+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2G: Chronic Dev Team's Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak Will Work On iOS 5.0.1 Too!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Pod2G has another thing that will put a smile on your faces! Use iFaith and save your APticket for iOS 5.0. And then.... Pod2G has confirmed via Twitter that the
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Pod2G: Chronic Dev Team's Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak Will Work On iOS 5.0.1 Too!

Pod2G has another thing that will put a smile on your faces!

Use iFaith and save your APticket for iOS 5.0. And then.... Pod2G has confirmed via Twitter that the Chronic Dev Team's untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 will in fact work on iOS 5.0.1. I suggest that anyone using iOS 4 still upgrades to iOS 5.0.1 so that you won't be trapped in the upcoming iOS 5.1 update. That will in fact not be supported with this tool.

We reported earlier today that the Chronic Dev Team has working untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 but he said was only for iOS 5.0. It seems that after some further testing, they have been able to discern that the tool will work not only on iOS 5.0 but also on iOS 5.0.1. Because of this, you don't need to worry about being on iOS 5.0, and you can simply upgrade and get rid of the annoying OTA (Over The Air) update badge. You can also take upgrading to your advantage, because you will be able to restore to factory settings and have a nice fresh jailbreak from scratch all over again!

Pod2G also claims that he will be testing the newer A5 devices next. Keep your fingers crossed ladies and gentlemen, this is Apple's and the Jailbreak Developers' judgement day.

Sources: Pod2G
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-09-2011 at 04:47 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

ChSchuldiner (12-09-2011), MYPHONEI (12-11-2011)

Thanks

Good news! I wait patiently for the 4S testing. Damn I hope it works.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    Good news! I wait patiently for the 4S testing. Damn I hope it works.
    +1 Can't wait. I miss having a jailbrak!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is even better news than the lakers hornets trade being nixed. Time to activate my twitter to follow the progress toward a 4S jb

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoWoRkSoN's Avatar
    Thanks

Does the latest Redsn0w let you tethered JB on 5.0.1??? I'm running iOS 5 right now on iPhone 4 with tethered JB.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

It would be nice to update my iPad 2 to iOS 5. Still paitently waiting for a jailbreak for it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes yes yes!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

When I first saw this tweet, I read it as "(I) Will work on 5.0.1" not as "(IT) will work on 5.0.1"...but that's AWESOME news if that's the case! I recently restored because my phone had been messing up, and was forced into 5.0.1. CANT WAIT FOR THIS UNTETHER!

Thanks

I'm new to jailbreaking and have a question. I currently have IOS 5 on my Iphone 4 with the tethered jailbreak. Is it possible to jailbreak over a jailbreak? For example, when the untethered jailbreak is released, can I run it over the tethered jailbreak that is already on my phone or do I always have to update/restore to take off the current jailbreak first?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by racosta225 View Post
    I'm new to jailbreaking and have a question. I currently have IOS 5 on my Iphone 4 with the tethered jailbreak. Is it possible to jailbreak over a jailbreak? For example, when the untethered jailbreak is released, can I run it over the tethered jailbreak that is already on my phone or do I always have to update/restore to take off the current jailbreak first?
    Yes, but there's no reason to.

Thanks
    keep your fingers crossed ladies and gentlemen, this is apple's and the jailbreak developers' judgement day.
    爻(  ̄▽ ̄)爻( ̄▽ ̄ )爻(  ̄▽ ̄)爻( ̄▽ ̄ )爻(  ̄▽ ̄)爻( ̄▽ ̄ )爻(  ̄▽ ̄)爻 ( ̄▽ ̄ )爻
    bring it on!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Any word on Apple TV?
    Any word on Apple TV2?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoWoRkSoN View Post
    Does the latest Redsn0w let you tethered JB on 5.0.1??? I'm running iOS 5 right now on iPhone 4 with tethered JB.
    Yes - but you have to download and select the appropriate 5.0 IPSW. It does not natively handle 5.0.1. I am running semi-tether on 5.0.1 on my CDMA iP4.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaddestiPod View Post
    When I first saw this tweet, I read it as "(I) Will work on 5.0.1" not as "(IT) will work on 5.0.1"...but that's AWESOME news if that's the case! I recently restored because my phone had been messing up, and was forced into 5.0.1. CANT WAIT FOR THIS UNTETHER!
    yes i am going to have to agree with you, i think he means he will work on it, not it will work.... i read this and was like if @pod2g read this.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoWoRkSoN View Post
    My iPad 1 has a tethered JB on iOS 5.0.1. So to answer your question. Yes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Please, please, please support the iPhone 4s/iPad 2

Green Apple
    Thanks

I remember reading a while back, when the first tethered JB came out for iOS 5, someone asked the same thing via Twitter and one of the Dev Team members said you would have to restore to stock, and then re-jailbreak, and you could not just jailbreak over your current jailbreak. I am sure when the untethered is released, they will let you know if that's the case!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Yes, but there's no reason to.
    In this case does a person run into any problems jailbreaking over an already jailbroken phone?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaddestiPod View Post
    I remember reading a while back, when the first tethered JB came out for iOS 5, someone asked the same thing via Twitter and one of the Dev Team members said you would have to restore to stock, and then re-jailbreak, and you could not just jailbreak over your current jailbreak. I am sure when the untethered is released, they will let you know if that's the case!
    This helps alot, thanks for your help!
    Last edited by racosta225; 12-09-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Thanks

In this case does a person run into any problems jailbreaking over an already jailbroken phone?

This helps alot, thanks for your help!
    There usually aren't any problems, but having arbitrary programs running over existing ones can cause instability.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Is there a way to save the APticket on a Mac???

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast