Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Keep Screenshots Out of Your iCloud Photo Stream!

Default [Review] Keep Screenshots Out of Your iCloud Photo Stream!

The idea behind this tweak is very simple...

The iCloud Photo Stream is the part of iCloud that lets you take photographs (screenshots included) and have them saved to a server on the internet that distributes the photographs to all of your devices instantaneously. Some people really hate the fact that iCloud takes every single photograph you take and stores it on an online server and it further disturbs them that there is no way to delete individual photos without deleting every single one.

At least, you have the power to keep certain photographs from ever seeing iCloud. With this free tweak by Evan Coleman dubbed Screenshot Dam, you can keep all of your screenshots from going into the iCloud Photo Stream. It's not a flaw-proof tweak; it doesn't give you the ability to pick and choose what goes into Photo Stream, but it will help you keep screenshots out. No applications are added to your home screen and there are no settings to configure. As soon as you install this, it will keep screenshots from being uploaded to the iCloud Photo Stream. To resume uploading screenshots, you can uninstall Screenshot Dam.

Name: Screenshot Dam
    Price: FREE
    Repo: BigBoss
    Version: 1.0-1
    Developer: Evan Coleman
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Screenshot Dam is an open source jailbreak tweak and is free to be distributed and edited to your liking. The source code can be viewed here.

Sources: Evan Coleman
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-10-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks

Pretty sweet. I took a screenshot of some Not so light chicks...(that's all I'll say about that) anyways... I found out you couldn't delete them so there's the 'not so light chicks on my photo stream...Chillen. Lol well seems like I can avoid this problem now. Ohh and the screenshot was for a prank I was messaging to one of my buddies.

Crap just remembered I restored my phone to a fresh 5.0(thanks to ifaith..Guess I have to wait til I get home.
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 12-10-2011 at 02:28 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

I just disabled photos in iCloud alltogether.

Default No photo stream
    Quote Originally Posted by xenthis View Post
    i just disabled photos in icloud alltogether.
    agreed +1