How cool would that be? Remember how developers were right on the ball about making widgets for the iOS 5 Notification Center? This is iOS 4 users' opportunity to get widget-like functionality in the App Switcher instead of in Notification Center only. Additionally, iOS 5 users can use this too. It allows you to load custom plugins into the App Switcher. You can have more than just the standard music and volume controls. You can easily rearrange and remove plugins in settings. It includes a developer API for creating plugins for SwitcherLoader: more here.

This tweak doesn't add any icons to your home screen but it does have settings to configure from the Settings application:

You can control the order of your plugins by holding on and dragging them the same way that you move your Notification Center widgets and notifications around by importance. There are three pre-loaded and you can expect more plugins in the future thanks to the developer API that is included allowing developers to make more for this jailbreak tweak. It requires iOS 4.2 or higher to install and use.

Name: SwitcherLoader
    Price: FREE
    Repo: BigBoss
    Version: 1.0
    Developer: Ryan Coffman (Fr0zen Sun)

Will you be downloading and trying SwitcherLoader? Share in the comments below!

Sources: Ryan Coffman

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

So glad this is free. Thanks for the article!

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    So glad this is free. Thanks for the article!
    Does this work for iPad 2 Jailbroken on 4.3?
    Thanks,
    Adam

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm just waiting on switchermod to support ios5 before I update, if this tweak removed recents then I would use it.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suchef44 View Post
    Does this work for iPad 2 Jailbroken on 4.3?
    Thanks,
    Adam
    Yes. This works with 4.2 and above

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    I'm just waiting on switchermod to support ios5 before I update, if this tweak removed recents then I would use it.
    i would too, from the title i thought this was going to be an alternative

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Switchermod alternative is MultiCleaner works the same & has more features, it cost $0.99, worth the money.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!