+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Continues Anti-Apple Campaign by Bashing iTunes in the Cloud

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by MYPHONEI Damm I can't have my opinion too? Of course not Apple fans only post............WOW yes the Android OS needs work How about all the problems with
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
    Damm I can't have my opinion too? Of course not Apple fans only post............WOW

yes the Android OS needs work

How about all the problems with iOS? Oh its OK because its the sacred Apple. Why don't you give me a break
    Both OS's need work, I never even mentioned that. I was reffering to your "95% hype". There is nothing wrong with prefering Lion over windows or any other OS. And if people are willing to pay then maybe that means it's not just hype. The truth is that Apple laptops sell like candy. Apple has only a few products compared to say Samsung, my question is if Samsung had such system going on, would they do it as well as Apple does? I don't know but I do think you should give Apple some credit. They attempted something and succeded. And it's not due to hype it's due to actually knowing what you are doing product wise. You may say it is marketing but I'm more inclined to say it's trying to achive something good and guess what, some people noticed that and bought their products and now Apple is worth what it is.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    +1 they do feel like cheap toys and the response is sooooo slow
    Put iOS 4 or 5 on the iphone 3G. Tell me how laggy it is. I have tried it, and screen transitions and responsiveness are ****! The phone even locks up for whole seconds at a time! Some android phones lag due to limited hardware as well.

Compare cutting edge to cutting edge.

Someone said iOS 4.x + on 3G was an unfair comparison. That is BS. That is an Apple OS on an Apple product. Apple fans say iOS is so light and requires little hardware acceleration to run well...so long as we discount the iPhone 3G.

Apple fanboys are the biggest hypocritical idiots I have ever seen.

Face facts...Apple is on borrowed time. Their hypocrisy, their lies, and their lawsuits are piling up. I woke up to what Apple was pulling and I am now a proud owner of a GSII.

Apple still lives in the days of having a 3.x sized screen is an acceptable screen size for a flagship product. All these Apple drones need to wake up, and put the sledgehammer through Apple...and make the words "Steve Jobs" synonymous with "crooked business practice"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Apple didn't bash PC users, they bashed Microsoft Windows. If you can't tell the difference, than I guess there's not much more I can tell you.
    No, they definitely bashed PC USERS as well as PC's! How do you think they portrayed PC users in those commercials? Like uptight, uneducated, old men. And Apple users were portrayed as cool, hip, mid twenties smart asses. You don't think apple took the people acting as PC and MAC into consideration? You need to take a business class.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    So it was ok for apple to bash pc users?
    Apple was bashing PC's not the customers. I only have the iAccessories, never will I get a mac.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Call me what you want but the bottom line is who sells more phones Samsung or Apple. What are 99% of the mobile phone carriers in the world want to carry? Yes the iPhone. Let's be totally impartial. If you laid a Samsung phone next to an iPhone, which one LOOKS ecstatically better. Numbers don't lie.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What site talks about android os and phones?
    I mean you have apparent hemodrhoids here, at an apple oriented site, so do they have any "credible" sites that we/I could go and haunt?

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Sorry, I must have missed where I said that EVERYONE copies Apple. Please show me where. Oh wait, I didn't. You just keep trying to make arguments, but all of your arguments are total redundant to what a person that you are replying to says.
    Good try, you did

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
    Call me what you want but the bottom line is who sells more phones Samsung or Apple. What are 99% of the mobile phone carriers in the world want to carry? Yes the iPhone. Let's be totally impartial. If you laid a Samsung phone next to an iPhone, which one LOOKS ecstatically better. Numbers don't lie.
    iphone is far from 99% of the market
    And I think some of the other phones are cool too
    ModMyI is a fan site or attracts a lot of Fans
    I come here to learn about JB but get interested in the discussion
    But it turns sour unless I do nothing but agree iPhone is the best.

I think iPhone is good but it has flaws
    Just as android
    Last edited by MYPHONEI; 12-11-2011 at 08:00 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Good try, you did
    Im begging you to show me where.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CMartins View Post
    Both OS's need work, I never even mentioned that. I was reffering to your "95% hype". There is nothing wrong with prefering Lion over windows or any other OS. And if people are willing to pay then maybe that means it's not just hype. The truth is that Apple laptops sell like candy. Apple has only a few products compared to say Samsung, my question is if Samsung had such system going on, would they do it as well as Apple does? I don't know but I do think you should give Apple some credit. They attempted something and succeded. And it's not due to hype it's due to actually knowing what you are doing product wise. You may say it is marketing but I'm more inclined to say it's trying to achive something good and guess what, some people noticed that and bought their products and now Apple is worth what it is.
    My Wife works at Staples and every year a dozen or more new college students come in to buy a PC laptop because they had a Mac and found it useless for college,
    They had problems with compatibility

PC laptops are user upgradable
    I can get an awesome light PC laptop for 700 or less

But enough I believe Macs are all hype thats all
    Always have and always will
    I have used a mac before and hated it
    I have used and programed PC's since 1980

Thanks

iphone is far from 99% of the market
    You really need to learn to read. He said 99% of carrier WANT the iphone. He didnt say a thing about it taking 99% of the market share. Goodness.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

You really need to learn to read. He said 99% of carrier WANT the iphone. He didnt say a thing about it taking 99% of the market share. Goodness.
    Goodness so what also 100% carry Samsung phones..............So what? its not a P contest
    I stand by what I said, Look At&t could of been an Iphone only Carrier if it wanted to, but people wanted the other phones get real it is what he is trying to say, Spin it the way you want.........

