+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Try Out An Interesting Vintage Camera Application

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] Try Out An Interesting Vintage Camera Application

Vintage Camera Pro is a fun tool for photography in the Apple App Store.

Photography is fun. One thing that helps make photography more fun is having editing tools built right into your camera. How often is that, though? It turns out that most cameras so not have editing in them because that's just what they are; cameras. Smartphones, on the other hand, are cameras and handheld computers. While a smartphone will never replace a high quality DSLR Digital Camera, they can make easy quick substitutes for the casual photograph taker. Being that they're mini computers as well, they have the ability to edit photos and share them immediately after taking them.

App Developers have made countless photo editing applications for the iPhone and other iDevices. One that will we will take a look at today is called Vintage Camera Pro and it stands out because of its interesting application design and useful photography features which can make your photos look more creative after the fact. Opening the application yields this very unique interface which reminds you of an old camera:

Along the bottom you see a line of buttons, one is similar to your Camera Roll, the next is for taking photographs, and the last one is your settings option. First, we will open the settings option and you will find that there are a lot of settings to configure from inside of the application:

You can choose to save the photos to the device, or just to the Vintage Camera Pro application, change the order of the photo effects so that you can put your favorites on the first page to make them easier to get to, configure auto-uploading to Facebook or Twitter, or learn more about Presselite; the company that made this application. The next button we will look at is the application's built in camera roll which is separate from the iDevice's main Camera Roll:

Basically, as you snap photos, they will be stacked on top of each other one after the other on this film strip. This application is not only good in function but its features are very graphical. You can tell they spent a lot of time making each feature look nice as well as doing its part functionally. Aside from that, you have the camera button which obviously allows you to snap photographs. I took one of my MacBook Pro while surfing Twitter and in it you can see the numerous photo effects that are built into the application:

After you've saved your settings, depending on what you set in the application's preferences, your photograph will be saved in either (or both) the application's camera roll and iOS's Camera Roll. I think this application is pretty nifty.

Name: Vintage Camera Pro
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0
    Seller: Presselite
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Will you be downloading and trying out Vintage Camera Pro? Tell us what you think about it in the comments!

Sources: Antoine Morcos (Presselite)
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-09-2011 at 11:20 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Looks worthy of a try.
    I see too many horrible pictures that have the same ole same ole instagram filter on them.

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    Looks worthy of a try.
    I see too many horrible pictures that have the same ole same ole instagram filter on them.
    True that. I understand not everyone is a professional photographer, but the number of photos assaulting flickr, twitter, facebook, and instagram with the same faux 1960s kodak film or old pentax 35mm camera filter is getting annoying.

Just a little composition? Rule of thirds? Anything?

Sigh...