It's funny, in the video, even the packaging for the GS2 looks strangely similar to the iPhone's... Lol

Im begging you to show me where.
    I think in the above quote you mentioned it was "strangely similar" and I take it you are trying to be clever and say that does not mean copy, I take as you do.

I do not think its a copy, nor do I think Android is a copy, I have used and worked with both and find them a lot different in many ways.
    In order to have an OS and touch screen and ear phone and Mic and buttons sure they are going to share some things in common.
    At one time most landline phones all looked the same too, cordless phones later looked similar too..........

Anyway if I misunderstood the comment then fine, but I grow tired of always having to explain the obvious to people on MMI

If I offended people, I'm sorry but do not be so thinned skinned, I have my opinions about the iPhone and its love hate mostly. I hate any fanboyism it really P's me off.
    Its a phone
    Its a Laptop
    its not so important
    I have fun with these devices and work on them

but when it comes down to it, its just not that important compared to other things in life

Later
    Last edited by MYPHONEI; 12-11-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LivesForJihad View Post
    Put iOS 4 or 5 on the iphone 3G. Tell me how laggy it is. I have tried it, and screen transitions and responsiveness are ****! The phone even locks up for whole seconds at a time! Some android phones lag due to limited hardware as well.

Compare cutting edge to cutting edge.

Someone said iOS 4.x + on 3G was an unfair comparison. That is BS. That is an Apple OS on an Apple product. Apple fans say iOS is so light and requires little hardware acceleration to run well...so long as we discount the iPhone 3G.

Apple fanboys are the biggest hypocritical idiots I have ever seen.

Face facts...Apple is on borrowed time. Their hypocrisy, their lies, and their lawsuits are piling up. I woke up to what Apple was pulling and I am now a proud owner of a GSII.

Apple still lives in the days of having a 3.x sized screen is an acceptable screen size for a flagship product. All these Apple drones need to wake up, and put the sledgehammer through Apple...and make the words "Steve Jobs" synonymous with "crooked business practice"
    Ok, I love Android as much as iOS, but this isnt really a fair comparison. Your looking at the iPhone 3G which was released in 2008 along with the G1 also released then. iOS4 was released in 2010, two years after the launch. The G1 was released about the same time and the highest version released for it was 1.6 released 2009, 1 year of support. Really? You said "some android phones lag due to limited hardware as well", then how can you say its a fair comparison. I had a 3G and upgrade to 4.0, it was bad, but better than a G1 running 2.2 or actually a lot of android phones with the same hardware as the 3G or better.

Lots of android phones still are sluggish or slow, they have gotten a whole lot better, and there are a lot that are amazing (Samsung GSII), but there are android phones that are just as slow as the 3G but were built to run there version. Android running on an Android Phone right?

But I dont think its a fair comparison to put 2.2 on the G1 and say its fair...

Saying that 3.5inch screen isnt acceptable is an opinion, not everyone will have the same opinion. Why are they a crooked business practice? Because they sell something that people want? Because they make something the way they want to? Because they dont allow external apps? Because they stop jailbreaking? No thats called business... They make a product how they want to, you buy there product because you like it, you upgrade and loose your jailbreak by choice, they dont force you.
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone?3gs View Post
    Why are they a crooked business practice? Because they sell something that people want? Because they make something the way they want to? Because they dont allow external apps? Because they stop jailbreaking? No thats called business... They make a product how they want to, you buy there product because you like it, you upgrade and loose your jailbreak by choice, they dont force you.
    I have to disagree with you on this. We all know that Apple SPECIFICALLY puts updates to kill the jailbreaks. If they were fair they would allow us to keep the jailbreak and use outside apps at our own risk. They want you to buy THIER product from the apple store so the kill the jailbreak. Its simple economics bro and they want it all and don't want to share. For me thats crooked business.

Stryker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker1 View Post
    I have to disagree with you on this. We all know that Apple SPECIFICALLY puts updates to kill the jailbreaks. If they were fair they would allow us to keep the jailbreak and use outside apps at our own risk. They want you to buy THIER product from the apple store so the kill the jailbreak. Its simple economics bro and they want it all and don't want to share. For me thats crooked business.

Stryker
    I agree, they do and I dont think it is right. But, we can either not upgrade or not buy the product right? They dont want a bug in there closed system, they dont want loopholes to get through there OS, sure thats not really "fair", but it is there software and we could buy other phones. Im against apple suing every company, but making money is what businesses do. They have a legacy support program like no other company meaning your device is at least going to get 2 years of support. That is not what I call crooked business, that is business. They want there OS to be fail proof and fault proof. What's crooked business is that a new phone doesn't even get 1 major update, and thankfully that is being fixed in future android phones.

I love my jailbreak as much as anything, Apple is far from perfect, but it is there OS and modifying it isn't exactly what they intended. I cant say that is crooked business, its mean, but not crooked.

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, in the first place there is varieties to many things ... apple pie, chicken pie, tuna pie, etc... Same as phones, iPhones, Nokia phones, HTC phones, Samsung phones... Better tasting or Better usage is all up to individual's preference. I buy my apple pie, eat it and shut up. Same, as I buy my iPhone use it and be happy... No point bashing another down...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    No, they definitely bashed PC USERS as well as PC's! How do you think they portrayed PC users in those commercials? Like uptight, uneducated, old men. And Apple users were portrayed as cool, hip, mid twenties smart asses. You don't think apple took the people acting as PC and MAC into consideration? You need to take a business class.
    Now even Apple's commercial is being interpreted in the way, so that bs ad of samsung does not look like absolute bs. Most importantly, there were ad's with the woman present, who portrayed PC user moving to a Mac.

"Fanboyism ^ 3" or "Applehatism ^ 3" ? Or maybe both?
    This is not even stupid.

P.S. Reading through all these comments here made me sick. 2 bits of relevant information in the pool of s-hit and half-true half-baked argument. Go figure why "simple" people are uneducated about such things...
    PRAETORIANNI NONNUMQUAM IN PROELIO NUMQUAM IN BELLO SUPERANTUR

Thanks
    I would love to see apple do a response that is humorous like having someone in line asking Siri to have a piano drop on the Sammy guy then make a snide comment about superior technology.

Thanks

I just cant believe some people actually get offended over the commercial. Some people are way too sensitive.

Thanks

Goodness so what also 100% carry Samsung phones..............So what? its not a P contest
    I stand by what I said, Look At&t could of been an Iphone only Carrier if it wanted to, but people wanted the other phones get real it is what he is trying to say, Spin it the way you want.........

I think in the above quote you mentioned it was "strangely similar" and I take it you are trying to be clever and say that does not mean copy, I take as you do.

I do not think its a copy, nor do I think Android is a copy, I have used and worked with both and find them a lot different in many ways.
    In order to have an OS and touch screen and ear phone and Mic and buttons sure they are going to share some things in common.
    At one time most landline phones all looked the same too, cordless phones later looked similar too..........

Anyway if I misunderstood the comment then fine, but I grow tired of always having to explain the obvious to people on MMI

If I offended people, I'm sorry but do not be so thinned skinned, I have my opinions about the iPhone and its love hate mostly. I hate any fanboyism it really P's me off.
    Its a phone
    Its a Laptop
    its not so important
    I have fun with these devices and work on them

but when it comes down to it, its just not that important compared to other things in life

Later
    You stated that I said that EVERYONE copies apple. I said that the GS2 packaging looked similar to the iPhone's. So I guess Samsung is everyone? It was a joke too btw. Talk about obvious.. And I do not care about other's opinions, I care that truth about these matters are spoken, not biased opinions. and Fandroids or Apple fanboys.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cooljohn View Post
    Well, in the first place there is varieties to many things ... apple pie, chicken pie, tuna pie, etc... Same as phones, iPhones, Nokia phones, HTC phones, Samsung phones... Better tasting or Better usage is all up to individual's preference. I buy my apple pie, eat it and shut up. Same, as I buy my iPhone use it and be happy... No point bashing another down...
    Lol, theres apple pie, blackberry pie, ice cream sandwich pie, gingerbread pie, froyo pie.... So many pies to choose from...

My Wife works at Staples and every year a dozen or more new college students come in to buy a PC laptop because they had a Mac and found it useless for college,
    They had problems with compatibility

PC laptops are user upgradable
    I can get an awesome light PC laptop for 700 or less

But enough I believe Macs are all hype thats all
    Always have and always will
    I have used a mac before and hated it
    I have used and programed PC's since 1980
    Ok I get that not everyone loves macs, but compatibility shouldnt be an issue. (Shouldn't being key here) Windows 7 runs on Macs too, so theres no program incompatibility if there is not already a Mac counterpart.

If your on this site, you probably know how to use a screwdriver and can take off the bottom screws of a MBP. There might be different parts than your average hardware store, but there not totally not able to be upgradable.

Price does seem to be an issue, but if these students already had one..?

You are entitled to have the opinion that you dont like Macs, thats fine. But there are a lot of factors why people buy macs. I for one love using my mac, but am using my windows desktop right now because it is close. I like using my Mac more, but not everyone will have that opinion. Though I really wish Manufacturers would include more built in application like Garageband, and other built in apps when we get higher in the Win price range.
    Last edited by iphone?3gs; 12-12-2011 at 02:18 PM.

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro